“Superb B & B in Budapest!”

and 1 more site!
B & B Bellevue Budapest
Ranked #9 of 187 Budapest B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“Superb B & B in Budapest!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Honestly, I completely lucked out choosing the Bellevue B & B in Budapest. Lajos and Judit are awesome. They were extremely helpful in suggesting activities, helping to contact a local guide I read about, providing tips (how to navigate Turkish Baths :)),and providing details on the use of the transportation system in Budapest. Their B & B is very nice and clean and you can't beat the beautiful views and conversations over breakfast. I really felt like I was staying with family in Budapest. Their location is perfect as well. They are a very short walk from a number of historical sights and a short walk to public transportation for the rest of the city. I will definitely return on my next visit to Budapest and I am sooo grateful for the hospitality Lajos and Judit provided on my visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The location is superb, with a view of castle hill and a quick walk to a square that is a metro transit hub with several good restaurants. It is on the Buda side so expect hills to walk up and down! The hosts are wonderful, when we sent our arrival information Judith sent us very clear directions from the train station, including instructions for the taxi driver in Hungarian with a fair price (in our case 4000 forints or about $20). This helped a lot as the first taxi driver said no (who knows what he would have charged!). She also called around to see if various sites outside of town were open as we were there on a holiday (March 15).

We stayed in a triple on the top floor, very comfortable, clean and spacious. We could hear bells from the church, including at four in the am on the day the new pope was selected, rather startling but unlikely to happen with other travelers!

Breakfast was coffee, juice, yoghurt, bread with butter and jellies, cheeses, meat, and hard boiled egg, and Judith will pack this for you if you leave early in the morning to catch an outbound flight which is very thoughtful.

We had a great stay in this beautiful city even in the cold and snow...made for a perfect day at the thermal bath!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Carolyn S
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We spend a long weekend at the B&B Bellevue. Judit was very helpful and friendly. She provided a great orientation to the local area and even offered help with tours beyond Budapest.

On the Plus side, the hotel was quiet and had a great breakfast that was taken "family style" with the other guests around an 8 person table.
On the Minus side was the internet speed/signal strength and the hot water for showers. We had cold showers when the hotel was full.

I recommend it on the shoulder seasons. It is in a great location, just down the hill from Fisherman's Bastion and just a few blocks from a Metro, tram, and bus station.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sweagle97
hertfordshire
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is the type of place that helps you get the most of a city. The location is great: steps from the castle and yet with easy access to public transport. The room, while not luxurious was comfortable and clean. The view from it, especially at night is just stunning..
But best of all are the hosts. Judit and Lajos are practically your local guardians. They try to find out what interests you and help you get the best out of your trip. Judit would spend 10-15 minutes afetr every breakfast with us find out our plans for the day and then advising us on all matters of interest. I imagine that if we did not have her quality time we may not have had half a much fun as we did.
This place is a keeper!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lotuseaters
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Myself and my 14 son and stayed at Bellevue In November 2012. The room was clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable. My son enjoyed the BBC channels on the TV.

It is very well located, a short walk from the Danube. Judit and her husband were marvelous hosts. They gave us good advice and were very kind to my young son. I wholeheartedly recommend Bellevue and if I am ever lucky enough to return to Budapest, I will stay there again.

Richard F

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Three Rivers, California
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

I found this b&b through tripadvisor reviews and it was everything expected and more. Prior to arriving Judit emailed directions and options on transport from the train station with great detail that made it so much easier to navigate getting to the b&b.
Once there Judit gave us many recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants which was very helpful, she even called and reserved us a taxi and packed us food for our early morning flight when we departed.
Our room was very large with a balcony and amazing views. We had comfortable beds and no noise from other guests. It was one if the best b&b's we have ever stayed at and the price is very reasonable.
It is located on a hill so be prepared if walking up and down stairs is difficult for you, however there is a bus that stops nearby so that you don't have to use the stairs. We found the stairs going to the danube no problem. The underground metro station is nearby and easy to use.
There is also a grocery store nearby which was convenient and a fabulous local crepe restaurant.
We loved our stay here and will definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012
Van Buren, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We picked this B&B because of the reviews. We were only there for one night, but would have been glad to stay for many more. The owner really helped us to plan our time and gave us information about how to get around and where to eat. The room had a great view, was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was traditional and very good. We plan to go back and spend a week with Judith and her husband! It was a great visit.
Bill and Pam

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony and view.