1,751 results
All reviews great hotel margaret island budapest city recommend this hotel train station business trip public transport min walk excellent location parliament building the river easy access very pleasant stay side street air condition reception staff on foot
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have just returned from a week stay at this hotel. We cannot fault this hotel, we had such a wonderful stay. The room was cleaned thoroughly every day, and left perfect upon our return each day. The shower was lovely ( even though it looked a little dated) and it was always v hot when needed. The internet connection never failed either. You can also use the fridge to store your own bits like water etc. The breakfast was lovely, there were a few random items to choose from however there was something for everyone. The reception staff were always v helpful and spoke English v well. We ordered room service once and it was prompt, v fresh and tasty and quick. The bed was also v v comfortable and I wish I could have brought it home... The hotel itself was v close to public transport, the metro a short walk to your left and the trams 4&6 to your right. The area surrounding the hotel I felt was v safe on a night too. We used pulai lajos for a taxi from the airport. He speaks v good English and is a reasonable price. We found his details from trip advisor too. His e mail address is: pulai31@gmail.com. All in all though a wonderful stay and wonderful hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Another comfortable stay in this hotel, ideal for working, but also very central for visiting sites and touring. Nice and clean and friendly staff. Breakfast there is plenty of choice. There is nice shopping centre where you can eat doing the day cheaply, nice local resturants as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

One of the largest rooms I've had in Europe. Nice location. A quick walk from the River and all the sights along the river banks. I'm a walker so I enjoyed the walk to and from the main railway station otherwise a 15 minute drive. Wifi seemed to be fairly strong. I had room 312 which was on the smoking floor, but didn't smell of smoke at all. It was at the front of the hotel but I wasn't bothered by the street noise at all. Bathroom was nice and clean with great smelling free toiletries. I used the Bar/Restaurant for a snack. Was expensive but the food arrived hot and tasted quite nice.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lift....lifts are noisey
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in November 2013 as part of a group attending a workshop. I must say that everything about it exceeded my expectations by far. Firstly, the reception staff were extremely polite and helpful so I give them 5 stars. My room was very clean and well furnished, right size and quite cozy. The bed was very comfortable thus giving me a chance to rest nicely. My room was facing the street by the Budapest theatre. There was some noise from outside but I guess this is normal when you are staying at the vibrant location in the city.
Secondly, the food was great; the breakfast is diverse where almost everybody could find something at their liking; the lunch was fresh, tasty and served in style. Well done!
Finally, I have adored the location of this hotel; it is situated in a nice part of Budapest from where you can reach any point of interest such as for example 5 minutes walk to the West End shopping centre (also with a subway station), 15 minutes walk to Oktogon square in Andrassy street, etc.
To conclude, I look forward to coming back at this hotel and hope to enjoy its services again. That said, I would definitely recommend it to others who visit Budapest.

Room Tip: As there are rooms with windows facing the hotel atrium, you may wish to ask for a room facing the hotel main entrance. I had one of those and they are ok.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Arben72
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed one night and have to say, the rooms are big, the location is pretty good, service was pleasant BUT:
- wifi really slow
- overall look a bit run down in some areas
- Breakfast buffet: When are hotels going to stop using those disgusting powder juices??? The buffet is big but the fresh fruits and juiced more than average. For a buffet costing more than €12 it is just not acceptable.
I found better hotels for same price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business