“Great hotel”

Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace
Ranked #28 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Zenit, the location was great, close to the river and pedestrian areas filled with restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast staff always made sure they soda goodbye and have a nice day, and the reception staff answered any questions we had and gave us an envelope full of tour brochures when we arrived. The wifi was free and had a great signal.
Breakfast was one of the best spreads we have seen-eggs cooked to order, along with bacon, sausages etc, then a whole variety of cold meats and cheeses, croissants filled with tomato and lettuce and egg, yoghurts, cereals etc.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of the blue and yellow metro lineswould definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
PETER S, Manager at Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear guest,

I am realy grateful for your kind words, I will grate all reception and restaurant staff in your name. They are going to be very happy knowing about the good job done, I am proud that we can offer the good sevice for you, this is a very important goal for us to reach.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Had a last minute change in plans where I had to stay in Budapest for 6 additional days. I did not want to stay that long in the hotel I was in so went to Expedia and noticed decent hotel in a great location for less than $ 90 USD/night (no breakfast). Just for curiosity I looked at their website (Zenit is a chain of hotels, most which are located in Spain) and price was 2-1/2 times the Expedia rate. So I gave it a shot and was pleased. Reception was quite helpful to me when I asked about best bath houses and other attractions as they do not have a concierge.

The rooms were a little sparse...would have been nice if they had an extra chair in the room because if you or your partner are working at the desk the only other place to sit is on the bed.

All in all I was pleased.

Room Tip: Get a room off of the main street.

Dear guest:

Your feedback is really appreciated. Thank you for your comment and your advices. We consider the option of the 2nd chair as a good possibility for the future, I am just afraid that it can reduce the space in the room.

If sometime you come back to Budapest, It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

My best wishes.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel is one of the best we have stayed in! Staff is very friendly and no question is too much. Breakfast is superb: a lot of choice and your eggs are freshly prepared just the way you like it. The hotel is very clean and the design is so zen and very creative. We stayed there for 5 nights and we always discovered new things about it.
It doesn't overlook the Danube, but who cares when stunning views on the river are only about 2 minutes walk!
I would go back to this hotel in an instant. I recommend it to everybody.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor (4th) not on the street side. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
PETER S, Manager at Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for recommend us!

It is a pleasure to know that we were fullfiling your expectations. If you come back, we will give our best to defie them.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I have been there with my boyfriend for three nights in July. The hotel is really great: the location in perfect for visiting the city and you can easily and shortly reach every part of the city centre by foot. It is on the Danube, near Vaci Utca and really close to the metro station of Line 3 (the one that takes you to the bus 200E, the one that goes to the airport). Some really nice restaurants and shops are in the neighborhood. Our room was new, big and full of light, the bathroom had a really big shower and a lot of bath products. It was really clean too, like the other spaces of the hotel. We also tried the room service: it was really fast and the food was excellent. At the end of our holiday the recepsionist gave us a card that guarantees a discount in all the Zenit hotels.
I would totally recommend this hotel I will go back there for sure next time I visit Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear guest,

I realy appreciate your nice words.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

For the next time, you must know that we can help you arriving from the airport. We can arrange a shuttle service to bring you to our hotel, it is quite cheaper than 20 €!!! You can check our website to have more info.

If you decide to come back to the city, it will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Best regards.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay and were especially impressed with how polite and helpful the reception staff were. The hotel is in an excellent location for visiting both Buda and Pest, right next to the river and close to two bridges.

Dear guest:

Thank you very much for your stay and kind comment.

I will congratulate all staff in your name.

Best regards

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed for 5 nights. The room was clean, large enough. It's centrally located and still very quiet. There was absolutely no noise from outside. We could hear the TV from the next room though. They also have very friendly personnel.

Dear guest,

Your feedback is truly apreciated. Thank you for trusting in us to stay in Budapest.

I am realy happy to know that you were satisfied.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at the zenit hotel in budapest from June 21-24. The hotel was in an excellent location close to major attractions and public transit. This hotel provided the best service and we would go back in a heartbeat. From taking responsibility for a mixup in transfer cost to providing detailed and thorough information on budapest attractions and booking attractions. The most impressive being mailing my daughter's doll that she forgot at the hotel back to Canada free of charge! We will definitely stay again at this hotel and would recommend for others as well. We had a family room for our family of 4 that was an excellent price. The room was actually 2 rooms with 2 bathrooms. Loved this hotel and staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest:

My colleagues told me about the forgotten doll, It was a pleasure to try to reach a smile from your daughter once she received it.

Thank you very much for your comment and your stay too.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again, we wait for you in Budapest.

Best regards.