“Amazing hotel for an affordable price”

Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace
Ranked #30 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel for an affordable price”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Just came back from my stay at hotel zenit and i had a wonderful stay! The hotel deserves them four stars!
The hotel is in a really good location i was not expecting it to be that close to the attractions for the price i paid the room. it is very close to the sqaure, xmas market, chain bridge and the metro.
The staff there have a really good customer service, they are all dressed really smart, speak good clear english and are really helpful. They gave us loads of information about attractions around the area and booked two of our trips for us.
The room it self was good had all the essentials you need very clean we didnt have a great view but that doesnt really matter.one little problem we had in the room was that in the night time the heating kept turning up by it self and it use to be really hot in the room and kept waking me up and on the last night the heater in the toilet kept making a werid noise and wouldnt stop at all which was annoying but i still fell asleep as i was so tired!
The breakfast was not included with the price of our hotel but on the last day we ate at the hotel and it cost us 13 pounds a person, i didnt think the breakfast was anything special a little dry and not worth the price, we are breakfast round the coner from the hotel and it was half the price and nicer food!!!
I would recommed this hotel to anyone who wants a hotel in the city centre. its a really good hotel with good staff and a good location :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
PETER S, Manager at Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear guest,

Your feedback is truly appreciated. Thank you very much for choosing us to stay in Budapest.

I am very glad reading your nice words about our hotel and service; and also very happy to know that you enjoyed it.

But I am also concerned due to the discomforts that you mentioned.

I must to say that it is not normal such an uncomfortable temperature in the rooms and the continuous noise from the bathroom. I would really like to look through this case. Due to this reason I would need to have more information, as your name and dates of stay or the room number in case you remember it. The reason of these questions is that I want to check personally the room you have been sleeping to try to detect some possible problem.

Feel free to write me at: managerbudapest@zenithotels.com

I am also worried about a possible confusion about the price of our breakfast. It has a fix cost of € 12 if it is not included in the rate of your room. I am going to monitor the quality of the products of our breakfast with our Food and Beverage Manager. I can stand that we always serve fresh food. In fact in our show cooking kitchen you can order freshly on-spot-made omelettes, eggs, bacon, grilled vegetables, etc; also the bread is daily cooked in our bakery. Everything included in the price of your breakfast. But I can not deny that an unusual situation could be produced and I would really like to avoid it for the future.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to look over our service, your comment is really useful to help us to improve.

If sometime you come back to the city we will be more than happy to welcome you again, I hope you can give other opportunity to our breakfast ;)

Yours faithfully.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

After reading all the reviews, I decided to choose Zenit for my stay in Budapest and it did not disappoint. Kudos to the front desk for making my stay excellent. They are ever so willing to help and give tips on what to see in Budapest. They were always very cheerful. The last night of my stay, I had to deal with a noisy neighbor who blasted his tv. They were not able to contact him as he was asleep and they just changed my room to the only available executive room. The invitation the hotel's anniversary was a pleasant surprise. The hotel"s location is excellent. Breakfast is also good with enough choices. A special mention must be made about Sara. She makes the stay in the hotel even better. She treats her guest like friends. I would definitely stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
PETER S, Manager at Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear guest,

I am very grateful for your stay and comment.

I will congratulate Sara and all the Reception Staff in your name. They are going to be very happy to read your review.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again the next time you come back to Budapest.

Fyti, Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Helpful staff , very central location for the Christmas Market, River cruises and bridges. Splendid choices for breakfast (as others have said, not included in the price) and an interesting looking ham bar-which we tried to visit but prior booking was essential-maybe next time.
Tickets for the Hop On Hop Off bus arranged quickly by excellent staff and for the night cruise dinner, but worth noting that nether can be paid on "plastic" but require cash only.
Immaculately clean and decent sized rooms-and as visiting during, December , beautifully warm. Will certainly book here again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff G
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. I am very happy to know that you are so satisfied with us and that you will repeat again.

We will be more than glad to welcome you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We took 38 from our company to Budapest for our Christmas party and we chose this hotel for its overall proximity to the river, the palace, the Christmas market, shopping and of course the night life. The staff at the hotel were excellent and the rooms were great. The reception area is very welcoming and ideal for a rest after a hard night partying! I will definitely return to Budapest and would be very happy to stay at the Hotel Zenit again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
PETER S, Manager at Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear guest:

I am very grateful reading your comment. Thank you for choosing us and also for the time you spent writing your review.

I am very proud for your words about our staff; I will congratulate them in your name.

Knowing that you would repeat with us is the best award we can receive. We wait for you!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This hotel is really well located for all the major sights. You can pretty much walk everywhere. It's a short block from the river and a 5 minute walk to the main shopping area (and Christmas Markets!). The hotel room was fine - I faced into the inner courtyard which was quiet. Breakfast is not included which is a pity but well worth paying the additional money for - the selection was great.

Room Tip: the inner courtyard is very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest:

Thank you for choosing Zenit Hotels to stay in Budapest.

Your feedback is truly appreciated.

If sometime you come back to Budapest it will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel is well situated for all the main sightseeing attractions. Close to restaurants, shopping and the Danube. Modern, well equipped with attention to detail. Breakfast excellent (don't miss the scrambled egg). Quirky restaurant specialising in a fine selection of hams and cheeses along with other more conventional offerings.
Over all, a very nice experience.

Room Tip: The whole hotel is non smoking, so all rooms will be smoke free.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimandVee
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your stay and for your nice words.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed with us.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again in your next visit to Budapest.

Lake District
Reviewed 1 December 2013

A superb location on a fairly quiet road very close to the centre of Pest. A short walk gets you to the famous Chain Bridge which holds significant historical interest, being the first permanent crossing between Buda and Pest. It also allows one to cross the Danube into Buda in about 15 minutes(on foot).

Less than 5 minutes on foot to the central shopping district of Pest.

The building was originally a bank and the entrance is through glass doors in a large double arch, through which horse and carriage could easily pass.

Inside is a large glass atrium, housing the reception desk and a lounge area.
Off on one side is a conference room, to the other is a bar/coffee bar area.

Beyond the bar is the dining room where buffet style breakfast is offered, with the option of hot food such as sausages, mushrooms and cooked-to-order omelettes. Lunches and one dinner were had here too and the food was great.
A nice atmosphere with a mix of rustic doors, panels and picture frames featuring slightly distressed paintwork to help create the feeling of age, blended with more modern furniture.

Linked to the dining room is the very nice "Divin Porcello" where I ate a couple of times (see separate review)

The staff are superb and speak great English, I did try a little Hungarian, but it's a difficult language. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

Of particular note was the great assistance of Sara, who helped no end with some materials I needed shipping for our conference.

The bedrooms are comfortable and well lit. A safe is provided for valuables and a mini bar is available.
The bathroom had a shower which was great, but a fairly modern sluice/trough style sink/wash basin which I wasn't overly impressed with. No plug!
(A small point and no where near enough to put me off staying again.)

Housekeeping staff were friendly and efficient.

There is free WiFi throughout the hotel.

The purpose of my stay was for a conference/training event.

Here is where I feel the Zenit misses a 5* rating from me.

The internet connection is intermittent. So much so I wouldn't trust video conferencing on my laptop. Sometimes the WiFi signal was great, strong and steady, frequently it dropped out and refused to reconnect for several minutes.

Picking up and sending emails worked if one is patient enough to wait for the WiFi to be working.

At a business customer level, it was frustrating, as a holiday guest, I'd have found it annoying but bearable.

The conference rooms we had were all decorated in a rather dull brown, had no outside views and were difficult to control the temperature (hot and stuffy).
The main room was off the glass atrium/reception. If the doors were shut it was quiet, but with the doors open for fresh air it was very noisy.

We were using the rooms for 3 days and that's a long time without natural light! There is lots of natural light in the reception area, used for coffee breaks, but breaks are a small part of the day.

On the plus side, the provisions during the breaks were great, tea, coffeee juice and very tasty nibbles to "put-you-on" until lunch or dinner.

The other two syndicate rooms were also quite stuffy, but away from the reception area so less noise if the doors were open.

As a conference venue I'd probably look at other options as well as this one.

Overall I was very impressed with the hotel and would most definitely stay here as a tourist if I was in Budapest again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Go for a room overlooking the courtyard.There is a little noise sometimes from the small road outsid...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ralph C
PETER S, Manager at Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you very much for your stay and comment. Your feedback is really appreciated.

It is wonderful to know that you liked us and that you gave us so good score, I am very grateful for your words about our location, the decoration in our restaurant, our beds and about our staff; I will show your comment to both Housekeeping and Reception department, Sara is going to be specially happy with it.

I can not leave apart your impressions about our meeting rooms, I lament that you had such a disappointing experience during the conference you assisted to. Regarding the Wi-Fi, I must to say that sometimes we are detecting some weak points during certain times in the day that make more difficult the connection if a video-conference is needed as example. This is the reason why we are in conversations with our internet providers to help us to improve this issue as soon as possible.

It is true that we have only one meeting room with natural daylight, the one you mention in the lobby; due to we are in a historical building we could not settle the distribution in a better way to have all our conference rooms with the same conditions, I really regret this because I understand how important it is. What it should not happen is to have a problem with the ventilation because we have independent air-condition in the meeting room of the lobby, I am afraid that it would be a misunderstanding with the setting up.

As urgent issues after your review, are going to be my personal tasks driving the following controls:

- Internet connection in the whole building
- Ventilation and airing conditions in the meeting rooms
- Air condition set up standards for conferences

With all, thank you very much for your comment, and also for recommend us.

For your next stay, maybe only for leisure, I hope to show you the improvements in the points you mention in your review.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.