“Best fresh pasta in Budapest”
Review of 2 Spaghi

2 Spaghi
Ranked #103 of 3,346 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Description: 2Spaghi is the first pasta bar in Budapest owned by Italians! You may choose from our fresh-made pastas that you may eat on the spot with the sauces of the day, or you can take it away upon request! We are working with huge enthusiasm day-by-day, using fresh ingredients, durum flour and the best tomatoes and Italian cheese! A tiny but all the more cordial shop in the bustling life of Gozsdu Courtyard, where you can eat the real, fresh , home-made Italian pasta.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you would like to have a real fresh Italian pasta you cannot miss 2Spaghi. Beside the great quality you can have the wonderful experience to meet the wonderful and funny staff. Go on like this guys

1  Thank aagus1970

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It's incredible that we have a little piece of Italy in Budapest. The food is indescribably delicious, and the staff is really nice. The lasagna and the ravioli's here are the best I have ever eaten. To the Italians that miss real Italian food in Budapest: this is the place to go to! 10/10

1  Thank GoooooD-E
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I can not recommend this place enough and I am so sad I discovered it too late to be able to come back for more during my visit to Budapest. Those guys really know their pasta. It was simply an explosion of taste when I tried their ravioli with pesto. I didn't eat so well prepared pasta dish in a long time.

1  Thank ArmadilloBG
Reviewed 4 July 2014

When I checked with my friend for a event, also want to find some place to watch the quarter final of world cup, I suddenly find here as I remarked it long time ago, such a amazing thing! There are many kinds of pasta for you to choose, I chose a standard one, but it is really really fantastic ! Though the quantity is small, but you can try 2 , it is not cheap, but it worth.

1  Thank yueyingxiong
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I've been today in this place with my wife and we got a really bad impression.
We took a Ravioli dish on which we weren't allowed to choose which sauce we want. Moreover, when we asked for extra Parmesan we were simply told NO.
As for the price, maybe comparing to a fine restaurant in Paris it wasn't that expensive, but comparing to Budapest, the price was ridiculously high! We paid 2000ft for 4 Ravioli!! They weren't big, just regular size, 4 Ravioli!! The dish itself was OK but it was far from the best pasta we had in Budapest.

4  Thank Fabian S
2SpaghiKft, Proprietario at 2 Spaghi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Fabian S,

we are very sorry that we didn't meet your expectations in terms of service, we hope to have maybe another possibility in the future to show you that we do our best everyday to satisfy everyone's tastes with our fresh pastas offer.
Regarding your complain, please let us clear some points:

- Parmesan: we usually give extra parmesan if requested, please accept our sincere apologies for what happened.

- Choose of sauce: we are truly and undoubtedly italian :) Our offer consist in different fresh pastas and different fresh sauces, but we wouldn't be caring about You and all our Clients' food experience if we would allow any sauce to go with any pasta, instead of addressing You to the best options. Usually we have strict suggestions especially with Ravioli, which rarely go well with any sauce.
The reason is simple: our original italian traditions in pasta are the most important thing we want to share with people in Budapest, and the main reason why we opened 2 Spaghi; and we can hardly accept compromises on this.

- Portion/Price: every of our dishes (normal pasta, ravioli, special handmade ravioli...) contains 180-200gr of pasta. The ravioli you probably took were 4 because 4 of them weight minimum 180gr.
Those Ravioli are totally handmade and filled with fresh ingredients, everyday of the week.
Unfortunately, in any (real) italian restaurant you will find in Budapest (and anywhere else) one dish like that costs much more than 2.000Ft.
What we are trying to do since our opening is to give everyone the opportunity to taste the real italian fresh pasta with much lower prices than in a proper restaurant, inside a pasta-shop (which is what we are).

Best regards,