“A very pleasant surprise!”

Trofea Grill Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 3,303 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You may eat from our abundant table buffet system and drink delicious wines, champagne, draft beer and brown draft beer, sparkling drinks and juices, mineral water, coffee unlimited.In our show-kitchen we have got 12 different types of marinated raw meats, which are done by our cooks right in front of your eyes on regular or lava stone grill. Special offers during the weekdays for 17:30 until 20:30, on Saturday and Sunday form 11:30 until 20:30 are: beef tenderloin, salmon, red tuna, shrimps. Interested in Hungarian cuisine? But not sure which plate to try? we offer a good selection of typical Hungarian food. During the weekend and on holidays children under the age of 12 may eat and drink for free.We also have a late dinner offer: Monday-Sunday from 21:00, which means 1.000HUF/person discount. Prices:Monday-Friday lunchtime: 3899HUF/person, Monday-Thursday dinnertime: 5.499 HUF/person, Friday dinner, weekends and holidays: 5.999 HUF/person
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We got this leaflet in front of one of the tourist sights in Budapest. I don´t like people plying things when I´m on a holiday. But I´m really glad we decided to try this restaurant. There were a pianist, (not very good though), playing the whole time we were there. It made the athmosphere nice and smooth. The service was excellent. She made us feel we are special, although the restaurant was full of people and she was busy. The food was fresh and delicious. There were plenty of choices to choose from and a great cook who was ready to make me a perfect stake, fish and chicken. And non-alcoholic drinks, wine, beer and champagne included the price which was about 15e/person. I can easily recommend this place. We had a great evening!

trofeagrill, General Manager at Trofea Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest, "HeidiV",

I would like to thank you for reviewing our restaurant. Your feedback is very important for us. It is very important to know about our guests' oppinion so we can keep the smooth running of the restaurant.
I will praise the waitress since we only have one female waiter in the team.
Thank you for mentioning the great selection of food and drinks.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in Trofea Grill Restaurant should your ways bring you to Budapest again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Let me start with the positives....Really good selection of food with all you can drink beer, wine, champagne, etc is almost impossible to find and that too for approx. $25 becomes one of the best deals you could ask for. They should definitely open more branches!
Since I was there till closing (midnight), I noticed a difference in service in the last 30-40 mins. Apart from slowing down service for alcohol that a friend was trying to order, it took them a good 20 mins plus to get me a bottle of water after having to remind them thrice.
While such hiccups leave a bad taste, I had no complaints earlier in the night and therefore let my disappointment reflect in the tip I offered rather than in the review of the place. It might have been an isolated incident but if the management keeps an eye out, it can be avoided and would ensure other travelers like me take home one great experience they can't forget.

1  Thank AsimAli
trofeagrill, General Manager at Trofea Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest, "AsimAli",

Thank you very much for your review.
It is my pleasure to hear that you have had a nice evening here at Trofea Grill Restaurant.
I'd like to thank you very much for your valuable time for informing us about your experience.
I very much appreciate your constructive comment. I will take immediate actions in order to make our guests' experience the most enjoyable from the moment of entering till the moment of leaving the restaurant.

Hope we can welcome you again when in Budapest next time.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Right, let's give you some context. I love food. And I love all you can eat restaurants. I like variety. But I also appreciate quality. And Trofea has a good balance of the two.
It has a great cook to order counter as well as a very substantial array of ready cooked options, cold meats and salads.
Unlike many all you can eats, it also has a brilliant selection of desserts. Brucey bonus! Oh and did I mention all your coke, wine, beer and champagne was all part of the price.
Happy days!

trofeagrill, General Manager at Trofea Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest "Sihiggins",

Thank you very much for your kind review left on our restaurant. I am very happy to learn about we have met your expectations.
Thank you very much also for mentioning the good balance of variety of food and quality of it.
We have more than a hundred kind of different dish, thus we try to suite most of our guests' taste.

We are looking forward to welcome you back, hope in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This has got to be the best deal in Budapest. All you can eat and drink for 5599 Huf or just under 16 UK pds. What surprised us was that it is a real classy restaurant not what we expected. From the moment we arrived until we left the staff were very welcoming and attentive. The food at the buffet was excellent with plenty of choice to suit most. We only visited once but I agree with another reviewer that we could have just went here on the other nights of our trip so good was it. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant. There are another two locations in Budapest I believe which means you should be near one.

1  Thank John181
trofeagrill, General Manager at Trofea Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest, "John181",

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our restaurant.
Special thank you for sharing it with the travelling community and rating it "the best deal in Budapest"!
My team tries their best to make our guest feel like home.
I will praise the chef for the tasty food!
Thank you very much for recommending Trofea Grill Restaurant-Margit krt.

Looking forward to welcoming you should your ways bring you to Budapest again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on October 30th. On arriving we met this female hostess who was very annoying in her questions. She kept on asking is where we heard about the restaurant and if we had gotten a flyer. We did tell her we got a flyer but couldn't remember where it was handed to us. She insisted on repeating herself over and over in a very irritated tone. This was so irritating to us.
Selection of food was not as expected as in the US were are accustomed to huge lavish buffets depending on location. Our drinks were topped up promptly and food was excellent.
Minus that hostess I would have given this place an A

trofeagrill, General Manager at Trofea Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest, "Markphilip1",

First of all i would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your review on our restaurant.
I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused with the many questions. We only try to detect where from our guests find out about us, so to take appropiate actions in the adverstising channels.
I do appologies for your experience.
Thank you very much for rating the food selection excellent, and also for your constructive comment. It is very important to us to get feedback on our activity so we can improve guest experience!

I do hope we can welcome you again and make it a more enjoyable experience!