“Best wedding anniversary dinner possible”

Salon Fine Dining Restaurant
Ranked #445 of 3,550 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$21 - US$78
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Description: Gault Millau Awarded historic Hungarian fine dining restaurant with excellent service and creative exquisite cuisine. Each dish is accompanied by the best Hungarian wines. The liqueurs trolley is definitely worth your attention. Open from Tue to Sat.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Wonderful, wonderful experience.
We chose to eat at Salon Restaurant on our first wedding anniversary.
We were surprised, but also very impressed about the perfect job both the waiters and kitchen staff did to adjust the menu to our wishes and needs (we both don't eat goat cheese and I am pregnant).
The food and the service was just outstanding. One of the best (if not the best) fine dining experiences we have ever had.
And they even made a small surprise for us with a special cake and pianist that played a tune for us, when the dinner was over. That was so nice and well thought.
We will definitely come back next time we will visit Budapest.
Thank you for a great experience and some memories we will never forget. :)

Salon_Cafe_director, Vezető at Salon Fine Dining Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. We are looking forward to see you again in Salon Restaurant!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

In short this was truely one of the best dinig experience me and my wife have ever had! And we have had many in many countries.
We were impresssed by the balance in every dish and the complex segregation of tastes, texture and composition ( both visual and taste)
Every dish was a piece of art. The wine selection followed up In style. The service was impeccable and flowing perfectly with a fantastic balance between professional distance and familiar proximity! Bravo!
Michelin inspectors:,where have you been?? This place definitively deseves minimum one star!
If Boscolo Salon does not get it, we are at a loss as to understand what it takes to get it

Salon_Cafe_director, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at Salon Fine Dining Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The New York Cafe Budapest (of the Boscolo Hotel) was recommended to us for the beauty of its Romantic interior, and as a lovely place for afternoon Tea...which it is. However we never seem to get around to having tea when we travel as we prefer to save room and calories for a lovely evening meal. Instead we made reservations for dinner, but were a bit confused by several different names and choices on the website. So I just book and we arrived. Upon arrival we were asked which restaurant we had booked for and I said I didn't know, but we wanted the nicest one. (Hint: It helped that we were dressed nicely...had we arrived in shorts the question would not have been asked.) As it was a Tuesday evening they weren't too busy so we were welcomed into the Fine Dining Salon Restaurant. What a treat it was! Super elegant, bright and cheery surroundings, and the staff was welcoming, gracious and never stopped smiling. A choice between a la carte and a tasting menus with accompanying wines, we chose the latter. It was all perfect: The service, the presentation, the timing, the TASTE, all were perfection. There were 2 menus to choose from so we each took one. All I can say is GO THERE! Choose this restaurant over ONYX. $290 vs $460 for 2. Better food, better service, better atmosphere, can't be beat. Hands down our most delightful meal in Budapest. Thank you Salon Restaurant!

2  Thank PAMELA M

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was Fine Dining theatre at its best.
My husband and I enjoy eating in the best restaurants - it's our hobby! - and so have a lot to compare with. Our experience here was 'up there' with the best.
We had the taster menu with wines; both were outstanding. The service was impeccable - absolutely faultless - and still friendly. The Maitre D , Stephen, was simply outstanding.
We ate on a Friday evening and there were only 3 other diners, so I was concerned it would lack atmosphere. The service, food and wine were SO good this really didn't matter at all.
I am surprised this doesn't have a Michelin star - it absolutely deserves one.

Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Boscolo Hotel for 2 nights and reserved a table at the Salon Fine Dining restaurant the first night at 7.15pm. I have to say that the Hotel inside and out is one of the most beautiful I have had the pleasure to visit. The staff were top professional and very friendly at the same time and our expectations were high, not because the restaurant is in a five star hotel, but simply because this building deserves the best service and food possible. We were not disappointed. We ordered a 4 course menu with matching wine menu and received 3 “presents” from the chef along the way. Not to mention 3 types of butter and 5-6 different bread sorts, homemade and beautifully presented. I’m not going to go into detail about the food and wine, all I will say is the whole experience was perfect. I loved the synchronized serving of each course, which was almost like watching a ballad dance at times, maybe not everyones cup of tea but it just seemed to work in this setting. The staff where very observant throughout the night, and every need was taken care of without exception, they had time to chat and an uncanny 6th sense of knowing when to be there and when leave us be. The restaurant was, as you would expect, fully booked so I recommend booking a table before you arrive. Some guests were dressed to impress and other took a more relaxed approach which made the night less stiff. Compared to similar restaurants in other big cities around the world the price you pay to enjoy this experience in Salon is worth every forint (Hungarian currency) but of course not cheap compared the general price level in Budapest. In Denmark, if it was possible to eat at such a beautiful place, I would expect to pay 3-4 times the amount. I would go back to this restaurant again and recommend it to anyone staying in Budapest. Thanks and see you again one day.

1  Thank Iancooky
NewYorkNora86, Manager at Salon Fine Dining Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for choosing our Salon restaurant and I truly hope you retourned back home with unforgettable culinary experiences, and also thank you for the excellent comment you've left about our restaurant.
It would be our greatest pleasure to welcoming you again if your plans bring back to Budapest.

The Salon's management