House Beletage
Alex Pension(Budapest)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsb bquiet streetguest housegeneral advicenicely decorated roomsfresh fruit saladbreakfasts were greatquirky hotelon arrivalmulled winesized roomwelcome drinkhome from homesalamienjoyed our staybreakfast roombeautiful city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 8 nights and it was one of the best hotel stays I have had. Don't be put off by the entrance o the flight of stairs once you enter Beletage you will feel their warmth and great service. They speak English and go out of their way to help you with any query or question. The consistency over the 8 days was very impressive always a smile always clean always quiet. When we visit Budapest agin we will definitely stay at House Beletage.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rita Ann B
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed in this property during a weekend visit to Budapest. Although not a chain hotel or well established brand I found House Beletage better than some of the hotel chains that I have been staying at of late.

The lady at reception was so helpful, although she did not speak much english she helped me out finding tourist attractions on google maps which was beyond my expectation. The property is more like a B & B style but they do add the personal touches.

The property is very close to the tram station and the metro as well. I managed to get from the airport to this place without any hassles catching the bus/metro/tram. The instructions given by the hotel staff were straight forward so I found this place quite easily. Getting around to the main attractions such as Parliament House, Chain Bridge, Buda Castle, Vaci street were all easily within reach on the trams or metro.

This place also has free wifi in all rooms and reception. I would highly recommend House Beletage if you want personalised service and cosy accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ewoker
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel makes you feel like you're at home and really looked after. The staff is incredibly kind and friendly.

I went to Budapest as a solo female traveller, and this hotel was a perfect choice. I came "home" in the evening, knowing that I could walk out to the reception area, get myself a mug of tea and snuggle in the bed, browsing on the internet using the free wifi.

The whole place is beautifully and cleverly designed, and real care has been taken to make sure that everything you need is available.

But what made all the difference is the kind staff who were always ready to help you out. So friendly!

Next time I go to Budapest, I'll be with my family and I know exactly where we'll stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Achamma K
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Having been lucky enough to visit Budapest on many previous occasions, we decided to book a small hotel which seemed to deliver great service & it didn't disappoint. Everybody was really friendly and came across as wanting to help you, which is not always the case in many of the larger hotel chains we have stayed at in the city. The breakfast was really good and especially the champagne they serve helped us to get the day off to a flying start. Snacks and a bottle of water in the room were a nice welcome gift. Great location, very clean and good sized room with all you could need in it. The 'one no lift' issues people have mentioned, was no bother at all, if needed they also help you with the luggage. All in all a great stay & will automatically choose this place without hesitation for any future visits.

Room Tip: Room 5 is very quiet and the bathroom is bigger.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FBanki
Reviewed 18 March 2013

What a find ! We always try to choose smaller boutique style hotels on our travels and the Beletage was superb and in a fine quiet location for exploring Budapest.

Our room (no.7) was huge and had every facility, including a kitchenette, and the bathroom was similarly well equipped. Tea and coffee are provided free whenever and the breakfast was fresh and full of choice on each of our 4 day visit.

The staff are knowledgeable and helpful - a real credit to the Hotel. Add to this marvellous value for money and the result is an outstanding small hotel with real character.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple