House Beletage
Ranked #5 of 190 Budapest B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2013

House Beletage appeared well on the booking site, but looks can be deceiving. The room we were given (made reservation many weeks in advance), did not look like the ones shown on the site. It is a combination of hotel and apartments. The courtyard is inaccessible to hotel guests. There is no sign on the front of the building, you have to look on the tenant roster. We needed 3 keys to get to our room, and the front desk (second floor) is entry by knocking only. The food was good, as was the coffee. The service was good as well. The floors squeaked horribly, but the pillows and mattress were nice. It was very far from tourist activities, we left after one night and forfeited our pre pay. Need I say more? Maybe if we had one of the rooms pictured, but not so.

Room Tip: If you want to see Budapest, this is not the place to stay. Too far away.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NilaB
HouseBeletage, Manager at House Beletage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Ms. Hagood,

We are equally disappointed to have received our first poor review, but we appreciate your review, because our guest's satisfaction is our highest priority and we believe that we can always learn from it.

We are very sorry to hear that our service did not match your expectations.

We are not sure if the experience you are writing about was in our property, since we feel some points in your review have to be explained thoroughly:
-All our rooms are equipped with individual controlled AC. It was and will be free of charge (see it in your review on booking.com). Please double-check your invoice.
-House Beletage is a one storey building; most of our rooms and the breakfast are on the first floor. This is nothing unusual even in regular hotels that rooms, breakfast room, reception are on different floors.
- To be unique our rooms have different size and design, we thought that you will like, if we provide you for the standard room price our biggest room with almost 40 square meters.
- House Beletage location in the city center is protected by the city hall so we do our best to preserve this historical monument. Part of this heritage is the renewed wooden floor (parquetry) which we consider much more hygienic than floor carpet.
- To enter House Beletage we provide you two keys, one key card to the street door and to the breakfast room in order to be able to use our free coffee and tea service round-the-clock.and the key to your room.

Our aim is to be the best bed and breakfast in Budapest so try to offer more and better services than a regular B&B usually do.
We hope that our answers at least partly explains the problems you experienced during your stay and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

In case you require further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards
House Beletage

Reviewed 28 June 2013

A mature couple, we stayed here in May 2013. Location is good. A short tram trip took you to the centre.The stop is near the hotel and we used this tram to go to many places.
The hotel is small which makes it very quiet and homely. Our room though was very spacious. It is very clean and comfortable. It is very quiet. Breakfast was excellent. I think the main attraction was the extremely helpful and friendly staff who went out of their way to assist us. We would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eriltan
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed in the Beletage for a full week. The place is quiet, extremely clean, comfortable beds, comfortable sized room, good AC (with your own controls) elegant atmosphere and helpful friendly service. The breakfasts were much more than a continental breakfast (though not the American egg and pancake fair - more cold cuts, breads and jams cereals and hard-boiled eggs and capuccino machine!)
An electronic key made it easy to get in and out of the building. A handy little market is directly across the street and another at the corner with great fresh pastry open until late at night.
The area is extremely central and around the corner from some very hoping evening eateries and a very short walk to the tram or metro (though I walked nearly everywhere.)
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Leslorina
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Great place and very helfull staff. A bit hidden, in a sidestreet with 24h shops close by.
Staff is very helpfull and even waited for us as we were late for the very nice breakfast.
If I go back to Budapest I will surely go there again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flo R
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 8 nights and it was one of the best hotel stays I have had. Don't be put off by the entrance o the flight of stairs once you enter Beletage you will feel their warmth and great service. They speak English and go out of their way to help you with any query or question. The consistency over the 8 days was very impressive always a smile always clean always quiet. When we visit Budapest agin we will definitely stay at House Beletage.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rita Ann B
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed in this property during a weekend visit to Budapest. Although not a chain hotel or well established brand I found House Beletage better than some of the hotel chains that I have been staying at of late.

The lady at reception was so helpful, although she did not speak much english she helped me out finding tourist attractions on google maps which was beyond my expectation. The property is more like a B & B style but they do add the personal touches.

The property is very close to the tram station and the metro as well. I managed to get from the airport to this place without any hassles catching the bus/metro/tram. The instructions given by the hotel staff were straight forward so I found this place quite easily. Getting around to the main attractions such as Parliament House, Chain Bridge, Buda Castle, Vaci street were all easily within reach on the trams or metro.

This place also has free wifi in all rooms and reception. I would highly recommend House Beletage if you want personalised service and cosy accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ewoker
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel makes you feel like you're at home and really looked after. The staff is incredibly kind and friendly.

I went to Budapest as a solo female traveller, and this hotel was a perfect choice. I came "home" in the evening, knowing that I could walk out to the reception area, get myself a mug of tea and snuggle in the bed, browsing on the internet using the free wifi.

The whole place is beautifully and cleverly designed, and real care has been taken to make sure that everything you need is available.

But what made all the difference is the kind staff who were always ready to help you out. So friendly!

Next time I go to Budapest, I'll be with my family and I know exactly where we'll stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo