“Fast, filling and delicious”
Review of Padthai Wokbar

Padthai Wokbar
Ranked #138 of 3,299 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The name of this place tells everything you might want to know: it's thai food and it's a wokbar. Do not expect a fancy thai restaurant, but it's high quality fast food for a very reasonable price. In this category, they are my favorite in Budapest. Although the quality is not the same everytime, usually it's tasty and fresh. The portions are filling, especially the kingprawns (scrolling through the other reviews I wonder how could anybody expect to have 20 kingprawns). The service is usually quick, but it can happen during lunchtime (11.30-13.00) that you have to wait even 15-20 minutes to get you food.

1  Thank Andras M

Reviewed 7 July 2014

While taking my order the woman was absolutely rude, she interrupted me multiple times, then proceeded to yell at me for accidentally giving a hundred forints less (I miss heard what number she said due to her accent). My food was given to me cold, and I had to beg them to warm it up because the lady wouldn't believe me. I won't be going back here!

4  Thank River371
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We were expecting typical Thai food - Spicy green curry & Jasmine rice served separately when we visited the Padthai Wokbar - welcome break from the Burgers $ wraps. However the concept is slightly tweaked as the Curry & Noodles or Rice are mixed with veges & meat.. It's typical Thai Fastfood !!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The food there was made pretty fast, and it was really good. The choices were easy and simple, but it's really good for anyone. You are able to choose how spicy you want it, and they have some good desserts there too !

1  Thank VickiePierce
Reviewed 22 June 2014

we go for dinner after Belgium- Russia Game. The food was like the game. Boring.
we order egg noodle with prawns, on the menu was written prawns 16-20. we were hope to
see 16 to 20 pieces of prawns. but we found only 6 !!!
we ask the cashier lady (its self service place) about and she answer that this is the size, not
the no. we felt cheated.

yoe y, Manager at Padthai Wokbar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Attila,

We are very sorry that You felt cheated in our restaurant.

I would like to point out that the 16/20 mark refers to the size of the prawns not the number we are serving. This number indicates the one pound of prawns includes approximately 16 to 20 pieces. The reason we have it on the menu that we would like to inform our customers that we are serving larger size of prawns than other restaurants usually serving.
By this meaning we can not serve 1 kg of prawns in one dish.

We are very sorry for this misunderstanding and we will modify the menu listing to make it more understandable.

We are looking forward to see you again in our restaurants.

best regards