Gastland Bistro Oktogon
Ranked #1,215 of 3,479 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All You Can Eat from 1190 HUF / person * Hungarian and other international dishes, soups, desserts. Monday- Tuesday: 1190 HUF/ person * Wednesday-Friday: 1390 HUF/ person * Saturday- Sunday: 1590 HUF / person * *The prices include two-hour all you can eat from our selection. Our promotional prices are valid in the case of at least one drink per order. The indicated prices do not include the prices of the drinks. In case of consumption without beverage order 200,- HUF will be charged per person.
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

It's all you can eat buffet which is just about ok. The quality of the food is tolerable.

The service was very good and overall, you get what you pay for!

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I went there with some friends. The price was good and the food compatible with it, but when we went to the cash desk we had to pay for a drink we hadn't had, they rounded the price in euros from ?7.20 to ?8.00 and gave us the wrong change... In the end the restaurant was okay, but I would't recommend it for a friend...

2  Thank Vitor F
Reviewed 15 March 2014

A local recommended this, so we were keen to try it. We went on a busy Saturday lunchtime and had to wait approx 10 min for tables. The value is amazing. Food is all you can eat buffet, with a lot of Hungarian dishes. The labels are only in Hungarian, so I didn't know what I was eating a lot of the time. But the curiosity paid off and it was a very filling and tasty meal. Having said that, a lot of food was easily identifyable (e.g. vegetables, pizza slices, salads) so would also be fine if you're less adventurous about trying things.

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant tonight with my family. We were here already two times so I did know the food is variete of the most popular traditional hungarian food, so I really did enjoy that on this time as well, just like before. Very good value for this price and a lot of choices. If you are not sure you gonna like the hungarian food, you can choose of some pizza or pasta in italian way or grills.. The desserts are not my favourites not that good quality than the mains. (By the way the mains are very rich in meats and full flavoured specially for the persons who don't really like the light tastes..) so all of the puddings taste taste same just in different colours ...

About the service- everyone looks like boring nobody enjoy the job it was my first impress.. like just work for get some money.. the lady with eyeglasses who showed us our table was the laziest person in the whole restaurant. I mean I didn't expect high quality service because of this money you can't have, but they are specially bored and serious persons. I saw our waiter(middle age sbort hair without eyeglasses and looked very stressful because no one else did nothing)did running all the time but the other persons only chatting front of the computer (or just almost !!SLEEPING!! in the small area where you normally need to welcome and show your guests the table)...and do nothing. I mean if you really boring you can do something to your guests but we needed to wait around 10minutes everytime to order our next drinks.. I saw a few persons and couples who needed to find for themselfes the tables because nobody welcomed them. I just felt very unwelcomed in this place... bad experience by the staff because the food is good. (and the chefs are friendly too.)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

As others have noted, there is buffet with a large selection of Hungarian foods. Variety is very good but the quality seemed average at best and the service, well there is no service or translations ...though they remind you that a service charge is not included in the bill (i.e., please leave one). I would not return but it was an interesting experience for a one-off -especially if you are hungry or on a budget.