“Staying at Apartmant Corso”
Review of Corso Apartment

Corso Apartment
Ranked #268 of 666 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This apartment is situated in very centre of Budapest so that we could make short and long trip around the heart of this amazing capital easily. There is nearby public transport (the tube and bus stations) the studio is well equipped, the landlady is a charming person, we spent there great time.
I would recommend you for staying there few days or more.
I.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Corso Apartment

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived to Budapest to see some friends who live there and explore new city. When you come outside of apartment you don't know you are in correct place as there is no sign. I had their number saved so I called and told the owner where we are and she confirmed and came to meet us. When we arrived into apartment I think everyone could see my dissapointment in my face. Apartment is very wore down(apart from bathroom which looks recently done up),there are exposed live and dead cables by the door,so be careful not to get electric shock! Bed is broken so it feels like you sleep in a whole,we managed to fix it a bit but I never slept so bad!!!!sofas shown in a pictures do not exist!they replace them with old komunist seats covered in red blankets which itch when you sit on them. TV in the apartment is probably from 1995 so funny and small. I always giggled when I seen it.I think it's hard to find this kind now :-D :-D but apartment made up with location,location was absolutely brilliant!!!I could live with all that faults but when I seen dirty towels and bed sheets my partner was on a phone complaining. Lady kindly changed it but she gave us face towel each(my partner is 6 foot 6) so our friends luckily brought us some towels to use. It's a shame because this apartment could be a gem. It's a good place to stay if you don't want to spend time in your apartment too much like us. :-( shame. But Budapest was beautiful :-D

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Corso Apartment is well situated in central Budapest at Elisabeth Square, one block from Vörösmarty Square. It was very quiet.

We had a studio that was spacious and the standard was ok.
However, the fridge (no freezer) was minimal in size.
A minor investment of glasses, plates et cetera should be in place to get higher points from me.
No air-conditioning! It may get up to 40 degrees Celcius (100+ F) in summertime....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Myself & my partner decided to visit Budapest for the first time June 2013. I have to say i fell in love with the city. I chose corso apartment based on the price & location. We were dropped off outside the apartment by the taxi & were confused as the door to the building mentions tax office & looked like a business premises. I only wish someone had noted this in a previous review as I was really worried we had come to the wrong place & the door was not open. We were in the right place however we had arrived earlier than arranged with the apartment owner. We walked around & asked locally if anyone had heard of the apartments & if we were in the right place. No one had heard of the apartments & we started to panic. I stood outside the door with the bags whilst my boyfriend continued to ask around. Luckily after 45 mins had passed a lady came out of the premises I asked if she knew where the apartments were & she said she was the lady we had arranged to meet. Such a relief we were in the right place. I had in mind that corso apartment was like an apart-hotel but realistically you go through a corridor with offices above. To the back there are apartments which people live in & my understanding is the lady owns a couple of these apartments & rents them out. There is no reception etc. The apartment was clean, we had a double bed, kitchen & mini fridge. The bathroom had a bath but had mold so we used the shower head. For the price we were happy & the location was brilliant. You are given a code to get into the main building door after that you are left alone so be sure to write it down as you won't be able to get in otherwise. Outside the block was a big wheel a bit like the London Eye which was very pretty at night. The metro wasn't too difficult to work out & is 3 min walk which was perfect. There are lots of shops round the corner I popped into H&M. There's a spar where we picked up some drinks & nibbles for the room. We stayed 3 nights. FYI the card when booked through Expedia was just held as a holding charge. We didn't realise we had to pay in cash on arrival, there is an added city tax but was only about an extra 10 quid. So be prepared as we had to dip into our spending money to pay & get money from the cashpoint. We had to buy toilet roll & you need to take your own bath towels. Overall a nice place to stay, basic but a great location.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I booked this apartment through agoda, an apartment that could allocate up to three people, although only two people were going to stay there. You get there and it is just a normal block of apartments, it doesn't say anything about corso apartments. In the end I realised that there was a contact number in the booking so I called them. A woman answered and said she would be there in a few minutes. When she arrived the first thing she asked was how many people were going to stay there, I said two people. She then told me that my booking was for 1 person (apparently I booked for 1 but in the paper it said that the apartment had occupancy for 1-3 people. Later I also saw that the price difference between single and double occupancy is only 3 euros) , that the apartment can allocate only one person so we had to take another apartment, that the prices now were higher than when i booked and that I had to pay an extra 28 euros per night! (I had already paid 38 euros per night to agoda). I complained but she just kept firm on wanting more money (although later she left it in 20 euros extra per night).
Although I thought it was a rip off and she was clearly taking advantage of my situation I agreed to pay more thinking that the apartment might be nice and worth the extra money. We went to the apartment (her brother came with the keys). When I saw the place, an old and run down apartment I complained again, then her brother started shouting at me! saying that Budapest was like Paris, that we were in the centre and other things I didn't understand in Hungarian. In distress after the yelling and not wanting any more trouble I agreed to pay the extra. Later I saw the bad status of the place, it is just a back packers place. The sheets were old an had holes, the bed cover full of stains, there is no cooker (just a microwave covering partially the hole where it used to be) and the water boiler for the shower has capacity for 1 person, the second one has to shower with cold water.
I didn't get to see the owner till checkout when I again complained about the status of the apartment. He then said that it was a bargain to sleep in the centre for 9 euros. And I have to agree, for 9 euros and in the centre any accommodation is good, but not for 58 euros per night! I asked him to write a paper stating the extra money he took and he refused! only after threatening him with not giving him the keys back he agreed (although he did not sign it).

The place had many beds (two double and two single if I remember well), they are all crammed in a small space (not even doors, just the entrance door and the one for the bathroom) so in principle you could allocate many people for the 58 euros they charge per night, in that case they would be paying around 9 euros (I guess that is where he got the number). But do not be misleaded, this is a backplackers place for a group of people who want to stay central and don't mind the status of the place.

They seem to have a few properties, I have no idea about the state of the others, I can only tell from the one I had and the treatment I received. If something similar happens to you (you don't get what you booked and they want more money) there is a number to call agoda 24/7, I called them after checking in but they said I should have called before...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Luisa S
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is a great stay for the price and Almasi who runs it looked after us with any questions we had!
Great location for anyone doing the tourist side of things and pub crawls, restaurants etc also all close by

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Me and my partner were extremely happy to have found this beautiful apartment when we went back to Budapest to visit some family. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to discover this beautiful city! This area of town will show u how vibrant and special the atmosphere is in this wonderful country! Owner is great, area is lovely, safe, quiet and close to everything. Don't miss out on this one! Love from Christopher & Fanni, and many thanks!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Fanni Dorottya S
urbanresort, Owner at Corso Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear Fanny! Thank you for your nice point of view!
See you next time!Ildikó