“Really fabulous. Small and intimate.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kispiac Bisztro
Ranked #64 of 3,048 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Sydney
“Really fabulous. Small and intimate.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We had 2 meals at Kispiac while in Budapest and both were genuinely fabulous. It punches significantly above its weight with food and wine of a quality that you'd expect to get at an expensive restaurant but at a very reasonable price.

The service was exceptionally helpful and all 3 wines recommended were excellent.

I'm a vegetarian and while the options were very limited the staff were helpful and happy to check with the kitchen about what was in every dish.

My boyfriend is an enthusiastic meat eater and says both meals were the best he has ever eaten.

It's sounds gushing but we really couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Jesi, Italy
“Simply delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I went there 2 weeks ago and I have to say that I'm still remembering the roasted duck! It was just perfectly cooked. As starter I opted for the Goulash soup equally delicious. Everything was accompained by a glass of red house wine. Perfect... after a stressful day it's what you need. Place is very clean and great service in a quite atmosphere.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Cristiano M
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

After using tripadvisor all over the world I decided to try it in my city. I booked a table for 8 for my brother bday family lunch. The restaurant located next to a small market and have a feeling like no other I have visited in Bp. The food was very good but mostly very heavy not for people in diet :)
Service was very good and friendly. You can feel its a family business.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chatham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great intimate family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant on our stay in Budapest. We decided on visiting after seeing all the good reviews and the lovely photos on Facebook of all the meat.
Let me say we're not disappointed one bit. We didn't book until the day and we didn't have any problems but I would recommend booking as the bistro only has about 8 tables and is very small. When we arrived there were only two free tables but by the time we finished there were none and a couple were waiting to be seated.
The service was brilliant, all the staff accommodated speaking to us in English and explained the goose menu that was not in English on the board. There isn't a big menu which is great and it's all freshly cooked per order. I went for the goose leg with mash potato and my husband went for half a chicken with mash.
While we waiting we could smell it being cooked and we didn't have to wait long. It arrived and was nicely presented, the skin on both the goose and chicken was beautiful, seasoned to perfection and so crispy. I didn't think it would fill me up but the amount of meat was amazing, we were stuffed with no room for pudding.
In all this meal cost £22 English pounds which was two glasses of prosecco and two mains with a plate of pickles and a coffee to finish, the quality was excellent. Such a lovely little bistro with a great atmosphere. We would highly recommend this little gem!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Winter food tasting menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Had an amazing family lunch there...tried almost all from the famous Goose days menu...specially in Hungary during November you can find delicious tasty food...
This little bistro is excellent....booking in advance is highly recommended.
Soups, pathees and super chicken or duck dishes....with aromatic cabbage or potato purée....
Service is well trained and extremely kind.....thank you so much!