“Mediocre food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
“Mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Went here for lunch and the service was poor. The waitress did not speak very good english and then forgot to bring my main dish for nearly 20 minutes. We showed up before a group of four and ended up leaving much later than them due to having to wait. The quality of the food was not worth the experience we had.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tyler H

Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid! The food is basic and they take your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

After getting mediocre food, and having them charge me as much as they could on the bill and "shortchange" me (I am sure many tourists have fallen trap to this dishonestly, and I am skeptical now that I didnt closely check receipts and change at other restaurants), I would NEVER go there again.
I ordered an Apfelsaftspritz, which they decided to charge me as a bottle of water AND a bottle of apple juice on the bill. I also ordered a chicken salad, which (although priced as much as hearty caesar salads in every other restaurant), came with nothing but salad and a small bit of chicken, so I asked for some cheese and they gave me a small spoon full, which then then charged as 2 times "extras" on the bill. On top of all these costs they also added service charge, which was not written anywhere on the menu, but I do understand this is typical in most hungarian restuarants.
As I was short of cash and needed to be on my way to the airport, I checked the change when I got my money back...it was short. I asked the lady to come over and twice she denied it, then finally I pointed out the maths and she grungingly gave me my extra change. Although a small amount when converted to euro, for the average hungarian that can buy basics from the supermarket, and when multiplied by every patron at the restaurant they are making a lot more (in addition to service charge and extra tips) every day.
The food was below average (skimming costs by putting in half the ingredients they should, my fish soup was a broth with a small piece of fish, not even comparable to the great fish soups I had eaten elsewhere in the last week). I recommend to avoid this restaurant at all costs. Dishonestly does not go down well in my books.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great place! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

We absolutely adored this place. It was beautiful and quite in a back corner of two streets just of the crowded main street. We sat outside and had one of the best meals yet on our last night in Budapest. This place is definitely not vegetarian friendly! Buuutttt it was so good. I highly recommend the goulash, the beef ratatouille, or my personal favorite the carp fish pasta. I was so impressed! The house wine tasted a bit cheap but it was very inexpensive.

The menu was appropriately priced and I also heard that sometimes they have live music.

It was definitely a good find because we almost passed it by.

1 Thank Ivebeenfoundout
“Cute local place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I went here our last night in Budapest looking for something low key and local for dinner. Curia Bisztro was perfect! The place is very large and the staff very friendly. They made sure to tell us they served Hungarian food when we sat down, and not the normal tourist menu. The server was also very helpful in explaining the dishes and making recommendations. My husband had the crispy goose leg and I had beef stew with gnocchi and sheep cheese- both were excellent! We had the house red wine which was fine and palinkas to end- overall a fun and delicious meal!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sha783
London, England
“Nice place, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

We ate here twice and enjoyed good meals at reasonable prices. The staff were efficient and professional, the drinks were reasonably priced, wine was very drinkable. We chose Hungarian dishes from the varied menu and enjoyed them all.

Visited May 2013