“Avoid!!!! Expensive and bad food”
Review of Barrio Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Barrio Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend were passing by when we found this restaurant. As we had only credit cards, we ate there to avoid taking cash from ATM machines and getting a bad currency rate. After we ate, they told they did not accept credit cards, only euros (with a really bad currency rate) and cash. We had to walk a lot to get money and then pay.
It is a pretty restaurant, but not worthen the money AT ALL.
Food was not that good either. We paid 47 euros (about 40 000 Fr) for two dishes and two beers!!! And they had a 12% rate for service, which was terrible. The food was cold, and I ordered duck leg (as written in english in the menu) when they brought me duck chest. It was not well cooked, really hard, and it was cold.
Plus, the waitress dressed way too inappropriate. I myself dress short skirts sometimes, but it was almost snowing outside and they were wearing these really really short skirts. I could see their buts. It was disgusting, it was like they wanted to get more tips then the "little" amount of 12% that they already make!!!! Plus, they were screaming with each other everytime in the middle of the restaurant while the clients tried to eat. It was very unpleasant.
It was extremely expensive and not good at all. Please, avoid it!!!!

1  Thank Dani77elle
There are newer reviews for Barrio Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 18 December 2013

He got us at the beginning by offering a Hungarian spirit each - to keep us warm. Having had these served 'on the house' elsewhere in Budapest, my husband eagerly accepted - only to find out that it was by far the most expensive item on the menu (this local shot more expensive than a cosmopolitan?) and it was not complimentary. Food was lovely but the waiter left a bad taste a few times. Whilst finalising order for another customer, he answered his loudly ringing mobile phone and proceeded to take the call outside with a cigarette - leaving her waiting. There was a 12% service charge, which was fine as it was on each page of the menu, but they warned that 'garnishes may attract an additional charge' - whatever that means. Upon payment we were told that the Eftpos facilities were down today but would be fixed 'tomorrow'. We had to walk some distance to nearest ATM. Disappointing as this was a good location and a neat, tidy restaurant.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Very tasty food, pleasant location, good prices and perfect service! I wasn´t even able to eat the whole portion! :)

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Especialy the catfish wooow.. and good wines with 2 dollars. Very nice service and a good wine offer.. hust 11 euro for a good bottle redwine ;)

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was hunting for a less crowded yet appealing restaurant in the vicinity of the Basilica. I was browsing through the menu when the waitress approached me and offered to customize a Hungarian chicken scone into a vegetarian one. I wasn't disappointed with the food when it arrived and the waitress was all along attentive of my needs. I visited many restaurants in Budapest on my trip and most treated me with the least priority as I was travelling solo. This one though gave me utmost attention and for that I'm very thankful.

The location is also very good, a bit far from the tourist attraction and yet in the vicinity. You can enjoy a bit of sun and good Hungarian beer as well.