“You make me feel like in my house”

Base Budapest Hostel and Backpackers
Base Budapest Hostel and Backpackers
Ranked #265 of 666 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hellow guys. I've been on 22 march in Budapesta. For first time in the base hotel. Thank you for having me made ​​me feel at home. I was first in Budapest and I was recommended another hotel but I inadvertently reached you, Base Hostel and sincerely i wish to thank for your friendly . I want to thank you for everything. I also want to thank and Attila for his kindly. I will recommend the Base Hostel to my recruitment company in the future, to send new recruits for accommodation and guidance to you. Also in the morning of 24, it was a young lady very cute and kind, a smiling lady and very nice with Attila who showed us beautiful places to visit in Budapest. But their way of being impressed me very nice, I did not expect. Sincerely. I don't her name but I thanks to her also. Because of them I will return to Base Hotel. And verrrrryyy clean

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Base Budapest Hostel and Backpackers

Reviewed 29 March 2014

It is very nice and very spacious place.Rooms are very clean and they have a lot of bathrooms.We stayed in double room with a big comfy bed.There was a guy on the reception i think his name Attila.He was so friendly and helped us in many ways.Thanks to the Base hostel for a good stay in Budapest

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

In the city center, 5 mins walk to the metro station. The hostel is newly decorated , almost everything is new, stuffs are kind and helpful. It has a large kitchen and dinning room, you can cook some food as you want . even through the toilet is quite small. Compared to the price , it's a quite convenient place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I Had a great experience here!Hostel is located on the 1st floor of a building situated 300 m from Vaci utca,in the very centre of Hungary's capital.Rooms are spacious,clean and recently completly refubrished.Young people who work here,most notably mr.Attila,will always be ready to help you.Can't wait to stay here again...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hostel is extremely centrally located and is in a great neighborhood for walking - we didn't use public transportation our whole stay in Budapest, except to and from the airport. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Hostel was clean, spacious, and we benefitted from a 6 person room to ourselves for 3 nights because the place was not at all crowded. Surprisingly quiet, for a hostel. At 5 euros a night, it's a steal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thecelticllama
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Very basic accommodation located a 2 min walk from the centre of Budapest. Right by the metro station though I found it quite difficult to find as it is not very well signposted & the directions on the site are confusing. The winning part if this hostel is definitely the staff. The staff members that I encountered were absolutely lovely & always willing to help. I stayed in a 10 bed dorm which was quite roomy, though only has a few power points with very squeaky beds. Bedding was provided though which is ideal. The bathrooms however were not very well kept, with some of the toilets not having any toilet paper and the two showers in my room were clogged with hair for the 2 nights I was there. The hostel also has no security whatsoever, none of the rooms have locks, with some guests walking into other rooms at there own will. I found this to be a bit unsettling, though you can purchase a locker for €5. The common areas were kept clean and wifi was available here. Noise carried very easily through the entire hostel also, with some guests talking in the common areas until well into the night.
For only £5 a night it does the job for those travelling on a budget but I would probably not stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Victoria9292
Reviewed 1 October 2013

If you are on a low budget go to the Base Hostel. It's ok. I booked a bed in a 6 bed room. I had access to the wifi and the computer as well. That's all I needed actually :D Bathrooms and other rooms don't look so good but the stuff are really welcoming:)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends