“Feels like Sissi&Franz”

Baltazar Budapest - Boutique Hotel
Ranked #8 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Excellent staff giving excellent service from first moment we entered the hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff.
I loved the style of the hotel. The hotel and room was unique furnished, perfect clean and comfortable. Towels were extra soft, high quality. The holder of the sink made from stone and was preheated. Little extras that were provided made a big difference.Good cuisine. Only unused thing was that the breakfast was from A 'la carte but delicious. I prefer to choose from a good sized high quality of selection in the early morning.
I loved everything about the Hotel.Excellent location. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda F

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed there for three nights in the large double room. Location is perfect. Staff where amazingly friendly and so, so helpful.
Website photos as amazing as they may seem make injustice the the fantastically warm decor of this great hotel.
It's a relatively new hotel so of course everything was clean and well looked after.
We had dinner in the hotels restaurant and really enjoyed a real good meal at very reasonable price.
Also don't miss the other restaurants in the castle district that belong to the same family chain.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neil M
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked with Baltazar for Christmas 2013 and found them to be the fastest to respond to my inquires and the most helpful about getting me set up. I really can't overstate how great the staff were as they not only helped me book a room on short notice, but helped with virtually anything else I could reasonably ask for (and sometimes unreasonably). The room that I stayed in was easily the nicest one that I've stayed in for a long time (including many 5 star hotels). If I'd been able to lure a girl back to my place I'm sure she would have swooned at the mere sight of my room :) The location itself is either the best or worst thing about the hotel, depending on what you like. It's right on the edge of the castle district, making it one of the most beautiful walks in the city. BUT, the castle district itself is a long ways from the Pest downtown where a lot of people will want to do some shopping, clubbing and partying (or seeing the Christmas market, in my case). So if you want to be immersed in history, this is the place. But if you're looking for a place near the bars where you could easily get in and out, you might want to look for something on the Pest side (no points deducted for location because your hotel can only be in one place at a time, and it's really your decision if you want the best of Buda or the best of Pest).

Room Tip: Each room is uniquely decorated, so ask if you can have a look at a few and see which one speaks to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank John J
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed in Baltazar for 4 nights in January and I was so impressed by both the level of service and the value for money. The rooms and bathrooms are newly refurbished and stylish, with nice views over the small streets/squares of the Castle District. I'm originally from Budapest so would have probably preferred to be downtown, but I think the Castle District is a fantastic location for tourists as it offers the best views over the city and has a unique atmosphere.
The hotel is attached to a new brasserie and we ate both breakfast and dinner in the hotel. Food was very good and also reasonably priced.
Finally, I would call out service - from the time of booking to check out - as exceptional. It's a small team which means that there is a lot of attention paid to guests. I am so impressed and will definitely recommend Baltazar to friends who are visiting the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I (from U.S.) took a trip to Budapest, Prague, Cesky Krumlov, and Vienna. This was our last stop and our favorite place we stayed. The room was so stylish and comfortable! The bathroom was huge, great bathtub AND shower (was finding elsewhere that either the bathtub was good or the shower, but rarely both).

But what really made the Baltazar exceptional was the staff. We actually got a great deal because of the time of year that we were visiting (very low season) And even though we weren't the highest paying customers, we were taken care of as if we were. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. We even had forgotten to pick up some local beer to bring home to our friends and came back to the room on our last night to find beer hanging on our door!!!

I will definitely stay at the Baltazar again. Great proximity to the sites in Buda and easy access via public transit to Pest.

Thanks for an incredible last couple of nights in Budapest!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Loved this place - stylish, friendly, fabulous part of Budapest and easy to get around all areas without using transport and official taxi from the airport was extremely easy and approx £20.00.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: They have 2 suites sleeping 4 available at just over double the price of a normal double - they look...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Violin2013
Reviewed 11 January 2014

It took us a really long time to find this place - boutique cool hotels are few and far in Budapest.

The staff at the hotel were excellent and beforehand had also been very helpful. the room was nice and modern and the bathroom was nice and new. The only downfall was the cleaning of the bathroom, attention to detail would make this a 5/5 hotel - one night we came home to find dirty footprints in the bath tub?

The staff were very reactive and always wanted to help, I would highly recommend staying here

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple