“Comfortable and great location!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
mollyweeb...
Portland, Oregon
“Comfortable and great location!”
Reviewed 22 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Peter was wonderful and very helpful with guiding us toward some excellent places to visit. The apartment was perfect and centrally located - easy to get to everywhere we wanted to go! Would definitely stay again. Thanks, Peter!

SleepingB...
Seoul
“If you want to stay in the apartment during the summer, you'd better think twice.”
Reviewed 29 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

First of all, I couldn't agree more with other reviewers' opinions- helpful owner, excellent location to explore the city, beautiful decor, etc. FYI, I stayed in this apartment for one month and a half from 1st of July to 15th of August 2015. The reason for a long stay is I worked in Budapest.
This is a good apartment; however, from the first-hand experience I want to point out two major drawbacks on the perspective of the practicality of the amenities and one setback.
The first drawback is there is no real bed. There is a mattress in the bed stall above the closet- when it is cold outside, it is cozy enough because hot air goes up with cold going down. But I stayed there this summer, so to me it is just a decor; I slept there only five or six nights. Instead, there is a couch bed near the one and only fan. I sat lying down there all around the clock with there being no desk for my work. One day the wooden boards under the couch was broken; I paid 3,000 HUF ($11) for the reimbursement. FYI, I'm not obese. Why do I have to write about my weight? Ha ha! Due to the fact that there's no fan in the bed stall, I had no choice but to sleep on the floor for two nights before the boards were ready again. In addition, there's no TV; a stereo is a decor, not working.
The second is the apartment should be equipped with the air conditioner; I suffered from the hot weather (1st to 7th, 14th to 25th of July, and 3rd to 15th of August). Before check-in, the owner told me it's warm in Budapest in July and August, adding there's a fan and no issue about the hot weather and reassuring me. Had I gone there after staying in a cold country, I would've been happy to find sun. But I'd been in Vietnam before staying there. So I felt as if I stayed in a non-air-conditioned building in a desert because it usually was from 20 degree Centigrade to above 30 (86 degree Fahrenheit) during the hot thirty-one days. Sometimes the temperature hit 37 degrees, going down below 25 at 3 AM. The thing is the windows of the apartment face the west with no air conditioner and only one fan, so in the afternoon and with the temperature above 30 degrees, I couldn't help closing all windows to keep sunlights coming in. It could turn into a sauna.
Last but not least, almost every night I wanted to feel cool opening the windows, I heard undesirable sounds for a sound sleep- ambulance siren and police car's, and drunken people's making the scene out of the front entrance of the building along Rakoczi utca (street). Even some backpackers in another apartment made the noise in the corridor all around the floors past 11 PM on 7th of August. FYI, there is a 24-hour bar in the next building, so this area is the magnet for partying people all around the clock. Therefore, sleep quality was poor especially when it was hot. That is double trouble- I couldn't open the windows in the daytime because of the hot temperature, nor could I do at night because of the noise; when I needed to sleep feeling cool, I opened them wide but I had to use ear-plugs. (Ear-plugs wasn't able to help me a lot when there's a siren.)
All in all, I had a good stay when it was cool during the fifteen days; however, during the thirty-one days it was hot in Budapest, sleep and living quality was so poor that I gave it a three-star rating. Therefore, before booking, you'd better scrutinize the weather forecast on Budapest.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Belén C
“You will feel a real Hungarian”
Reviewed 11 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Peter is very friendly and offered us his help if we needed it. The location was great, close to everything important and the apartment is very well inside.
If I return to Budapest (I hope so) I would like to stay in this House.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and thecinterior design
Travelling group: Con mi pareja
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
janmck201...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Everything you need in a great spot”
Reviewed 8 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed every minute. Budapest is a great city and this apartment was a perfect place from which to explore all it had to offer!
Peter was there to greet us and to offer some local knowledge - he also arranged for a taxi to pick us up on our unsocial 4am departure.
The apartment itself is in a block between the shops on one of the main roads and some restaurants on a quieter road opposite the synagogue There are a few holiday rentals but you are mainly with permanent residents, which we liked.
Inside is fairly basic but clean with modern decor. The kitchen has a fridge (complete with welcome bottle of wine), kettle, microwave and toaster. There is a hob but no oven. This was not a problem as we ate out at the reasonably priced restaurants nearby.
The main living room is also the bedroom. This is a mezzanine bed with clever storage space underneath the stairs leading to it. There is a radio but no TV, which was fine for us, as we were out most of the time anyway. The apartment also has some great old shutters at all the windows ( which I loved!)
The best thing about the apartment, however, is its location - right in the heart of the Jewish Quarter. There is such a lot going on there, including the best ruin bars and from here you can easily get to everywhere you would want to visit.
It is also worth mentioning the price - it was a really reasonable rate - meaning more to spend in the ruin bars and restaurants!
We would definately recommend it.

Liked best: The location
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Joanna T
“Really great hospitality and excellent location”
Reviewed 1 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Very helpful, Peter met us upon arrival, and booked us a taxi to the airport which made life a lot easier at such an early hour. The apartment is well kitted out. Two of us stayed very comfortably. We really appreciated Peter meeting us and offering advise on Budapest and what we should expect. We've had such a great stay and are already planning our next trip back.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Mrs. Mart...
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 6 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Excellent location. Very modern. Suitable for younger people.The apartment is on the second floor and there is no lift.

Angela H
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Charming studio apartment in a vibrant location”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

This studio apartment is perfect for exploring the real Budapest. The building is older but well looked after, so it's full of character and charm. The apartment itself is very modern in decor. It's a real gem of a place, hidden away in the vibrant Jewish quarter, where all the best bars and restaurants are (they're where the locals go, not the tourists!).
Despite the busy location it was perfectly quiet - we hardly saw or heard anyone in the apartment building the whole week.
It's cosy and comfortable and the perfect base to explore Budapest. It's extremely convenient for the city centre (10 minute walk) and has excellent transport links on it's doorstep.
The kitchen is well equipped, but we ate out every day because of all the great, inexpensive restaurants right outside the apartment building. There are plenty of supermarkets and convenience stores nearby if you prefer to make use of the kitchen though.
Peter was a fantastic host - he couldn't meet us on arrival but he left step-by-step instructions on how to get in. He made the effort to pay us a visit a couple of days later and he was really friendly and helpful, and we made use of his local knowledge.
The wi-fi in the apartment was perfect. There's no TV - this didn't bother us because we spent most of our time exploring the area.
The apartment is on the second floor and the only access is by using the stairs. Also, the bed is on a mezzanine in the living area, so more stairs. This would only be an issue if you had some mobility difficulties though.
We'd definitely recommend staying here. We're tempted to go back again ourselves!

Your age range 25-34
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing