Oriental Hotel
Hotel Zuglo(Budapest)
  • Breakfast included
Danubius Hotel Helia(Budapest)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2009

a large group of 15 family and friends stopped at this hotel, we loved the food , it was great that it was cooked to order, the staff were very friendly and the rooms were good, lovely hot showers and warm rooms, had very good links to the centre and nothing was to much trouble for the staff, we will be returning with a larger group this year as a lot of our friends stopped at the ibis and said the service was terrible, money doesnt buy everything .

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2008

I stayed five nights in Hotel Oriental in March 2008 with my wife. The room was a basic level room. For TV we didn´t find any remote control. Temperature was OK ( it was some + 10 C degrees outside). I asked for sauna as we arrived, but t was told to be "out of order". No problem, it would have cost 7 €/person/hour. Personal was very helpful and friendly people. Breakfast was Ok, but we normally took only coffee with bread and jam, since all the sallads, sausages etc were so "exotic/ national" for our taste. Also we didn´t find any mysli, youghurt, fresh vegetables, fruits etc. what you normally can expect. But pizzas in the same restaurant in the evening were cheap and tasty. The location is in suburbs, but if you only use the hotel for sleeping, this is a cheap choice. Bus connection to e.g. Schechnyi bats goes directly next to the hotel. To Metro M3 station Forgach you have to walk some 500 meters.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 January 2008

This hotel was awful and cheap. Apart from being located in a very weird-looking area of Budapest, it was cold... I practically froze under my blanket (it was the end of December and there were approx. 10 degrees Celsius in the room). The only good thing about this hotel: the food was great.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OliviaPetraComan
Reviewed 4 August 2006

Hotel was OK, rooms were quite tidy but no A/C was a big problem when you have +36 degrees outside. Breakfast wasnt, at least to my scandinavian taste, so good but at least there was one. Hotel staff was VERY polite and helpfull! The neighbourhood wasnt too bad to my opinion. I was there 5 days with my girlfriend and at least we didnt have any problems. I didnt see that anyone else had them either. Of course the location isnt the best one ( takes approx 15 minutes to city centre with bus etc) but at least this hotel is cheaper than those in the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mika99
Reviewed 24 July 2006

Rooms were OK, but no A/C so very difficult to sleep at night in 35degree summer heat.
Very bad room service....bed never made...duvet thrown in the corner by the television.After the first morning breakfast I brought a cup of coffee to my room....that cup remained there for my 4 day stay...starting to grow mould and no one removed it.
Lifts were constantly out of order as was the gym/suana/pool....not sure if they even have this facility...maybe false advertising.
Very dodgy area....feeling of a nasty neighbourhood....did not feel safe during th day not to mind the night.
Dodgy electrics...lights constantly going on and off.Got the feeling that the electricity was turned off at night to save on running costs.
Would not recommed this hotel but I suppose for the price....you get what you pay for. Would not stay here again...prefer to pay a bit more for a better safer environment.
Staff friendly enough.