“A hot day”

96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“A hot day”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I went there with my son and his friend. There were a lot of attractions and no queing at all on a very hot summer morning. The boys enjoyed it a bit better than me, but I think it is normal. We spent there two or three hours and we had a lot of fun. It was worth going there but we would not go every day.

Visited August 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“funnnnnnn”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

i was just to remind me my young age as an school boy from about 25 years ago and i had a big fun with my wife again was good crack to get back and saw some of the attraction still there and work and on top of it new crazy good machines.i will bring my son there as soon as he`ll reach the age and high :-)
hope will still open

Visited July 2013
2 Thank maroskojediny
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great Place, Old but very good but smaller children”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We visited this park for the first time on 2nd June 2013, having been to Budapest several times before, visiting the Zoo, and Szechanyi, but never coming here. With 3 young girls (3,6 and 10), I was a little sceptical from the outside, as the larger rides are visible, and my hungarian isn't particularly good, so the descriptions on the wall didn't mean anything to me.

However the rides were plentiful (don't compare to Disney and the like, it's not the same, nor is it as expensive) and the kids had a great time. The food was very much similar to everywhere else in Budapest, and perfectly acceptable.

A classic wooden rollercoaster - lots of rides able to be ridden by children of 39inches and up, we spent around 4 hours, but only because we had a plane to catch, otherwise I think you could quite easily spend the day. There is plenty of seating, shaded areas (although there wasn't much sun when we were there), and plenty of rides and attractions (bumper cars, roller coasters, they have the same caterpillar ride as at Kissimee Old Town, waltzers, spinning, turning, revolving, ferris wheel, and many more)

All in all, I felt it was a worthwhile day out, the kids had a great time, and would recommend it, even if you split a day in there and another attraction in the city park area.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank markelock1974
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun for the family”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

If you are visiting Budapest with young children you definitely should spare the time for a visit to Vidampark. The amusement park is not very large, please do not expect Disneyland, but there are a lot of rides and my 6 year old was trilled about the visit and we ended up spending 5 hours there. There is an entrance fee but once inside almost everything is free. The best thing for us was the wooden roller coaster, as we were amazed to see a 100 years old roller-coaster made of wood still working (my son ride it two times) as well as the Magic Castle (tree visits to this one :)). We also liked the panorama wheel, the wave boat, the Spinning Coaster, the Laser dodgem and the Octopus. They have also a decent web site where you can check in advance which rides are allowed for your child.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank BiljanaKK
Eger, Hungary
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The park area is quite small there are not too many games and mostly quite out of date. However, the price is quite high.

Visited July 2012