“At the Risk of Sounding Like a Teenager...”

Great Circus (Nagy Cirkusz)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$82.86*
and up
Full-Day Budapest Private Tour by Car or by Public Transport with Lunch
Marietta, Georgia
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 232 helpful votes
“At the Risk of Sounding Like a Teenager...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

OMG!!!! This is the most fun my husband and I have had in ages.

The circus building looks like a Chuck E Cheese on steroids outside, but is perfect for the purpose inside. It's a really nice facility, with one ring. I've been in cruise ship venues that were lots larger, and there are no bad seats, even the cheap seats. I couldn't see anything that would block the view.

The acts were all very, very good, and, as my husband said "I was entertained the whole time". What's not to love about beautiful women and manly men in spangles? They had acrobatic and animal acts, and even gave the audience the chance to have their photos made sitting on the elephant at intermission. Heck, that was as entertaining as anything else we saw.

I honestly didn't think at this age that anything that a clown could do would still make me laugh. Wrong. I enjoyed all their skits, but the last one was particularly funny.

This is a well run circus, in a fixed building, fixing to celebrate it's hundred and something'th anniversary. Many of the acts appear to be family, and it seems like everyone is still having fun. I also liked it that they let their small children participate to gain experience. What an awesome family business!

This is why Europe is wonderful. Something like this wouldn't last five minutes in my hometown. Dang.

Visited August 2014

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very good show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We got there after reserving seats on the web. The show was very good with some excellent parts. The kids also got on the elephant for a photo which is quite unique...

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Tigers and elephants and mullets, oh my!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My boyfriend and I had a blast at this old-school circus. The ring-leader only speaks in Hungarian but you don't need to understand it to fully enjoy the show. Where else can you see tigers spin on disco balls, the most amazing mullet on a sequin-decked tightrope walker, and an acrobat hanging by nothing but her hair?!

Visited July 2014
Westchester, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Family attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We just wanted to relax a bit after the heavy sightseeing of the day.
We made the right choice. It is not a huge circus,. it is intimate, old fashioned,in a way circus should be. Bonus: You don't have to understand Hungarian

Visited July 2014
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A Must See with Children in Budapest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We're a family with three kids (age 5, 8, 10). Budapest is a good place for a romantic weekend trip, yet we found it a bit boring for children ... until we saw this traditional Great Circus. All children, even the oldest one who becomes already very picky when it comes to label any attraction as being 'cool enough'. The program split about 30:50:20 time to Animals : Acrobats : Clowns. The animals are well taken care of, no harsh treatment. Best to buy your tickets online as you save 10%, it took us about 15minutes after processing the payment to receive the email with our tickets, so don't get nervous in case you don't receive the email immediately after your credit card is charged. There is free parking on the street in front of the circus. We found the show an absolute bargain, as we paid only EUR 45 for 2 adults + 3 children in the first class seating area.

Visited August 2014