“Always lovely to come back”
Review of Hotel Amadeus

Hotel Amadeus
Ranked #204 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I've stayed at the Amadeus around 6 times and every time I've loved it. The staff are great and even though most of the time I'm travelling alone I have never felt out of place.
The food is always of a high standard, and the rooms comfortable and clean.
I stayed here originally because it was within easy walking distance of the dentist ( Kreativ dental )
But if I ever came to Budapest for a city break I would have no hesitation staying at this hotel as its very easy to get to the city from there.

Room Tip: Number 112 large balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AngelaPotts

Reviewed 14 June 2013

When reading the previous reviews for this hotel, I find myself wondering if we were just very, very unlucky at the time of our stay. Anyway, this is what happened: We had booked a room with the dental agency (my husband had an appointment at the clinic) and we were travelling with our 8-months-old son. We were given a room on the 4th floor which was accessible only by stairs. After having carried all our luggage plus our baby and his stroller up the narrow spiral staircase (nobody in the staff offered to help) we found a strange, attic-like room where everything was very old, broken and dirty. We soon found out that neither the sink nor the toilet worked. We told the staff that we were very unhappy with our room, but they could not offer us anything better since all was full (how can you accept a booking for a family to a room without elevator and working bathroom in the first place?). At the end the dental clinic helped us to transfer to another hotel, Eben, that was quite ok, so we did not have to stay the night at Amadeus. The staff we met was not friendly at all, it didn't feel like they cared or had the slightest interest in helping us resolve the problems. In short: not a pleasant stay at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rosamystica80
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were exceptional with helpful information to make the most out of our stay in Budapest. The waiters were great and the food was exceptional. We would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and heard no traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vikki M
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Been to this hotel about 8 times as I go to the dentist just down the road from the hotel. Clean, big rooms, good mattresses, nice duvets, TV (CNN), phone, room service, excellent staff, decent bathroom with bath and shower, sometimes you get the nice balcony. I have only complained once about the room they gave me. Good breakfast and all set up for patients from the dentist. I had a lot of dentistry work done (looked like I had done 4 rounds with Mike Tyson) and the hotel really looked after me with ice packs, kind words etc. Shop across the road supplies you with everything extra you need - there's even a guy in a van that sells roast chicken - really good. It's not exactly in the centre but Kreativ Clinic give you a pass for the duration you are there - and it's really easy to get about. Feels like my home in Budapest (oh and the dental work is 50% cheaper than UK)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank absolutelyfabulous
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We (two young girls) were 4 days / 3 nights at the Amadeus Hotel.
The friendly staff at the reception an early check in possible. We got a nice and clean room, with balcony (shared with other 3 rooms). Our room had only a shower but it was ok, as everything worked and was clean.
Once again a big thanks for the friendly staff, day and night, specially for László Tordai, making our stay really delightful, thank you László!
For a 3 star hotel, it has a really good standard, clean rooms and good connection to the city with the trolley-bus every 5-6 minutes.
Would absolutely recommend the hotel any time again and hopefully come back one day :)))

Room Tip: we had the room no. 111, no traffic noise at all, in the first floor. Room has a balcony but shared...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 762Helene2011
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I'm sure the hotel Amadeus would have been fantastic except for the small issue of having my room given away. Upon arriving at 22:00 I was told that there had been accident in my room and it was no longer available. I asked if I could have another room but was told they were now fully booked. Another nearby hotel had been booked on my behalf.

After I voiced my displeasure at this I went to my new accommodation to find it was nowhere near the quality I was after. In the morning I went back to the hotel Amadeus to have a discussion with the manager. It then transpired there had been no accident with the room. Apparently a large party had turned up the previous day and demanded they be accommodated; instead of stating there was not enough room they decided to give away my booking. This is very frustrating as I booked 2 months in advance!

The manager was very apologetic (unlike the employee I had spoken to the day before) and offered me a free meal. I was still far from happy but accepted his apology and meal. I was offered no financial compensation despite the fact that my replacement hotel was of a much lower quality.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights with my mum in August 2012 while driving around Europe. This hotel has many luxuries like Air-con "Was 44 degrees outside", Minibar, lifts and a Garage, if you arrive by car like we did. We used the Metro to get in to Budapest using örs vezér tere station so the location was perfect.

When i checked in, i must admit that i was quite worried when i noticed the Fawlty Towers picture above the check in desk but the Amadeus was nothing like that.:)
We found the hotel staff really friendly, Nothing seemed a problem to any of them, The room was really clean, beds were also comfortable.

Overall, we loved the Amadeus!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family