“One of the best in Budapest”
Review of LouLou Restaurant - CLOSED

LouLou Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dear Guests! We would like to inform you that the owner of our restaurant has changed, wich comes with new concept and new direction. From May the new name of the restaurant is MÁRGA Bisztró Budapest. Our chef Ákos Horváth is working on the same high quality standard. Best regards, Bence Gellért Restaurant Manager MÁRGA Bisztró Budapest
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We took the degustation menu, with 7 courses and matching wine arrangement. Food was delicious , well prepared, perfect taste. Service is also very good. This is a restaurant at Michelin level but the only remark I have, a wine arrangement should be with every course a different wine (or beer). We had 7 courses and only 4 wines (2 white, 2 red) when we asked some more wine, they charged extra. We'll go back for sure but will not take the wine arrangement anymore as this is not really a complete wine arrangement for it's price.

3  Thank ferbeli

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The restaurant is tucked away at the end of a street near the Opera. On arrival at 19.30 hours the restaurant was empty. During our dinner only one other couple came in to dine.
The service and the food is very good. The ambiance of the restaurant was good, even though the few diners. We got a lovely amuse bouche (duck rillette formed in a ball). For starters we had a perfect gazpacho served with two macarons filled with goat cheese. This was a very good combination. Then I had the crispy milk fed pig. Dessert was a lovely homemade ricotta served with a white chocolate brownie with rhubarb. Delicious!

For the two of us we payed HUF 25.000 (€82)

2  Thank Irboke B
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We found this place on trip advisor and thought we'd try it out. Food was excellent, staff were super professional but also very friendly. Enjoyed it and would go back. The only thing I would say is that 1400Hf for a bottle of water seems a little expensive considering you can pick one up in the supermarket for 150Hf.

2  Thank tyson161
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My French boyfriend took me to LouLou when we were in Budapest these days. Altough I'm a Hungarian girl I have never been to LouLou before. When we arrived a very nice waiter welcomed us and then we decided to try the daily menu. I chose gazpacho, then cod loin brandade and finally home made ricotta with white chocolate brownie. I loved all of them, especially the dessert. My boyfriend and I agreed that nowhere in Europe are the prices of the daily menu so reasonable. We had these meals for 15 eur per person.

2  Thank Lylian L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a wonderful time in Restaurant LouLou. I chose fresh goat cheese and then duck leg with robuchon mashed potato and it was a real surprise for me, because in spite of being quite small it was tasty and filling! Robuchon potato was number one for me... The atmosphere of the place is perfect, and the waiters are very kind. We will return soon!