“Perfect place”

Casati Budapest Hotel
Ranked #6 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We can highly recommend this place. Everything was close to perfect. Nice and charming rooms, clean, close to the center. Nice restaurants and bar in a few minutes walking distance. Breakfast was very good - coffee could be better. I really thought about asking the receptionist for a Nespresso (we got one when we checked in :). Very good value for your money, we will definitely come back again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Asteriou,
Thank you very much for your nice review. We are glad that your Budapest citybreak was perfect with Casati Budapest Hotel and you were satisfied with the clean and modern rooms as well as with the central location. Thank you for your notice regarding to the coffee at the breakfast, we have already taken measures to improve it.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Casati (with a delicious Nespresso:) ).
Gabor Erdos

Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Having read all the glowing reviews about Casati beforehand my expectations were maybe higher than normally. Still this hotel managed to exceed my expectations. There were five of us altogether in our company staying in three different rooms which were all spacious, cosy and individually decorated with nice little details. We were very, very happy for what we got and taking into account the price we paid, the place was very good value for money. Everything from cleaning to air conditioning functioned perfectly, even free Wi-Fi which some reviewers have been complaining about. And unlike one of the recent reviewers, I don't have anything to complain about the service either, quite the contrary. When we arrived, they gave us a warm welcome, coffee and soft drinks were served while we did the paperwork and the service was great all the time through the five days we stayed there, no matter who happened to sat behind the receptionist's desk (The reception room itself is quite nice. We thought first that we entered into an art gallery).There's a very nice little courtyard, the corridors in the floors are decorated nicely and the breakfast room was comfortable as well (as was the bar attached to it, although, surprisingly, we didn't see anyone sitting there during our stay). If it's compulsory to complain about something, it would be coffee in the breakfast buffet. To be honest, one morning it was barely drinkable. However, we mentioned about this to one of the staff members and next morning it was much better, although still not great considering that otherwise the breakfast was of a good standard. Everything was fresh and tasty and there was even sparkling wine available (which we gladly took advantage of for a couple of mornings).
As you can already see when taking a look at the city map, the location is great as well. Andrassy Ut, Opera house and nearest metro stop are all just around the corner. 5-10 min walk will take you to the big ring road with great tram connections to different parts of the city. 10-15 minutes’ walk to other direction takes you to the inner town (Belvaros) and to the banks of Danube. There's a huge variety of restaurants, bars, ruin pubs and all other kinds of watering holes within walking distance (for example nearby Nagymező utca is full of bars, theatres and other kinds of entertainment, although - thanks for the most part to drunken tourists - it might get quite crowded and noisy on Friday and Saturday nights). So all in all, if you manage to get a room for affordable price (there's only around 25 rooms in the hotel, so I’m sure the best deals go quickly even outside the high season) don't hesitate! You certainly don't have to look any further.

Room Tip: Our room on the fourth floor (nr. 46, one of their "natural" rooms) was on the side of the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pasikuikka

Dear Tuomas H,
I can’t thank you enough for your heartwarming feedback. My colleagues and I are really glad that we could provide you a service higher than expected and all of you had a joyful stay at Casati Budapest Hotel.
I am delighted that you liked the room styles and the fresh design of the reception and breakfast area, and indeed the Casati Art Corner Gallery with temporary exhibitions is just next to the entrance . As for the coffee, we have already taken actions to improve its quality, thank you for mentioning it. Also in our bar you can always enjoy a delicious cup of coffee. We are happy that after having a nice breakfast and a glass of sparkling wine you could easily walk around the city and enjoy the lively nightlife in the neighborhood - have you also tried our relaxing wellness department?
Let me thank you again for choosing Casati, it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back soon!
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I asked this hotel to arrange a transfer for me from the train station. The car never showed up even though I waited for 20 minutes in the arrival hall. I rang the hotel from the public phone outside the station and they tried to argue with me and say that the car had been there for an hour (even though my train had only arrived 20 minutes ago) and had left and after more arguing reluctantly agreed to send another car. That car also never showed - I waited for a further 30 minutes before being forced to take a taxi. When I eventually arrived at the hotel the receptionist blamed me and said I had not waited in the right place and seemed to think that the situation was funny.

Absolutely terrible service from a supposedly luxury hotel - I had originally wanted to stay for 3 days but will be finding another hotel for the rest of my trip. Avoid this place and its rude, incompetent staff at all costs.

Room Tip: Choose a room in anotherhotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Katandapickle
erdosgab, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Katandapickle,
I really appreciate that you wrote about your experience at Casati. I am sorry that you left with no 100% satisfaction. I would like to ensure you that we will take your feedback to heart and focus on improving.
I am really sorry and I cannot imagine how it was possible that you and our cabdriver could not meet at the railway station. We have been working with him for a long time and there were not any dissatisfaction so far. He was spending more than an hour there and later he even returned.
I do apologize for the inconveniences. We will do our best (as we did anytime) in order not only to avoid such an unfortunate situation but moreover that our guests have a unique hotel experience at Casati. Knowing our team I am sure that we deserve the very nice comments of our previous guests (excellent service, the friendliest reception, best hotel etc.) but I am also sure that we can always improve and also your feedback helps us to perfect our services.
So again, I am grateful that you sent us your opinion and I would like to offer you a free 2 night stay at our hotel when we can prove that Casati is one of the best hotels in Budapest.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

If you are looking for a hotel suitable for a short break in Budapest look no further than the Casati. My wife and I stayed in this hotel for four nights 14 April to 19 April, on arrival we were given a friendly greeting by reception and a welcome cup of coffee while we checked in. Once check-in was completed we were given a brief tour of the coffee bar, breakfast area and lower ground area where the sauna is located. We had booked a junior suite but when we got to our room we discovered that we had been allocated a standard room instead. Had it not been for the fact that we had paid for a suite I can tell you that we would have been happy with the room, which was spacious and had the facilities required for a short stay. When we brought it to the attention of reception that we had reserved a junior suite they apologized that none were available for that night but if we would accept the standard room for one night they would arrange to move us on the Monday morning. As promised we were moved while we were out sight seeing so there was no real interruption to our short holiday. The junior suite was an excellent size and had soft seating in addition to the desk and chair to be found in a standard room. This Casati is a recently refurbished hotel and all rooms have modern decoration, free WiFi, tea and coffee facilities and a mini bar. Breakfast is served early enough to suit business travelers and late enough to accommodate tourists. The breakfast is of a good standard with a selection of both continental and hot food to suit most tastes. Staff in the hotel could not be faulted, they were always friendly and helpful. Reception were able to sell us tickets for a Hop-On Hop-Off bus service that proved a very useful way to see the city. The street that the hotel is located on is currently subject to much building work and renovations, which are very close to the Casati itself. This did not prove to be much of an issue for us but if you are a light sleeper it might be better for you to ask for a room over looking the courtyard as there can be early traffic noise caused by the the construction people arriving for work. Less than two minutes from the hotel is one of the most upscale streets in Budapest as is the National Opera House. Less than a ten minute walk will enable you to reach the main shopping district or key tourist attractions. There are many good restaurants close to the hotel none of them too expensive and the hotel reception staff are only too happy to make recommendations. Wine in Hungary is very good and not expensive but seek advice before buying as there are many wines to choose from, none of which are sold outside Hungary. If you are a beer drinker stick to the local beers they are all good and cheaper than the imported beers that are available in most bars. We enjoyed our stay at the Casati and have no hesitation in recommending it to fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the court yard are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Tommag,
Thank you so much for taking the time and write us a kind review regarding to your stay at Casati. We are glad that we could contribute to your memorable Budapest citybreak, and you were satisfied with the nice and modern room, the wide choice of breakfast and the location of our hotel. I am very happy that the staff made you feel welcome during your stay, I will pass on your kind words to my colleagues. Please accept my apologies for the temporary inconvenience.
We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Casati Budapest Hotel many times again in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed in Casati during 3 nights in April 2013. We chose this hotel because of the reviews, we were not dispaapointed. Nice welcome at reception, room was spacious and modern. Big and nice shower. Well isolated, window could be opened, something that I love. Wireless is included. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Janingroningen,
We really appreciate your touching review, thank you for sharing your experience at Casati on Tripadvisor. I hope the nice welcome with a cup of delicious coffee or refreshment made you feel like home right from the first minute at our hotel. We are happy that you were pleased with the spacious room and shower, as well as with the wide choice of breakfast and free Wifi in the whole building.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again at Casati Budapest Hotel in the near future!
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed at the Casati Hotel for a 3 night break in February. We were impressed with the decor and style from the moment we walked in. We arrived quite late but we were expected and received a nice welcome and a quick tour.

We had requested a Natural Room, which we were pleased to get. We liked the room and the decor but the floor was quite dirty and had lots of bits on- as we arrived late we decided to leave it till the morning. However the following day despite the cleaner having been in the room to clean, the floor was still dirty. I complained at Reception but was told the cleaner had gone home, so I asked for a brush and I cleaned it up myself. When I went back down the receptionist offered us an upgrade to a Junior Suite as he said I shouldn't have had to clean the room. So we moved and we were much happier and it was clean. The room was much more spacious and the strange sloth creature was unique and funny (I had seen this room on the website and didn't like the look of it but I did like it when I was in it).

We used the sauna one evening, which was very nice and in the newly refurbished basement, which was a unique setting.

Breakfast was a standard buffet with quite a good variety, but nothing special.

Finally the location was very central in Pest and we walked everywhere.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank pakipsy99

Dear Pakipsy99,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding to your stay at Casati. The decoration of the rooms and common areas is indeed original, topped with the artworks of Hungarian artists. Our location is really central, you can get everywhere on foot or by public transportation easily - it is good to read that you found it perfect. I am happy that you liked the spacious sauna with its natural and unique setting – have you also tried our gym and relaxing massage service?
Please accept my apologies for the incident with the room, we will be more attentive in the future. I am glad that you were satisfied with the Junior Suite and had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Casati Budapest Hotel.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

The hotel deserves its very good reviews. The location was spot on for getting to all the city's tourist sights, we explored on foot.The room we stayed in for 4 nights was large, tastefully decorated (a natural -type room) and we enjoyed a very comfortable stay -it was nice to have tea/coffee and the mini bar in the room -it felt like our own flat in Budapest . We overlooked the road on the 3rd floor and had a small balcony to stand on,though we were not disturbed by noise at night. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient and we appreciated the transfer to and from the airport which the hotel arranged. The bathroom has a powerful walk in shower, no bath , we learned to ignore the small window from the bathroom into the room as a quirky design feature. The rest of the design of the room and the clean modern feel of the hotel in general was impressive and we felt represented good value for money.

Dear Lilaclime,
Thank you for your kind review by which you can help other travelers why to choose Casati Budapest Hotel.
We are really glad that we could make your Budapest holiday memorable and you were satisfied with the location, the design, the spacious and quiet room as well as with the value for money. I hope you had time to try our relaxing sauna in the basement after a long walk in the city. Thank you for your feedback regarding to the reception, I will forward your nice words to my excellent colleagues.
Please come back soon to Casati, it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again!
All the best,