“A "boutique hotel" of top quality”

Casati Budapest Hotel
Ranked #8 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Outstanding quality for the rooms (very good value for money). Moreover, it is linked with a very professionnal and friendly staff.
I highly recommend this place, which is conveniently located within the lively jewish quarter

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Patrick S,
Many thanks for your kind review regarding to your stay at Casati Budapest Hotel.
We are so delighted that we could give you all the information needed and that we got your satisfaction.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon, please contact us before your next visit in Budapest!

There are newer reviews for Casati Budapest Hotel

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend, family of seven - all adults - in four rooms on fourth floor. Everybody thoroughly enjoyed their stay - rooms were spacious, clean and bright. We stayed in room 41. The front of house were very helpful sorting taxis out, arranging tickets for Big Bus city tour, sorting tickets for Sezcheny baths and generally very helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and catered for all tastes and appetites. Location of the hotel is top class, just a short walk to Basilica, Oktagon, Opera House etc. enjoyed lovely food at Oliva's (behind Basilica) and Cafe Kor in Sas Utca (other side of Basilica). Nice lunch at Caledonia pub (Scottish bar) just a five minute stroll from hotel. Highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kevin N,
Many thanks for all the family members for staying with us, we are delighted that we could contribute to your joyful Budapest citybreak. It is great that you could see each others room and discover the special design, also that you were satisfied with the room size and cleanliness. Good to hear that you also enjoyed the varied and delicious Hungarian cuisine and found fine restaurants in the neighbourhood. Have you also tried the surrounding wine bars with wide selection of fruity wines?
We can’t wait to welcome you again at Casati!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I really enjoyed the hotel. As reviewed before, the rooms are unique and definitely not cookie cutter. If you are looking for a hotel with a non-traditional feel, this is a great option.

I had a single room with the window from the shower opening into the bathroom, and I found this to be a nice touch. Being the only person in the room, privacy wasn’t an issue, and the natural daylight in the shower was appreciated. Having the sink separate from the bath area wasn’t a big deal.

The bed was comfortable and clean. However, house cleaning stops at 3:00, so if they visit your room at 1:30 or 2:00, you need to let them clean instead of telling them to come back later. You risk not having your room cleaned for the day otherwise. (That happened to me.)

Breakfast was nice and was in a pleasant environment.

I spent an afternoon at Gellert Spa and had a massage while there. It was not a great massage and I later found out that the Casati staff could arrange to have a massage therapist provide a massage in the basement spa (I think it was 30 or 35 euro). I wish I had used the in-house massage therapist instead of going to Gellert.

The neighborhood isn’t very nice. The building is surrounded by crumbling buildings. If you want a snack, you have to walk 3-4 blocks to find a store that sells soft drinks and snacks. The hotel is one block off Andrassy ut. While there are nice shops on Andrassy, after you’ve visited them once, there isn’t much to do in the area. The Opera metro stop isn’t very helpful and I didn’t find other reliable public transit options, so I wound up walking – lots!! It’s a 15-20 minute walk to the river and other shopping areas of Budapest.

About 4-5 blocks from the hotel (toward Oktogon) is a nice area with lots of outdoor cafes – I believe the street is Liszt Ferenc ter. I had dinner there several nights and enjoyed the area very much.

Overall I had a nice visit to Casati Budapest. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at the hotel again. The location was inconvenient, but the price helped offset the location disadvantage. Free WiFi was free and reliable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear Steve F,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding to your stay at Casati Budapest Hotel. We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with the uniquely designed, bright rooms, free and strong WiFi, value for money as well as with the wide choice of buffet breakfast. As you wrote, our guests can relax in our spacious sauna or work out in our gym down in the basement 24/7 free of charge, and a renewal massage service is also available with professional massage therapist in an intimate area right in the hotel.
We are sorry to read that you were not entirely satisfied with our location. Budapest is a quite big city with thousands of years of history, thats why all the historical monuments can be found in different parts. We are only one street from Deak Square, the major transport junction, and also the sightseeing buses stop just by the corner if you would like to see all the major sights in less than 3 hours. Also the lovely Jewish quarter with fine restaurants and lively ruin pubs, as well as the so-called Broadway, Nagymező street with lots of café bars, theatres and galleries are in 3 minutes' walk. If you have any doubts where or how to get to some place, please do not hesitate and ask our lovely staff for information, who are willing to help you anytime! We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Casati.
Best regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week combining a holiday with a visit to the World Dog Show in Budapest and the annual Atibox boxer show being hosted in Hungary.
From the moment we arrived, we, were made very welcome. The hotel is a boutique style with a perfect marriage in design between the old and the new.
Location is excellent being just off Andrassy very near to the Opera House and the underground. Hotel rooms are very comfortable, kitsch furnishings (think Austin Powers!) modern and scrupulously clean with wonderful power showers. I stayed in room 22, a single room but with a double bed which was extremely comfortable and just loved the glass/chrome bathroom. My friends had a twin room overlooking the pretty courtyard area and again this was very comfortable. The one criticism I would make about my room is that there was no drawer space for clothes storage, and perhaps the large area under the vanity unit containing the sink could maybe have been utilised to create this space but this was very minor issue and I did manage adequately, using the wardrobe which had plenty of hangers and an easy to use safe, handy for storing valuables.
Staff at this hotel are excellent, very professional yet friendly and approachable and helpful when seeking information. Breakfast is very good with a wide selection of hot and cold buffet items. Can also recommend ' The Big Fish' seafood bistro on Andrassy about 5 minutes walk from the hotel on the same side as the Opera House walking in the direction of the Heroes Park - the shrimp caesar salad is delicious as are good old 'fish and chips' very reasonably priced and washed down with a glass of the very palatable (and cheap) Hungarian Chardonnay! Another 'must do' is a visit to the Alexandra book store again just round the corner from the hotel (almost opposite The Big Fish) and a trip up the escalator to the bookcafe which is an experience in itself, being beautifully ornate with magnificent hand painted ceilings and gold leaf in abundance, the ideal spot to unwind and indulge in a latte or cappuccino with one of their delicious cakes or pastries from their mouth-watering patisserie, where you will be spoilt for choice!
All in all, a lovely hotel in a great location and one I would happily recommend and intend to return to in the future in order to further sample the delights of this wonderful city.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear SarahJanePrestatyn,
We are really thankful for your lovely and detailed review about your stay at Casati Budapest Hotel. We are pleased that our colleagues could satisfy all your needs during the week, also that you were fascinated by the design and location of the hotel. We hope that the dog show was as successful as your hotel choice :) Thank you for your notice regarding to the less of storage space, we will take it under consideration on our future room renovation. It is great that you also had time for sightseeing and eating out, now the neighbourhood is full of new open-air restaurants and bars!
When can we welcome you next time? :) Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any questions.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We arrived and were welcomed with a seat at reception and a free coffee or drink. We received our welcome pack with all the information you could ask for as well. It was a very personal service and at no time during our entire check-in or stay did we feel rushed or stressed. It was the welcome and service that every hotel should have!

The rooms were extremely funky with crazy art painted on the walls. The view out the window of our room was a lovely courtyard with vines on the walls. Very picturesque! The breakfast was also one of the best we had in our European holiday. A huge buffet that also had champagne and cookies.

The street it was located in was quiet and although there were a couple of homeless people further down the road away from the main street, it did not impact our experience at all. We felt safe and welcome walking around at all times of the day and night. You will need to catch a taxi from the main train station because it's too far to walk, but it is close to all the main tourist attractions.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear KiloSYD,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your lovely feedback. My staff and I are delighted to hear that we could make your Budapest holiday perfect! The first impression is always important, also traveling long hours can be quite exhausting and stressful, of course we are waiting for you with a smile and a delicious coffee :) We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Casati!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2013

With 220+ reviews in the bag, it is hard to add anything new about this hotel, that was renamed from Pest Hotel and therefore taxi drivers may not find it easily. Have the address handy. The hotel expanded and the rooms vary. Personally, I would avoid one with glass-enclosed bathroom, but they are all decorated with emphasis on decoration! People are friendly and service is great. Certainly would return (and have done so before).

Room Tip: Certainly the street-facing rooms seem to be larger, but so are some of the other ones.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear IGF,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor about your stay at Casati Budapest Hotel.
We are delighted that you liked the new outlook of the hotel with the different room styles and spacious areas. As you wrote, we have luminous bathrooms with chrome glass walls as well as with normal walls so that you are free to choose your favourite room design and style. Thank you for your kind words regarding to our professional staff, they are indeed very friendly and provide you all the information needed.
Have you tried our relaxing massage therapy, sauna and fitness room?
If you return to Hungary, please do not hesitate to contact us, it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again at Casati!

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I am posting this review during my fourth and last night at the Casati hotel. The location is superb: 150 m from the Opera House and walking distance to all public transport (bus, subway or tram) and the Déak tér, where the information post and meeting point for walking tours (included in the Budapest Card) are. The rooms are beautiful. And the hotel's whole decor is a blend of the old and the new. The personnel is super friendly and helpful. Breakfast is very complete and setted in a very luminous and cool area. I am touring with my husband but I recommend it to all travellers, regardless of their company for the trip. I absolutely loved the Casati Budapest Hotel. If I ever come back to Budapest (I certainly hope so), Casati will be my accomodation's first choice. Beware: it is very popular, so you better book a room in advance.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Agusbicho,
I have goosebumps from reading your nice review, thank you so much for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor regarding to your stay at Casati Budapest Hotel.
Special thanks for pointing out our favorable location, delicious breakfast and hotel design. All the 25 rooms have something unique to offer every guest. During the time of the renovations we placed great emphasis on the fancy furniture and artsy inside while preserving the heritage of the historic 18th century building. I am happy that my colleagues made your stay perfect, I will pass on your kind words to them.
We are looking forward to meeting you again at Casati in the near future. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!