“Budget boutique”

East Anglia
“Budget boutique”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Budget boutique
We picked the Casati from TripAdvisor and weren’t disappointed. The place is trying a bit too hard to be a bit boutique and gimmicky (it’s probably an old town house – lots of stone and a covered-over courtyard), but it’s nonetheless a nice budget stay, almost exclusively for tourists. Our room was average size, with an adequate bathroom, probably recently refurbished. Everything shiny and clean, everything worked, including good wi-fi. Location-wise it proved ideal for our short stay, with the river and chain bridge maybe ten minutes’ walk away. The street was quiet at night. Breakfast was unremarkable but above average. Staff were welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael424
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for letting others know you had a fabulous stay. I appreciate your kind remarks about our superior location and am pleased that you found our staff helpful.
Thank you again, and I look forward to your return.
Gabor Erdos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The location of this hotel is great. It is very close to the action in the city, and everything is walkable from the hotel. The breakfast buffet is one of the best that I've ever had in a hotel. The breakfast was always plentiful, and the eating area was always quiet. We had a very large room which surprised me because I'm so used to small European hotel rooms! The room was clean, the bathroom was beautiful.
The only complaint I have is that the beds do not come with a set of bed sheets. My husband and I only had 2 small/individual size duvet covers. I thought that was so weird. I've never been to a hotel where there were no bed sheets. (The only sheet covered the mattress, that was all). I had to sleep in long sleeves because I was cold and only had a small duvet. So that was strange, but I still very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aquacrystl
Thank you for your remarkable review. I am pleased you enjoyed so many of the attributes that make up Casati Budapest Hotel to be one of the best boutique hotels in Budapest. It is also a pleasure knowing that you were impressed with our location, and the delightful breakfast. Additionally, please know that your comments regarding the sheets are well noted. Your kind remarks are much appreciated and I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.
With gratitude,
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Check-in was good in this "Boutique" hotel. Asked for a early check-in and our room is ready when arrived at 1pm, with also a courtesy cup of coffee/water on arrival

The room is good sized and room's deco is as per the photos on the website. Though the breakfast area with glass roof is small and at time could be packed, it was never full during our 4 days stay. breakfast is plentiful (fruits, scrambled eggs, bacon, baked beans, boiled eggs, various different cold meats, various cheese, various bread slices/rolls, strudels [different ones each day], mini croissants, orange/apple juice, coffee machine) & come included with expedia booking.

The hotel is close enough to the river (short walk or the Metro M2) and close to Szechenyi bath/Hero squaure and just a 2minutes walk to Opera.

The only quibble is that the outside of our room on second floor (where lightwell is) is a smoking area. Also, although it come with a double/king sized bed, it really is 2 beds put together with a King/double sized sheets & single duvets..

It even has a small gym, which we didn't need to use, and also a computer by the breakfast area with printing facilitliy, which is very useful (easier than using smartphones, etc.)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patrick112999
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am thrilled you were impressed with the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the location of the hotel and the breakfast. I do also want to take a moment to apologize regarding the mishap you encountered with the smooking area and the beds, they are well noted and we will take action regarding to them. Your comments are much appreciated and I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We only day we left this charming hotel and we were want to go back.
Everything is perfect in the hotel: excellent service, clean rooms and very nicely decorated, great location, excellent breakfast.
Anyone who likes to be a little hotel I strongly recommend.
I would rank this hotel 100%
Thanks so much for the comfortable feeling you give to guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bor570_12
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 27 February 2014

In honor of the person who receives this letter,
I would like to just say thank you :)
This was my second visit in Budapest, and I must say that what made the experience perfect visit was to return to your hotel for the second time.
All the staff are so nice and kind and always happy to help and give good advice.
The rooms are so clean and tidy, breakfast variety is always surprising re :)
So again thank you, you caused the second visit. Make the experience very pleasant warm and invites to come back again soon :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Christopher M
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Excellent location to discover amazing Budapest!
Centrally located, it is at walking distance from many places to visit: the 7th District (the Jewish area, beautiful and rich of history), the Opera, Andrassy avenue and much much more.
The hotel is cosy and you feel home from your first step in: the staff offers a warm and friendly welcome and is there to help you tackle all kind of questions (from toothbrush to slippers to taxi transfer and more). The hotel is a high-standard one: sauna in the basement is just great (you can even have it on your own, if timing allows!); rooms are spacious and silent; breakfast is rich and varied (to make it perfect they could foresee gluten- and lactose-free products but it's sufficient to ask to have them the next day).
In one word, Casati Hotel is THE place to be to fully enjoy Budapest and discover its charm...

Room Tip: Room 45 is just perfect if you are looking for a room with light and noise-free
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Stefania B
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Stefania B,
Thank you for your nice words about our hotel.
We usually recommend the sauna especialy in winter, when you can spend relaxing time there with your partner.
We hope to welcome you again at Casati.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We recently stayed in the Casati for a girls weekend away. I was blown away by the exceptional customer service, friendly welcoming staff and can do attitude. We felt very safe and and it was a personal feel which you don't get at most large hotels. Location is excellent and close to many Ruin Bars and resturants (must go to 'Spilers' and 'Menza!')
The staff arranged a complimentary bottle of champagne for us as the beds were not made into Twin beds when we first arrived (which didn't bother us and they happily changed them). But it's always the little things like this that make your stay and add up. We were really impressed.
Although we didn't use it, the gym and sauna and massage room downstairs look great.
Hotel is very arty and clean. The front windows are double glazed so we didn't encounter any street noise. My favourite room choice was the 'classic' . Yes it is minimalistic style but so cool and comfy at the same time. Loved it.
It is a shame no one was ever in the bar! It looked very funky and relaxed.Yet it lacked people! and perhaps some tunes too. Breakfast was ok, champagne is a lovely adult touch (if you can stomach it from the night before!). I couldn't find any English speaking channels on the tv or music which was a shame. Perhaps a music dock would be great in the rooms?
I can't stress enough how impressed I was with this hotel. Great staff (and they happily gave us a 2 pm checkout). I do not understand why it is only rated as a three star hotel. The service and the overall feel of the place is definitely 5 star. Amazing!

Room Tip: If you prefer a 'classic' style room, these do not overlook the courtyard , but they overloo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Kyliedbu,
We appreciate your kind feedback about our hotel.
We pay attention to the staff's attitude which is sometimes more important than the services a hotel can offer.
I have not heard about 'Spilers' so far, thank you for mentioning it.