“Wonderful in every way”

Casati Budapest Hotel
Ranked #8 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was taken to Budapest for a special birthday and the Casati certainly topped off the surprise! Staff were friendly and helpful, decor quirky, both rooms and public area spotless, and its ideally placed being just off the main street. Breakfasts excellent too.
Cannot say more than has been said in all the other reviews, this is just perfect place to cool off in between taking in fantastic Budapest.
Would recommend learning a bit of the history of Hungary if you don't already know it before you go, it went a long way to help us get into the Budapest "vibe"

1  Thank Sconie1
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Sconie,

I am elated to read you had an unforgettable birthday at Casati Budapest Hotel and that your experience has left you mesmerized with our property. Additionally, I am pleased you appreciated the immaculate service provided to you by our staff. It was a pleasure to us that we could celebrate with you this important event.
Thank you again, and I look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Casati Budapest Hotel

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights with my partner for my birthday and was not disappointed. The staff were friendly and attentive from the start and consistently so throughout our stay. We loved our room and the bed was more comfy than my own at home. Breakfast was very tasty and lots to choose from. The coffee was particularly great. There is even a place in the courtyard for smokers, which may seem silly but it is nice that everyone is catered for. Ended up getting engaged whilst staying at the Casati hotel and we will be back for certain. Can not fault a thing. Thankyou to all the lovely staff at the Casati also.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah Louise D
Gabor E, Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Reading such a glowing recommendation of our service and genuine care and comfort makes everyone in our team immensely proud. My team were very happy to read your comments about their excellent service. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.
With renewed thanks,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a calm quiet boutique hotel in an elegant neighborhood. The location is perfect with the Opera House, historic coffee houses, popular restaurants and a small park a short walk away. Nearby, there is a grocery store for snacks and a take-out salad bar deli. I found the neighborhood quiet and relaxing.

The historic and fun M1 subway line takes you easily to the tourist areas and also up to the City Park, zoo, Art Museum and famous Szechenyi Baths. You can connect to other Metro lines and trams. I went to performances at the far away Palace of Arts and had no problem getting there by subway and tram.

The breakfast was excellent. I stayed eight nights and never tired of the selections. There were many healthy things for my vegetarian daughter to eat.

The staff were helpful and well informed. The guests were from may countries and were all very courteous.

After eight nights, I really felt that this was my own neighborhood and can't wait to return to the Casati Budapest Hotel.

Room Tip: My room was on a high floor overlooking the courtyard and was very quiet.
3  Thank galacosmos

Thank you for your remarkable review. I am pleased you enjoyed so many of the attributes that make up Casati Budapest Hotel to be one of the best boutique hotels in Budapest. It is also a pleasure knowing that you were impressed with our location, and the delightful breakfast, where we try to satisfy all the needs our guests might need, including vegetarians or celiac disease.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a lovely time, spending a weekend in Budapest at the Casati Hotel. We agree with all the possitive postings on this website: Great location, beautifull and clean rooms, good quality breakfast included in the roomrate and, very important, really comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am thrilled you were impressed with the hotel. Moreover, that you enjoyed not just our lovely rooms, but our fineness breakfast. Your recommendation is much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to Casati Budapest Hotel.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Casati Hotel. The room was very clean and modern, larger than we had expected and had a lovely bathroom. Even though we arrived in the middle of the night we were greeted with a warm welcome and all of the hotel staff remained very friendly and helpful throughout, dealing with numerous requests for advice and reservations etc. without hesitation. The building has a really nice intimate feel to it being a smallish boutique hotel. The decor in the common areas is stylish, unique and clearly maintained to the same high standards as the rooms. The buffet style breakfast was delicious and a really good way to start the day.

The only very minor negatives we had were:

-Some of the hot breakfast food appeared to run out and not be replenished within the last hour of breakfast
-The very large double bed was actually made up of two singles pushed together with two individual duvets and we would have preferred a normal double

Neither of these very small concerns would be enough to stop us returning to enjoy the excellent hospitality on offer at the Casati Hotel when we inevitably return to Budapest in the future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Casati Budapest Hotel. It is always exciting to read positive feedback from our guests’ as it lets me know we are on the right path as providing excellent service to our guests. I am pleased you appreciated the impeccable service provided to you by our staff.
I also appreciate your recognition of our real architectural treasure, our unique designed rooms.
Thank you again, and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Casati hotel is is perfectly located to visit most of the tourist sites and other thigns by foot in about 30-45 min. maximum. Metro Station is also around the corner as well.
The staff was super nice and helpfull all the time. The rooms were clean, the bath/toilet was in very good condition also. The breakfast was super, and the hotel is realy interesting from the inside aswell as the inner quite backyard.
All in all we had a super good stay in the hotel and when we visit budapest the next, we will stay in the Casati Hotel again for sure.

Room Tip: The rooms to the inneryard of the hotel are quiter as the rooms faced to the street, specialy on wee...
1  Thank Philipp v
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I am honoured and excited to read that you think Casati Budapest Hotel is where you would stay in next time. I appreciate your kind remarks about our exceptional design and our prudently prepared breakfast. Our goal is to create a significant boutique hotel in Budapest and I am delighted to know we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you again, and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Casati Budapest boutique hotel was a delightful surprise. Great location not far from one of the main shopping streets and close to major tram and bus lines. Within walking distance of the river and even closer to a busy restaurant area. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room was a delight; it had a living wall of plants and was visually very inviting. The room was spacious and well-designed, one of the best we experienced on our five week trip through eastern and central Europe. This is what a boutique hotel should be. Will definitely stay there again.

Our only issue was the dim hall ways to our third floor room. We prefer to take the stairs when we can. The hotel has auto light sensors which come on a bit too late as you climb the stairs, leaving the steps rather dark even in daytime. Also, a lack of hooks in the bathroom and, as with most hotels today, inadequate stands for placing open luggage (2 cases).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We were over the moon to read how favourably we compared to the Boutique hotels you stayed at before. I am also very happy that you enjoyed all the little extras that we provide to ensure all our guests have a memorable experience. Additionally, please know that your comments regarding the lights in the dim hall ways are well noted and being taken care. Your comments are much appreciated and I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

With renewed thanks,