“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Casati Hotel is in a brilliant location; it is walking distance to some wonderful parts of Budapest.

The rooms and whole hotel have a beautifully unique character. We stayed for 6 nights and really enjoyed our time here. We were impressed with the service of the lovely staff, as well as the delicious and good range of breakfast (you can even have a glass of bubbly!)

If/when we return to Budapest, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gabor E, Ügyvezető igazgató at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Aimee,

I am honoured and excited to read that you think Casati Budapest Hotel is where you would stay in next time. I appreciate your kind remarks about our exceptional design and our prudently prepared breakfast. Our goal is to create a significant boutique hotel in Budapest and I am delighted to know we have exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again, and I look forward to your return.

Gabor Erdos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kortrijk, Belgium
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in this hotel and it was a wonderful experience. Casati hotel has a very artistic look, with the eclectic combination of different sorts of furniture items and different wall paintings in every room. Our room was very clean and large, with a nice painting of a fish on the wall, some very artistic chairs and an extremely comfortable shower. The room was equipped with airconditioning.
The staff were very kind and helpful. There was only a slight inconvenience: the staff would not less us call to our family in Belgium, even though we were obviously willing to pay for it.
Casati hotel is very close to the Opera, located at Andrassy Avenue, one of the main boulevards of Budapest.
The breakfast was just great, with everything you can imagine (continental breakfast, English breakfast, cornflakes, cake, hot chocolate, coffee, espresso, fruit juices, fruit,...). Top of the bill was the nice look of the breakfast room, actually a covered courtyard. Be warned though, it can be quite hot in there. Also, do not believe the weather reports written on a little 'hotel newspaper' every day. If we would have believed it, we would have faced heavy thunderstorms each day, which was not at all the case.
Altogether, we would highly recommend this hotel. You will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BDKBelgium
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Casati hotel is an excellent place to stay at! Rooms are clean and nicely arranged. The reception was very nice, we could leave our luggage one day in advance because we did a bike-trip, so it was very convenient.
The breakfast was just incredible, and in a beautiful room too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Léa,

Thank you for your patronage and I am truly grateful for the positive review that you have shared with us. It is also a pleasure knowing that you were impressed with the breakfast area and the maid service.
I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was modern, clean, cheerful and had an extensive fresh breakfast everyday. It is one block from Andrassy which is a main street, with lots of good restaurants and shopping. It is also a 5-10 minute walk from many of the sites. We stayed there for 3 nights and would highly recommend it. The front desk people were very helpful. We stayed on the second floor facing an inner court yard and had absolutely no noise issues.

Room Tip: I guess ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Diane,

Thank you for sharing your endearing review. It is exciting to hear about the extraordinary experiences you encountered at Casati Budapest Hotel as. I am also delighted that our fresh breakfast was the perfect way to begin each day of your stay.
Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,
Zabbar, Malta
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days in Casati hotel. It was nice and extremely clean, in a quiet area, and close to the Opera metro station. Actually close to many other sites and one can easily walk around.
The street might look a bit dark and quiet at night but it was safe and no one bothered us.
Otherwise, nice staff (spoke good English), comfortable bed, and good breakfast.
Good value as well!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Elaine,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed the aesthetics of our contemporary resort and the alluring amenities across our property. I am also thrilled you found our dedicated staff to be hospitable during your stay.

Please know that your comments are truly valued and I look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

What an amazing hotel in a beautiful city! Upon arrival we were immediately welcomed and checked into the great space. The room was extremely clean, large and had a great city-vibe decor. The breakfast area was so cute, the breakfast options plentiful, and it was a great place to begin each day. Every aspect of the hotel offered a great place to begin a day of sightseeing in Budapest and end on a relaxing note. They even have a small art gallery next to the entrance of the hotel which added to the overall atmosphere. The hotel is walking distance to all the major sites and has some really great restaurants that we walked to in about 10 minutes. The surrounding area of the hotel was nice as it seemed more like a neighborhood (all while a street away from the action) and a nice area to come back to after a long day. All the recommendations made by the hotel were fantastic. This is a perfect hotel for visitors to the city!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VictoriaNYC06
Gabor E, Ügyvezető igazgató at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Victoria,

Thank you for choosing Casati Budapest Hotel as your resort destination. I am overjoyed by your feedback and am pleased that the ambiance within our resort and our location was excellent for you and you think Casati Budapest is the perfect choice. Additionally it is good to know that you were satisfied with the recommendation by the reception, they work hard to get the best and up to date information's about the city.
Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back.
With renewed thanks,
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The loudest hotel I have ever stayed in. I booked my room little over a month in advance and they could not fulfill my request of "high floor, quiet room". They gave me THE loudest room. From my room I could hear the phone from downstairs ring every time it did. The put me on the first floor. I was between two very "in and out" people's rooms. They were constantly chatting loudly in the halls and entering their rooms between 10pm - 12am repeatedly. I was also put in a room next to the elevator... and the stairs. People use the stairs for sure here. Oh but there's more.. I was also right across the smokers lounge where I can hear people coming in and out and opening the doors while talking loudly. Also as for being on the first floor, I was above the breakfast room, so early in the morning I hear silver ware and plates being collected and arranged between 630-7am. My room faced the street so I heard garbage men collecting trash, cars rushing by, and people yelling on the streets. The windows are not sound proof as advertised. By all means avoid room 12. I paid a lot for my stay and surprised they could not acknowledge my request for a high floor when I booked so far in advance. They did apologize with a fruit tray though, but still.

The manager said to contact I him if I needed anything and I did. A room change. Unfortunately he was not willing to fulfill this request either because of the amount of people the other extra room is for. Two. I am one. The next available option was this same room I have only one floor higher with all the same noise issues, but a very stale smoke smell hallway because that lounge door was left open. No thank you.

If you're going to stay here, I'm suggesting you beg to be on a high floor. Floors 3 and up. I'm sorry to say though that I will look elsewhere on my return to Budapest.

Positives: Great breakfast, comfortable room. Friendly staff. Peter and Tunde were very nice and went out of their way for me.

Also, I can recommend setting up pick-up from train station or drop off at the airport. They did well with this task.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank travelnutt1
Gabor E, Vezető at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Denaeeex3,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Please note that we take your feedback seriously and we will focus on improving. I am sorry for your inconveniences.
Usually we can fulfill extra requests and we put single travelers in double rooms. As the Formula 1 race took place during this week-end which is the busiest period at hotels in Budapest we had to give you the same room type you had booked and there was really no chance for an upgrade which we usually do when possible.
Casati is a quiet hotel. With 25 rooms, we do not have too many guests at the same time, and Paulay is a side street with almost no traffic. However I can understand that people chatting in front of the room door may be disturbing, it really does not happen often at all.
I do apologize for the inconveniences you have had during your stay and please accept a 30% discount of your next stay in order for us to be able to prove that we can fulfill your expectations.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again at Casati.