“Be aware”

Ranked #281 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Kraków
“Be aware”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have stayed there only 3 days but it is enough to be sure will never come back. I suppose to receive bottle of wine during check in (nothing). Front Desk guy checked me in with cigarete in his hand (it is 100% non-smoking hotel as far as I know reding email sent from hotel). Room dity with lots of ants. Breakfast - terrible. They knew I am comming with two kids and gave me room on highest floor. I came to Budapest only to explore city. After breakfast I did come back to hotel at 11pm. If you plan to sleep only hotel is fine enough. Do not book room with breakfast

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HubNiz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we were pleased to see it was situated on a main road, and not down a little side road. Despite having to carry our suitcases up 3 flights of stairs (luckily they were cabin size!) We were more than happy with our room. We were facing the busy road, but it was not overly noisy when the windows were shut. The bed sheets were clean, which is always my number 1 priority, and the rest of the room was clean. The gentlmen on reception was extremely helpful, he contacted Gellert Spa for us and arranged all the tickets, and when we couldn't arrange a massage there he recommended a masseuse that came to the hotel. Much cheaper and it was an hour of being in heaven! And it was easy to walk into the centre, about 20-30 minutes along the river! We were really happy with our cheap accommodation for the weekend.

1 Thank rvallen
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Hotel was good and also room was clean. But breakfast was terrible. They has cheese and salami. But wasnt good. And juice taste like a water. Location is good. There is train station front of hotel. And you can walk to downtown. (20min)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was there in two nights and have to say that it was a horrible experience!

Location is maybe okay, but you still need to use a public transport/taxi to go to the City Center, so, same money you can find a better hotel closer to the City Center.

My suitcase weighed about 35 kg, and hotel was not even at the elevator!
The room was on the fourth floor and the stairs were very very narrow.

Room was cut off electricity during the evening and I had to pack my bags again and go to a new room where i did not even have toilet paper or towels!

The room was facing the street where came a loud noise all night!

The breakfast was a big joke!

Are They ever heard of the food cold chain?!
I guess not, besauce they kept all the breakfast suplies in a warm, in a tables!
Sausages, cheese, milk, etc held in a warm in a hours and I do not dare to eat coz a stomach flu fear!

Room Tip: Avoid, but if you have to go there, ask for a room the inner courtyard side without breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Salomaa

Travellers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked this hotel via a easy-jet holiday deal (cheap, cheap!) and stayed for four nights to attend a conference and do some sight-seeing. The hotel is very basic and is situated in the midst of strip clubs and student-esque bars. The Interior was shabby in places. Transport links were good, with a tram stop outside and the metro close by. The market hall is a short walk away and well worth a visit. The Holocaust Museum is also v. close. Other attractions can prove a bit of a trek to get to unless using public transport which proved easy enough to navigate.

As I spent very little time in the hotel, it met my needs. Should you be a family, or a couple who may wish to linger, I'd recommend spending more and going elsewhere.

Room Tip: I slept in room 40. The bathroom ventilation system hums constantly! Flip side was in drowned out st...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Victoria S
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed there in March 2012 (not June 2012) as part of a tour group and shared a room with two others. Biggest complaint was it overlooked the very busy and smelly Ferenc Körüt near the Petöfi bridge. Many "iffy" businesses (strip bars, ethnic restaurants, "dollar" stores) nearby makes the neighborhood rather seedy looking. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families. Rooms are large and basic but have clean linens and bathrooms. Shower head was broken and difficult to use. Breakfast was adequate with artificial orange juice and weak coffee along with sandwich meats, cheese and basic bread. One big plus: staff are friendly and English speaking.

Room Tip: Insist on a room that faces the interior courtyard (which does look nice) or at least faces the back...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SqkrTeddy
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I went to this hotel on a hen do - and lets just say, I won't be going back in a hurry! It was alright, and for the purposes of our trip it was OK - we weren't really there all that much. However - I wouldn't recommend going if you are a couple or looking for any sort of luxury!
It is run down, and desperately needs some money spending on it. Breakfast was a little bit of a joke, there was bread, processed meat, jams, yoghurt or cereal - basically I ate bread and butter and I am really not a fussy eater......
We had four rooms, and ironically they were all ok apart from ours. The rooms themselves are big - and have nice big windows - but they all smelled musty and moth balled. They were clean though and that should be noted. Unfortunately there was a really bad smell of sewage coming from our toilet - it was pretty grim and made it hard to stay in there for any period of time! Also the shower flooded the whole room when you used it and sprayed everything in sight so you couldn't keep any clothes or towels in the room when you washed - we ended up using the other girls bathrooms - which seemed fine.
Admittedly we could have asked to change rooms - but it was so cheap, and we were there for so little time, we just didn't bother.
For a hen do - it was fine, but for a holiday. Not great unfortunately.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends