1,087 results
All reviews jewish quarter great location walking distance bars and restaurants ruin bars hotel is located rooms are small your luggage recommend this hotel stayed here for nights the breakfast area breakfast was delicious city break clean hotel night life on foot air conditioning
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

After a visit to this hotel .I cannot believe the condition of the room carpet and bathrooms.
The dirty wall tiles in the bathroom was discracful.
Carpets needed to be changed,, Not cleaned .
Beds were clean and comfortable .
No air conditioning. After we were changed from our allacated .couldn't be bothered to change rooms again.
One Jong lady was very rude to us when we took a table on the far side of the restaurant ,as there wasn't a clean table ready for us on the near side .She was setting up. But the way she shouted and spoke to us .was unacceptable.
On our taxi drive we spoke to a joint lady who had a very similar reaction when she failed to see a member of staff to chen into the restaurant .She was propelled by her arm out of the restaurant.
She was unaware of the checking rules .She was shouted at in front of a full restaurant.
A discracful way to treat visitors.
I will certainly NOT be returning next year for my annual visit .
People be warned

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ROOMbach_Team, Director of Sales at ROOMbach Hotel Budapest Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Mrs. Mary Quigley,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay in Budapest.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconveniences you encountered during your visit and that the hotel did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your complaint is taken seriously. I have already investigated this case and I have not found any record about such technical issues at that time. I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with your air-condition. It seems you did not report it during your stay. Otherwise, we would have repaired it, because our guests' comfort is always very important to us.
I have also raised your comments with all our departments involved and I can say that we did not register any issues that you mention in the restaurant. Our colleagues make everything to ensure that our guests receive that highest level of service. We pride ourselves on our great location and our passionate and dedicated team; as you can see from the previous reviews, our visitors are delighted with the wonderful atmosphere and appreciate our attention to details as well as the service we provide. Therefore, we are not sure that the lady who joined you in the taxi, has really stayed with us.
I woul dbe glad to discuss this matter with you in further details. I kindly ask you to contact me to find a solution for your dissatisfaction.
My email address is fom@roombach.com
Best regards
Zsolt Nagy - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Nice, clean hotel that is not extravagant, and it is well-located, with a very friendly staff. This hotel is located in the Jewish quarter, and it is within walking distance of the main attractions. There are a lot of restaurants in the area.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Such a fabulous hotel! Room was beautiful, super clean & stylish. The breakfast choice was superb & delicious fresh breads everyday too! The location is second to none right in the heart of the Jewish quarter near the bars & restaurants but not so close you hear the noise. The hotel really shined though because the staff were amazing! Every single person from the maids to the front desk were friendly, kind & helpful! Id like to extend a special thank you to Gabor who was kind enough to arrange us a ‘breakfast to go’ as our airport pick up was at 3:45. Couldn’t rate this hotel highly enough, iv stayed a number of more expensive places in Budapest & RoomBach surpassed them by a mile! I will be visiting again as soon as I can! Thank you x

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank JennySarah1111
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I was somewhat disappointed in this hotel after reading the positive reviews. The pros are that it is easy to get to on the airport shuttle bus and within walking distance to points of interest, restaurants, a small grocery store and shops. Also, the breakfast is very good. However, cons include a dirty bathroom floor upon arrival, stained carpets in the room and common areas and poor, inconsistent wifi. The biggest negative for me was the noise at night, from guests talking through the very thin walls and music from the bars in the neighbourhood.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Travelgal224466
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and were especially happy with the location, which is near some ruin bars, plus an easy walk to Vörösmarty Square where there are good restaurants and where many walking tours start. There is also a great breakfast included. The rooms are really small so if you’re staying for any length of time you many want to get the bigger room. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Overall a great hotel at a really good price.

Date of stay: July 2018