“Excellent hotel in the heart of Budapest!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Parlament

Hotel Parlament
Ranked #6 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent hotel in the heart of Budapest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and had an amazing experience from the start to the very end. Everything was just perfect and the staff really cared and made their best to make sure we had all we needed and more! Rooms are spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. Beds very comfortable and size of the rooms are great. The breakfast that is included is very good as well, all is fresh and very tasty. Cannot recommend this place enough, I´ll be back for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lallarebecca
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear „lallarebecca”,

First and foremost let me thank you again for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest. I am so happy to read your wonderful feedback about your stay and „amazing experience” in our Hotel.
I am pleased that you were satisfied with your room’s cleanliness, size and comfort of bed. Furthermore I am delighted to hear that with our rich buffet breakfast you had a fresh start each day of your city break.
Last but not least thank you also for your kind compliment of our team. It was our pleasure to host you recently and to contribute to memorable stay from the very first minute you entered our hotel until your departure.
We are already looking forward to your next visit!
With best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marin County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We spent five nights in September and were very impressed. The staff went out of their way, they genuinely cared about our needs. The rooms were nicely decorated and very modern, everything worked. Oh, and forgot to rave about the breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Budapest. The location is perfect, close to everything. Great value.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John M
Dear „John M”,

Allow me to thank you for sharing your kind feedback about your recent stay in our Hotel Parlament.
I am happy to read that our central location, the quality and selection of our breakfast buffet, the style, cleanliness and equipment of our rooms have all met your approval and you have had a nice stay with us.
Thank you for recognizing our staff’s service minded attitude as well. I am glad that we could be at your disposal while in Budapest.
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.
With kind regards,
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We spent 5 nights in this hotel and it was a good experience.
The room was comfortable and the facilities were fine (WiFi, sauna, jacuzzi, etc).
The breakfast was very good with a good assortment of cold and hot food and beverages.
All the personnel was very helpful and polite.
The receptionists did a good job in facilitating our stay in Budapest, giving good help and advice in numerous issues.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antonio D
Dear „Antonio D”,

I would like to thank you for staying in our Hotel Parlament during your recent stay in Budapest.
It is so delightful to read that our team could indeed contribute to an enjoyable stay for you and you consider our hotel a „good place to stay”. I am pleased to read that you were also satisfied with your room and the quality of its facilities and with our breakfast buffet offer.
I truly hope that as soon as you return to our lovely capital of Budapest we will have the honour to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament.
North East England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband between 15-17th Oct for a city break. We were not disappointed, the hotel was beautiful. On arrival at the check-in desk the staff were very helpful and any staff that walked past us acknowledged us with a friendly "hello".
We were in room 308, it was very modern and spacious. It had everything in that we needed, room safe, hairdryer, toiletries, mini fridge, tv. The bathroom (had only a shower, no bath) was modern and clean, this suited us perfect! It was a very comfortable room.
The dining area, again was clean and modern. It served a breakfast buffet, with a choice of cereal, hot items( omelettes, fried eggs, sausage, tomatoes, bacon), and cold meats, cheeses, yogurts, fruit. Lots of different breads and pastries. The coffee machine served very nice coffee, it had a good choice of different coffees to chose from. The staff in this area were also very nice and helpful.
There was a lounge to sit in through the day where we could get free tea, coffee and bottled water. It came in very handy the second day as it was raining all day and we were glad to come back in for a nice hot drink to dry off! This room was also the bar at night.
There was only one lift but seeing as there is only 64 bedrooms it was fine, we never waited more than 2 mins for the lift, unlike the larger hotels where you wait forever!!
We wanted to do the hop on hop off bus tour so we asked at the front desk, they told us that we could buy the tickets there at the front desk. It was 5000 forints for the ticket, that was valid for 2 days bus tours ( red bus, or yellow bus or you can go on both) and a boat trip that lasts an hour. We done the red bus, we were on it for over two hours. I would very much recommend doing one of these tours as it lets you see all the beautiful places that you wouldn't have time to do on a short break. Then if you liked something then you could back to explore it later as we did. We walked back the next day across the chain bridge to get the funicular railway up the hillside to the castle at the top of Buda side. It was lovely views over Pest side while going up.
Getting to and from the hotel from the airport was easy. We caught the bus from outside the airport 200E that fare was 350 forints (£1) then we got off at the metro station number 3 line. We caught the metro train 3 to Budapest City that also cost 350 forints(£1). It was about a 10-15 minute walk from the station to the hotel. It was very easy to find.
We had a brilliant time and if we ever came back to Budapest we would definitely stop at this hotel again. Thank you

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank annjodan
Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The staff at this hotel are superb. The rooms are fine, the only drawback being that the AC is off after October 1st, you will need to open your balcony door to cool the room. This lets in noise and may impact the quality of sleep.
Breakfast is good, but the coffee used is not the greatest.
The location of the hotel is good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RT_Aramcon
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear „RT_Aramcon”,
Thank you for your valuable feedback about your recent stay in our Hotel Parlament. I am pleased to read that you have had an enjoyable time in our Hotel. I am glad that you were satisfied with your room, with our central location and with our breakfast buffet.
I am sorry to hear that because of the AC was not available anymore during your stay you experienced some inconveniences. I truly hope though that in spite of this drawback you have nice memories of your stay and that we will soon have the pleasure again to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Bottom line: fantastic hotel! In more detail:

1) I made the reservation through booking.com in May. I chose to pay during check-out and did not have to submit a deposit in order to secure my booking. Since the reservation was for a two-night stay in late September, I was concerned that during the months between booking and arriving, the reservation would be lost. Hotel Parlament put my mind at ease by sending me a welcome email one week before our arrival.

2) We were a group of 6: me and my boyfriend, my mum and my brother, and elderly friends of the family who were celebrating their 50th anniversary. After receiving the welcome email, I asked Hotel Parlament to arrange airport pick-up for 6 people, something nice for the couple celebrating their anniversary, and to assign us a number of different room types. Hotel Parlament answered all of my emails quickly and in a pleasant and helpful tone.

3) Upon arriving, I was happy to find all of my requests had been met. Eva, the receptionist who checked us in, was really lovely and helpful. We asked her where we could get some dinner. She suggested a nearby restaurant and before we left, without any prompt from us, she called the restaurant to check that they had space for 6 people. In my opinion, the anticipation of a customer’s needs is what transforms good service into excellent service. All of the reception staff had a friendly manner and a wish-to-assist attitude.

4) The rooms were bright, modern and clean. There were no carpets in the room, which I liked because it felt cleaner. It was probably the first time I have ever walked barefoot in a hotel room! The only thing which my boyfriend and I did not like in our double room was the bathroom door. It was made from frosted glass and had a very slight gap between the door and the frame. The slight gap meant that it was quite easy to hear the other person in the bathroom, and because the sink was right next to the door, our silhouettes could also be easily seen through the frosted glass. Yes, we are a couple but we would still like some privacy from each other when it comes to bathroom activities! The bathroom in my mum and brother’s twin room was much better. The door was in the far corner of the room, unlike ours which was in front of the beds, and their bathroom was much bigger, so they were never going to be close to the door.

5) The location of Hotel Parlament is excellent. The street is very quiet but it is still very close to the stunning parliament buildings and the riverfront. There is a park nearby, next to which there are some nice-looking restaurants. We also found an Aldi supermarket just a few streets away, which was useful.

6) You can help yourself to free tea and coffee either from the lounge or from the breakfast area throughout the day. This was a welcome facility after a day of sightseeing. The breakfast has a good variety of food and drink – hot food, breads, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, different types of tea and coffee, juice, and even some kind of fizzy alcoholic drink! The only downside would be the small amount of space in the buffet area and the number of tables available for the number of people which can be accommodated by the hotel.

7) Check out time is 12noon. We asked if it was possible to check out of one of our three rooms at a later time due to an evening flight. Hotel Parlament was able to accommodate us and delayed the check-out time on our requested room until 2pm, free of charge.

I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely look to stay again during any future visits to Budapest.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank TAUserLondon
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear „TAUserLondon”,
Herewith I would like to express my thanks for leaving such a nice and detailed review about your recent stay in our Hotel Parlament.
I am so delighted that from the very first moment that you got in contact with our team until your departure you were satisfied with the services provided by my colleagues. I am happy that you were contented with the location of our Hotel and could explore our neighborhood and nearby sites on foot, I am also pleased to read that all the rooms have met your approval and you felt comfortable during your stay. Thank you for sharing your kind comments about the bathroom door and also about the comfort of our breakfast room’s seating and buffet area. Your feedback is highly appreciated as it helps us a lot in better understanding our guests’ needs in order to be able to continuously improve our product and services.
I am especially happy to read your wonderful compliments about our staff. It is great to hear that each and every one of us could be at your assistance and provide you with recommendation on how to get the most out of your special city break in Budapest from the time of booking until your check out.
On behalf of our entire team I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.
With kind regards,
Victoria BC Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Staff were extremely accommodating. Place was very clean, included breakfast was very good.Rooms were clean, beds were not as comfortable as we would of liked but adequate.Looks like the rooms recently underwent some reno's to modernize.We would stay here again.Location was good and within walking distance to River.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marlajo
Dear „marlajo”,
I would like to thank you again for staying at our Hotel Parlament during your recent visit to our lovely capital of Budapest.
I am reading it with pleasure that our central location, the cleanliness and upkeep of our rooms, the breakfast buffet offer have all met your expectations and that we could contribute to an enjoyable city break for you. I would also like to thank you for highlighting our staff’s „extremely” helpful and service minded attitude.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback! We are looking forward to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament soon!