“An Amazing Hotel & Place”
Review of Hotel Parlament

Hotel Parlament
Ranked #5 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“An Amazing Hotel & Place”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

First of all we where looking for an hotel to stay with it being my mum & dads "50th Anniversary"

I am so glad I found this hotel, the staff are all so helpful in every way !

Petra & Adele where the two dealing with my emails and my request for some lovely flowers to be put in the room for my parents arrival of course I had a budget for the flowers, but so lovely for the hotel to arrange a bottle of bubbly and a lovely fruit platter to go with such a lovely room !!

On check in we met with the amazing Eva who was such a glamorous well spoken lady and so helpful throughout our stay which was not long enough lol just Mon to Thursday but of course we all would love to come back maybe in the spring job well done by this lady 110%

Breakfast was so good something for everyone and who ever cooked those fried eggs everyday just got them so perfect ...... Breakfast staff Peter & Seiloi work so hard in keeping all the tables so clean and tidy and so friendly and always smiling ;-)

The hotel is amazing and the spa area is very useful for a relax and a chill out any time of day or eve ..

Free tea water etc between set times just amazing but I would like to see a small kettle in each room, my mum loves a cup of tea in bed each morning before breakfast this is not a fault just a recommendation !

Free wifi and computers in reception area in case you wanted to keep in touch with the world excellent where would we all be without wifi

We thank you all

From

Team Muddiman

Room Tip: My room was 302 I had a balcony - my mums room was 501 with a window but bigger bed i think lol bot...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear „mudd1”,
Thank you very much for your praising words about your recent experiences in our Hotel Parlament!
I am so happy to hear that your parents’ 50th anniversary went so well and that we were able to contribute a special memory with our services.
I am glad that you were satisfied with your rooms, that you have enjoyed the rich buffet breakfast and could get a healthy fresh start each day of your stay. Furthermore I am delighted that you could take advantage of our complimentary services such as our spa services, and that you could relax a bit after your busy days of sightseeing.
Most of all I am pleased to read your wonderful review about my colleagues at the reception and breakfast room who were at your disposal during your stay. I am sure that they will be happy to read your kind compliments.
On behalf of our team I would like to thank you again for choosing our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest. I sincerely hope that we will indeed have the pleasure to welcome you and your family members back again in our Hotel soon!
With kindest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Best reception staff I have ever met, including tips, arrangements, calls for different touristic locations and anything a tourist needs in a foreign country with a language you don't understand.
Really made us feel at home". Very rich breakfast, with free italian-taste capuccino all day long. Free Wi-Fi all around the hotel with good reception. Great central location.Super-clean room large & convenient. We'll definitely come back to this Hotel next time we're arround!! Just go for it!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear “eitan b”,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay in our Hotel Parlament!
I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with our Hotel and with the services provide. It is the greatest pleasure for us to know that we were indeed able to make you feel like home during your stay. Thank you for your kind compliments about our reception staff; I am glad that they could provide useful tips and recommendations for you on how to get the most out of your city break in Budapest.
We are already looking forward to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament soon!
Mahone Bay, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We only stayed one night but were very impressed with the friendliness of the front desk and cleanliness of our rooms. We liked that it had no carpets and had towel warmers in the bathroom....what a treat!
We had to leave at 5:30 am to catch our flight and they very kindly arranged a reputable taxi and made us a delicious lunch to take with us since we missed their breakfast ...we were very impressed with their thoughtfulness.
The hotel is close to attractions and while it had an old facade it was very modern inside.The price was very reasonable and this hotel is definitely one to return to in Budapest

Room Tip: The front desk is very willing to help with all requests and is wonderful returning emails.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna A
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear „Anna A”,
Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest. I am pleased to read that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were „impressed” with our reception staff and their welcoming services. It was a real pleasure hosting you and would be great if we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon for a little longer period of time.
Thank you for your valuable and kind feedback!
Buckinghamshire, England
Reviewed 12 December 2013

From the first cheerful greeting to the last I could not fault this hotel. The reception staff are friendly/knowledgeable and will go out of their way to ensure you get the bet from their City, giving you tips etc. Breakfast was wonderful. Plenty of choice including choice of fruit, cereal, cooked, breads cheeses. Only seats 40 people at any one time and only once during our stay did we see someone having to wait 10 minutes for a table.
The rooms do not have tea/coffee making facilities but there is an area near reception where you can get hot drinks all day until 5 p.m. - courtesy of the hotel and then on the breakfast floor 24 hours a day.
The hotel is exceptionally clean. Small spa area which was welcome at the end of a long day sighseeing.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
We had room 101 which is on the non smoking floor. Quite firm bed.
The hotel is located about 10 minutes stroll to the Parliament and about 8 to the Opera.
Enjoy

Room Tip: We stayed on the non smoking floor on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diamond2904
Dear „Diamond2904”,
I would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel Parlament here on Tripadvisor.
I am so delighted that you have felt good from the very first moment you entered our Hotel until your departure. It was really nice to stay at your disposal with recommendations and tips on how to get the most out of your Budapest city break.
I am also pleased to read that our central location, the overall cleanliness of the Hotel as well as our plentiful buffet breakfast could also contribute to an enjoyable couple of days here at our Hotel Parlament for you.
It is very nice that you had time to use our complimentary wellness facilities and could relax a bit after a long day of sightseeing.
I sincerely hope that we will indeed have the pleasure to welcome you and your guests in our Hotel soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights over a weekend. Great location, within walking distance of plenty of restaurants and bars. Rooms were clean and modern - the reception was also very helpful during out stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear „Gouse89”,
Thank you for your kind feedback about your recent weekend getaway at our Hotel Parlament.
I am pleased that you were satisfied with our Hotel’s central location, with the cleanliness and design of your room and above all I am happy that our reception staff could stay at your disposal during your stay.
It would be great to welcome you back again soon for a little longer period of time!
Derby
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We recently had a short city break to Budapest and stayed at this Best Western. Service was excellent which started with the way they handled our email enquiry. Upon arriving at the hotel we were greated by a lovely lady on reception who gave us a most comprehensive introduction to the hotel and the local area. Room was very nice. Breakfast was also excellent. Throughout our stay we received good service from everyone – reception, chambermaids, bar and restaurant. Up until 5.00 you can take tea or coffee in the bar. At other times it was available in the breakfast area. Although initially it looks as if the hotel is a bit remote it is actually very central. A relatively short work to the Parliament building and Chain Bridge. We used the hop on – hop off bus to get our orientation but tended to walk most places. A lovely hotel and we will certainly be using it again. Thanks to all at the hotel for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on a high floor as other reviews suggested they were quiet. We also had good wifi connecti...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank anythingwilldo_9
Dear „anythingwilldo_9”,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel Parlament for your short city break stay in Budapest.
I am delighted to read all your kind words about our services; it is indeed the greatest pleasure for us that we could make your stay memorable and enjoyable from the very first email enquiry until your departure.
I am reading it with great pleasure that you were satisfied with our Hotel’s central location, with your room; with our rich buffet breakfast and also that you could take advantage of our complimentary coffee service throughout your stay.
In case you may need any future assistance we are all pleased to stay at your disposal. Looking forward to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament soon!
Kindest regards,
Warkworth, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed. For three nights at this hotel. The staff are 100%' helpful, knowledgable and polite. It is the best we have stayed at in our 5 week tour so far of Europe. It is close to everything, good restaurants close by. We highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear „Margnz”,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback about your experiences in our Hotel Parlament. I am so happy that you could take advantage of our central location and could easily explore the neighbouring sites restaurants etc.
I am especially thankful for your kind words concerning our staff. It was a pleasure having you in our Hotel Parlament recently and would indeed be lovely to welcome you back again soon.
With kind regards,