“What a little gem of a hotel”
Review of Hotel Parlament

Hotel Parlament
Ranked #5 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“What a little gem of a hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel with a friend recently. What a lovely little hotel. The staff are the friendliest and most courteous of any hotel I have stayed in all over the world. We were allocated the wrong room to start with, but this was soon rectified and our belongings moved to the new room while we were out sight seeing. The location is very good in a quiet area, but near to restaurants, bus stops and metro. The breakfast is fantastic with everything you could want. It is a nice touch to have free tea, coffee, lemonade, water and snacks available during the day. There was free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the airport and take us back at a reasonable charge. Our room was very nice with a large balcony. Towels changed daily and very clean. Someone earlier said the beds were hard, but I would say firm and very comfortable. We only got home today, but have already received an email apologising for the mix up with the room. I would thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: You can either have a room with a balcony and a showeror a room with a bath but no balcony. If you h...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear “David A”,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving your nice review here on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our Hotel’s location, with your room’s comfort and cleanliness, with our rich buffet breakfast and with the complimentary services such as Happy Hours in our Lounge Bar and WIFI throughout the Hotel.
Above all I am so happy to see that my colleagues could contribute to your memorable stay with their friendly and polite services.
Thank you for staying with us! We are already looking forward to host you during your future stay in Budapest.
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Finland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Me and My wife were in Hotel Parlament 30.7.-4.8. (5 nights). We really enjoyed our stay in Hotel Parlament. Breakfast was really good, also found the salmon in the breakfast buffet, which was really nice.. We were living in the room 210, which was good size and calm.

The housekeeping did very good job and the service at the hotel was amazing in every level. I give very seldom five point for the hotel, but this time it was pleasure to do.

Thanks again the Hotel Parlament and please keep up the good work! Specially thanks for the manager of the reservation. :)

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony. We lived in the second floor and every room I saw there were excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear “Tene75”,
First and foremost let me thank you again for choosing our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest. I am happy to read that we were able to provide you with a room that was most suitable with your needs. Thank you very much for your kind compliments regarding our housekeeping team and their thorough daily work, and thank you also for highlighting our team as a whole and their attentive and “amazing” services.
We are already looking forward to welcome you back to our Hotel Parlament hopefully in the near future.
Thank you for your delightful review again.
Best wishes,
milano
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I feel obliged to write this review to thank all the personnel at the Parlament HOtel for the wonderful stay.

Let me list some key success factor of this hotel:

1. Room: very neat, bright and clean
2. Bathroom: same as above (only tip: maybe complimentary slippers would be appreciated)
3. Breakfast: the best ever, highest quality combined with fresh fruit and vegetables.
4. Position: 3min walk from the Parlament, 5min from the Underground. Very convenient to reach any place easily
5. Personnel: ALways smiling and keen to help the customer. Thank you to everyone
6. plus: the complimentary lemonade offers a delicious refreshment during a hot summer day...:)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear “StudentelloMilano”,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your recent stay in our Hotel Parlament.
I am so glad to read that you consider our Hotel the “best hotel you have visited so far”. Your compliment is highly appreciated and it makes us very proud that we could meet your expectations.
Thank you also for detailing your remarks about our services. I am delightful to see that you were satisfied with your room’s cleanliness, with the selection and quality of our buffet breakfast and with our central location. I am happy that you could take advantage of our free homemade lemonade as well and could refresh yourself after your sightseeing.
Above all I would like to thank you for your compliments concerning our team. It was a real pleasure to host you in our Hotel Parlament and I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back as our regular guest in the not too distant future.
Thank you again for you valuable feedback.
Kindest regards,
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Excellent hotel in a good location with a very pleasnt atmosphere. Beautiful old building with all the modern amenities and very tastefully furnished. Really good breakfast. Staff at reception very polite and friendly, all speak excellent English.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear „Jela2702”,
Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay in our Hotel Parlament.
I am reading it with pleasure that our location, the decor and style of our Hotel, the rich buffet breakfast have all met your expectations and these could all contribute to an enjoyable stay for you.
Thank you also for highlighting our staff’s friendly and service minded attitude. It was a pleasure to host you in our Hotel Parlament and we truly hope that you will consider staying with us again as soon as your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.
With kind regards,
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Fabulous boutique city hotel. On a quiet side street yet only a few minutes walk down to the river and the hustle and bustle of the bars and restaurants situated around the Basilica. Budapest is a facinating city and the staff at the hotel were more than happy to help with any questions you had about getting around the city and the best tours to take. Would be more than happy to stay here again when we return to Budapest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear „Carol b”,
First of all thank you for choosing our Hotel Parlament for your recent city break in Budapest.
I am reading it with great pleasure that you found our capital „fascinating” and could get the most out of your holiday.
It is also nice to hear that you were satisfied with our Hotel’s central yet quiet location and could easily start your tours and sightseeing from us. Thank you for your kind words concerning our team’s helpful and service minded attitude. It was indeed a pleasure to assist you with useful recommendations during your stay.
I sincerely hope that you will plan to return to our city so that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in our Hotel Parlament.
With best regards,
Bristol
Reviewed 1 August 2014

From the beginning all our needs were accomodated. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Location is perfect and breakfast is fantastic.
We went for my partner's birthday and we had a bottle if champagne and chocolates on arrival waiting in the room.

I hope we have to return to Budapest and I will definitely stay at Parlament Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear „MartaAG88”,
Let me thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with the traveller community of Tripadvisor.
Your kind words are highly appreciated as it ensures us that we could contribute with our services to your memorable and enjoyable stay in Budapest.
I am happy to read that our central location and the quality and selection of our buffet breakfast have met your expectations.
Above all I am most delighted to read your praising words about our hotel staff. It was a pleasure to host you recently and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel Parlament soon.
With kindest regards,
Boston
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great hotel just outside all the noise and activity. About a15 minute walk to Vörösmarty Square. It was quite hot during our stay and the air conditioning worked great and it didn't shut off at night as some other hotels do. Not a large room but adequate. As others have noted the bathroom door is all frosted glass with about an inch space on all four sides, which I found strange. Very comfortable bed. As with most hotels we've found in Europe the towels are quite thin and on the small side. Breakfast was very good with a wide selection of foods, everything was very fresh including warm croissants. The hotel staff was outstanding, some of the nicest we have encountered.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear “Looking372”,

First and foremost thank you again for choosing our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest.
It is so nice to read that you found our downtown location convenient and could visit most attractions on foot or with the nearby public transportation. I hope that you had a memorable city break in Budapest.
I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our beds comfort and with the selection of our buffet breakfast.
Additionally let me thank you for your praising words about our hotel staff. I am happy that we could be at your assistance during your stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you back as soon as your travel plans bring you back to our capital.
Kindest regards,