“Wonderful journey in a magnificent hotel with very friendly staff!”
Review of Hotel Parlament

Hotel Parlament
Ranked #5 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Very clean and modern room with all facilities. Located near the center and close to all public transport. All staff members were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
merenyi, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2010

Dear "PhilEK_10",

On behalf of my Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament team let me thank you again for having chosen us for your city break in Budapest and also that you have taken the time to share your kind experiences and reflections here on TripAdvisor.
I was pleased to read that our clean hotel rooms, and central location have met your expectations and you have enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially delighted that you have noticed our team's helpful and friendly service minded attitude. Your comments are highly appreciated and help us a lot in improving our services continuously.

I sincerely do hope that we will have the chance to host you again in our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament in the near future when your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 August 2010

Hotel is located in a very quiet area,but there are very few restaurants in the immediate area.We had great difficlty the first night locating a resteraunt in spite of the directions from the front desk.We didnt think much of the directions the next day in daylight when we believe we would have been much better going in the opposite direction.We actually didnt feel safe as we were on deserted streets with a lot of winos hanging around. The hotel is very comfortable and the breakfast was tasty,the staff seem to work hard to keep the hotel spotless as there was always someone cleaning Bed were very comfortable but there was noise from a side street outside our bedroom which started early every morning.We were in 408. Overall our stay was enjoyable but I thihk if I was going again I would prefer a more central location such as the Marriot however I am sure I wold pay a lot more for my stay! The Parliament is certainly value for money

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2010

This is a quality hotel right from when you book in with friendly helpful reception service. The standard of the rooms are high, in both being very clean to the decor of the room.

Here are a few tips
1 The jacuzzi and steam room are on the basement and are free. Changing rooms and showers with clean towels to use
2 There is a coffee/ bar area on reception floor. Coffee and water is free to around 5.30 p.m The Bar is around £3 for a bottle of beer. Free international papers to read
3 Breakfast serves till 10 a.m. A good chiose of food to stock up on for the morning with fruit juice and coffee and a veriety of tea.

The location is about a ten minuete walk into the Cathedral/ Bar +eating area of the city

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank LiverpoolSpacecat
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We booked this hotel based on the tripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all times. We arrived quite late and the gentleman on duty recommended a local restaurant which was close and extremely good.The hotel is in a great position , quiet but within easy walking distance to all the sights. The parliament and river can be reached within about 5mins. and the Chain bridge in about 15mins. We walked everywhere, but after 3 days in 37degree heat we soon ran put of energy and the Hop-on hop-off buses are a great way to see all the sights very easily if you have missed anything. You even get a free Danube cruise (one hr) thrown in!
The breakfast buffet was situated in the basement and was one of the best we have had. It was always being replaced with fresh fruit, breads, pastries and hot stuff! Free tea, coffee and mineral water available 24hrs was a good bonus, although a kettle in the room would have been useful for an early morning cuppa!!.
All in all you could not wish for a better hotel for a short break, our room on the 4th floor was 'compact' but seeing as we didn't spend a great deal of time in it, it wasn't a problem and there were plenty of seating areas downstairs.
The bed was extremely comfortable and the air-conditioning, which in the temperatures we had on our trip (37-40deg), was extremely good and very welcome. There is also a small fridge in the room (also the mini-bar) where you could keep any water/drinks cold.
The hotel can organise transfers to the airport which we would certainly take advantage of next time. We booked our own transfers for the return trip which worked well on arrival but the guy turned up almost an hour early for the return and had to wait for us to get back to the hotel. The concierge remarked that it wouldn't have happened if we had booked via themselves direct! (and the prices were not too bad either! ~ £18-20 each way per taxi depending on exchange rates)
We found that with the high temperatures we didn't much feel like eating Hungarian food much - too heavy and a lot of it - so we tended to eat downtown in an Italian restaurant near the Basilica, called T&G Italian - it is very good with friendly staff and great tasty food - the pizza's and seafood risotto are fab.
The cinnamon flavoured speciality of 'chimney pot cake' can be bought at the end of the Vaci utac and makes a great present. very tasty.
Budapest feels a very safe city and is one of the nicest places in mainland Europe to visit and this hotel is in a perfect location to let you explore it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eye35
merenyi, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2010

Dear "eye35",

On behalf the Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament's team let me thank you again for having chosen us for your Budapest city break and thank you for your kind comments as well here on TripAdvisor!
I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with the hotel's central location; it’s comfortable, well-equipped and clean hotel rooms, the rich buffet breakfast and as well as with our complimentary services like the daily "Happy Hours" at the bar with free coffee, tea and mineral water and with our additional services such as the personalised airport taxi transfer.
Above all thank you for your kind comments about our courteous, friendly and always up to date Hotel Parlament staff.
Kindly note that your reflections are highly appreciated and important to us in order to better serve our guests needs on a high quality level.
I sincerely hope that you will chose us again when your travel plans bring you back to our lovely Budapest!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2010

Excellent hotel with a relatively quite location, yet walking distance to everything. Every detail is though of, from the design of the airy breakfast room, to the lighting system in the bedrooms (=very user friendly). The hot breakfast buffée is very good, the beds are excellent, elegant relax in the basement plus superb friendly personel makes this a great hotel. If you think of a standard Best Western normaly fully acceptable, think twice as good (at least!).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
merenyi, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2010

Dear "MRBENGTStockholm",

First and foremost thank you for taking the time and recommend our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament for the travellers’ community here on TripAdvisor!
I was delighted to read that our central location, the design of our property, our rooms' cosiness and their user friendly technical appliances, our rich buffet breakfast, and the complimentary services such as wellness room usage have met your expectations. Above all I was pleased to hear that our team’s helpful and welcoming attitude also played an important role in making your stay more enjoyable and you would gladly return to our hotel for your next visit to Budapest. We are very happy that we have such good reputation!
We sincerely all hope that we can have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back in our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament!

All the best,

Reviewed 14 July 2010

First hotel on two week trip with air-conditioning!! Yeah! Excellent rooms, very clean, modern, wonderful breakfast, staff very helpful and friendly. Great location for exploring inner cities.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Dear "Rangermurray",

Thank you again for having chosen our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament for your Budapest vacation. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with our clean, stylish and air conditioned hotel rooms, rich breakfast buffet as well as with our central location.
Moreover I do appreciate and was glad to recon that you have highlighted our team's courteousness and friendly demeanour since we are all striving to provide exceptional service to our guests and it is highly important to us to make our guest’s stay more enjoyable. We are really happy that we could make your vacation memorable and we are very much looking forward to your soon return to Budapest and to our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 12 July 2010

I travelled to Budapest for my 40th with some friends. On arrival, my travelling partner and I were given a large room but with a single double bed instead of twin beds as requested. The problem was sorted, but it took a while. The room we eventually got was much smaller, however it was clean and quiet as it faced the 'back' of the hotel.

I have stayed in many hotels and endured many experiences but I was annoyed about three things in particular:
1) The bathroom door was semi-transparent with a one inch gap around it! D'oh! Who designs something like this??? NOT a very private affair no matter how well you know your travelling partner!! The shower floor also flooded after a while resulting in standing in a few inches of (soapy) water.
2) The floor was made of wood and the bed had wheels so it moved everytime I did!
3) The lounge, bar & library areas are smoking zones which I found very unpleasant. I appreciate that Hungarian smoking rules are not strict as they are in the UK, but I honestly couldn't take it and had to leave the rooms.

All in all, a mediocre experience which was a shame as the city itself is stunning - very romantic and full of fantastic sights. The hotel's location is a little tucked away in back streets, but central enough to the river and Metro. I'm not sure I would ever go back to this hotel.

Hints: Avoid the nearby local Irish pub. What a dump! Be sure to use a map as the inner city street design can be confusing, especially at night.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank holmography

Dear "holmography",

First and foremost thank you for having chosen our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament for your city break in Budapest! I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with our central location, spotless and quiet hotel room and of course that you have found Budapest an astonishing city.
I regret to learn that our services have not met your expectations in certain aspects and let me apologize to you for all the mentioned inconveniences. I do hope though that all these hassles did not frustrate you to enjoy your birthday in Hungary. Furthermore I would like to inform you that your experiences and reflections are highly important for us to know in order to better serve our guests needs. We very much appreciate your comment and will certainly do our best to improve our products and services.
On behalf of our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament I sincerely hope that we will have the chance in the not too distant future to prove that we can serve our guests on a high quality level.

Sincerely yours,