“Great Hungarian Food with a view of the River”
Review of Corso Restaurant

Corso Restaurant
Ranked #372 of 3,384 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: If a scenic location matters to you, this is your ultimate place to be. You can rest your eyes on the Royal Castle and the Chain Bridge while enjoying truly authentic Hungarian culinary masterpieces inspired by the latest gourmand trends. The world-heritage view is even more spectacular at dinnertime, when everything is illuminated. With its delectable brunch selection, live entertainment and ever amusing Kids Corner, Corso Restaurant is "the" place to be on Sundays attracting families, couples and even corporate organized outings.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Food is very Hungarian, but menus are available in English. Food is good, try the real Hungarian specialities. Also ask for pogacsa they are simply the best. And so is dessert

Claus G, F&B Manager at Corso Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Vivienne I,
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion. I am glad that you liked the Hungarian specialities and desserts prepared in our Corso Restaurant. I am looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you with some traditional pogacsa and other culinary delights.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great terrace restaurant at the InterConti - consistently good quality, both in the bar and restaurant. They're currently doing a range of delicious lemonades, both non and alcoholic - try the cucumber it's really fresh.

Dear tryanythingonce,
Thank you for writing your comment. I am really happy that you find the quality consistently good and that you took advantage of our cooling fresh lemonades in warm summertime and recommend it to others. I hope to be at service of you on your next visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Bottom line go to Corso for some drinks on one of the relaxing couches set on the terrace. Sunset is a great time to people watch and see Budapest transition into its night lights. After drinks I would recommend leaving the view behind and heading elsewhere for dinner. For a summary of our experience read on...

I always use my many years of living in NYC as the baseline for culinary comparisons...not in a food snob way but just as someone who ate out a lot. For appetizers my wife had a Baked Mozzarella and I had Salmon Sashimi, both average. Main course my wife had Grilled Langoustine and I had an Argentinian Steak. My wife's entree was a bit better than mine but again both just ok. We asked the waiter for a recommendation on the dessert and that turned out well.

The service staff at Corso was very friendly but the actual service was quite disorganized. We witnessed a couple wait 25 minutes for a bottle of wine. Thus, we just stayed on top of our waiter and kept him moving for us. In the end the service worked out fine but we made it that way. If we had not paid attention and kept things moving it could have been somewhat frustrating.

The bill for dinner and drinks, 2 amaretto sours and 3 pilsner urquels, was 126 Euros or about $170 US not including gratuity. We could have got the view and atmosphere for the price of a few drinks.

2  Thank Chillsekr

Dear Chillsekr,
Thank you very much for taking your time writing your comment. I am glad that you enjoyed the view from our terrace in the summer. I am disappointed reading that not all the services met your expectations and perfect service delivery we would like to provide each and every occasion failed this time. Thank you for noting that the waiter's recommendation on dessert turned out well. I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you our best performance.
With best regards,
F&B Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I believe it is impossible to find an unsatisfactory restaurant at an Intercontinental, so Corso is of no exception. Excellent food and drinks toppled by exquisite deserts. Great view of the Danube river too. The service is Hungarian-style: reserved and rather stringent, yet efficient.

Claus G, General Manager at Corso Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear amk2f,
Thank you very much for taking your time writing your comment about your Corso Restaurant experience. I am really happy that you liked the food and beverage selection served Hungarian style. I am happy that the "cherry on the pie" was found to be the magical view over the river Danube. I am looking forward to be welcoming you on your next visit.
Best regards,
Claus Geisselmann

Reviewed 27 May 2014

the food was an excellent, well cooked mix of local and international. What I liked particularly was the helpfulness of the staff. Clearly they are used to large groups, and international variety of people.

Dear Sevewe,
Thank you very much for writing your comment. I am much pleased to hear that you found the food served excellent cooked both Hungarian and international style. Thank you for the compliments towards the Corso Restaurant staff recognizing various international needs. I look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you again.
With best regards,