“Gorgeous and friendly”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #27 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 11 May 2011

First maybe the only and really just very small drawback... it is not directly located at the river, but the location is still great for sightseeing and going out in the evening as it is downtown on the lively Pest side of the danube. The hotel and the rooms are gorgeous. The hotel itself has an opulent charm and could be in a James Bond movie and the rooms are very classy and modern .... just a little info: we had a king size bed and an "open" bathtub, which was huge and modern. Both great but definitely made for couples on a romantic stay and not so much for buddies on a Euro trip. There is also a nice spa with a pool, sauna, a little workout area and free tea on the -1 level, which was fun to have and open from 8.00am till quite late in the evening. All in all it is a beautiful place to stay for a special trip to Budapest

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaureenJK
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Dear Valued Guest "MaureenJK",

Thank you very much for your kind feedback placed on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest. I am delighted to see that you had a great experience with us. I am glad to see that you liked the layout of our room and I would kindly like to assure you that Boscolo New York Palace has several room categories that fulfill all our guests' needs should they stay with us on a business or leisure trip or enjoy a romantic getaway.
It is also great to see that you could enjoy the benefits our spa provides with its swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym.

There are newer reviews for Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 3 May 2011

The hotel itself exceeded expectations. We had hoped it would be closer to the river and at first were a bit off-put by the location. But that soon changed as we got oriented to the city. The service levels were at the top, the common areas exquisite and our room was lovely. It would have been nice to have WI-Fi in the new tower though.
The restaurant was outstanding - in our 3 night stay we ate there twice because the experience was so good. The wine steward made it all worth while - educating us on Hungarian wines and in general, just being an enthusiastic addition to our evening.

1  Thank 6770jubileerd

Dear Valued Guest "6770jubileerd",

Thank you very much for your time spent on placing your kind comment on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest.
I am glad to see that we could go out of our way and exceed your expectations. As you mentioned, Boscolo New York Palace is nopt right next to river Danube, but the riverbank can be reached very easily and the hotel has central location and is in close proximity to all major sights in Budapest.
It is my pleasure to see that our restaurant charmed you and that you had great experience as well. I am glad to see that our service could add a plus to your stay and that you had enjoyable time with us.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

I spent 4 days at the hotel and from start to finish the staff could not be more helpful . The hotel itself was beautiful and the Cafe and Salon in particular were magnificent. The meal we had in the salon was superb and the waiters enthusiasm to tell us every aspect of the wines and advise what best suited each meal was an education. The room was huge , very comfortable and spotlessly clean. I would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel and will return for another stay.

Frank King.

1  Thank mazda9

Dear Valued Guest "mazda9",

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest.
I am delighted to see that you had a great time with us. It is our pleasure to go out of our way and I am glad that we could exceed your expectations.
On behalf of our restaurant personnel I do appreciate your kind words and certainly it would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

If you are after a hotel that exudes old world charm, this is it. No expenses spared decor. Beautiful for photoalbums.
If you are an ordinary traveller that don't have a bankers salary, then, perhaps you might want to note a few pointers. They don't tell you that there is no bath, or tea making facilities. Everytime we wanted a cup of tea, it was room service. There are no ironing facilities unless you ask for it. Breakfast was decent, with a few Nouvelle cuisine type dishes, with micro herbs, ridiculous for breakfast. Front door service was perfect esp Attilla, who was so helpful and appeared really genuine about it, even without any tips. We stayed in Sofitel for 2 nights before Boscolo, that was absolutely amazing, with great views by the riverside, mind blowing breakfast and cheaper rooms then boscolo. They also had helpful fix price hotel taxi service rather then bargaining each time i came out of boscolo. Taxis in Budapest quoted me anything from £15 to £5 for the same trip.

Room Tip: Ask if it includes a bath, tea making facilities
2  Thank Hamishscott

Dear Valued Guest "Hamishscott",

Thank you very much for your precious time spent on sharing your experience regarding your stay at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest. Your feedback gives us great lead on fields of operation we should improve.
I am delighted to see that you found New York Palace Budapest itself stunning. For our guests' comfort we go out of our way and upon request we are glad to fulfill all their requests. We are glad to provide laundry or ironing service for our guests, or if they wish so we provide ironing board and iron for their convenience.
I am delighted to see that you were satisfied with our colleague, Attila's service. I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulties and inconveniences with taxis in Budapest. I would kindly like to assure you that for the safety and convenience of our guests the cabs working for Boscolo New York Palace Budapest have fix rates for destination and they provide professional limousine service.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again and we will be able to provide you an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 29 April 2011

10 mins walk from the train station and really close to the main shopping street. We could walk everywhere and it was a safe location to walk at night. The hotel is gorgeous; the decor is very grand and modern and you must take a look into the New York Cafe as the venue is beautiful. Great spa too with a small heated pool but good size sauna and steam room which is complementary to all guests. Breakfast was good with a chef cooking eggs to your liking and lovely freshly squeezed juices including beetroot!
We ordered room service and it was really quick, the burger I ordered was the best burger I'd ever eaten!

If I went back to Budapest I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Kaither

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedbacl posted on Tripadvisor.com regarding you stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest.
As you mentioned Boscolo New York Palace has an ideal location and is in close proximity to all major sights in Budapest. I am delighted to see that you liked the hotel building and you consider it as gorgeous. It is nice to see as well that our services such as the spa and the breakfast exceeded your expectations.
Your kind recommendations is higly appreciated and we would be more than happy to welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 17 April 2011

When driving from the airport into Budapest, I think we both felt a little bit apprehensive but all our worries were blown away as soon as entered the New York Palace.
It was utterly beautiful and would have been extremely intimadating except that the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed; especially Greg! Everyone said hello and I think that both of us would like to think that we made genuine friendships with the staff. We received a complimentary upgrade upon arrival so am not sure what the standard rooms are like but our suite was amazing and was always cleaned to the highest standard possible.
The breakfast was incredible and I couldn't quite believe the effort that the catering staff had gone to. We were so extremely grateful.
I recommend spending an evening or two at the cigar bar. Let the bar staff suggest cocktails to you and you shall not be disappointed.
This was our first trip away together and we came away with so many special memories. I even cried a little as I didn't want to come home! Thank you for the most special and magical time of my life and we are already a return trip back to you or at least one of your other hotels around the world. Your hotel and city are beautiful but it was the people who made it the experience it was

1  Thank Sophina87

Dear Valued Guest "Sophina87",

Thank you very much for youki kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest.
I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay that you did not even wish to leave us. On behalf of our staff I truly appreciate you kind words. I am glad to see that our suite charmed you and could give a plus to your stay in Budapest. It is also our pleasure to go out of our way to fulfill your requests and I am glad we could make it. Your kind recommendation for the Cigar Bar is much appreciated as well.
Please feel free to contact us should we be at your service again once you plan a trip back to Budapest.

Reviewed 6 April 2011

My partner and I stayed at the New York Palace for 3 nights recently. It was an amazing experience from start to finish. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff - from carrying suitcases to your room to recommending boat/bus trips. The decor is stunning, the moment I walked into Reception my immediate reaction was 'wow'. The Cafe and Cigar Bar serve an excellent range of food and drinks (be mindful of the palinka, it packs quite a punch!!) and the spa was a welcome relief after a day of walking! The rooms are a great size, the bed was huge and extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a great choice of hot and cold options, it would be impossible to go hungry! A very well located hotel within walking distance of all the major attractions, bars, restaurants, clubs etc. For those who don't enjoy walking as much, the Metro is a cheap and efficient way of getting around Budapest and there is a stop next to the hotel. The trip was a Birthday gift from my partner and Budapest/New York Palace was a great place to celebrate!!

1  Thank LittleClareM

Dear Valued Guest "LittleClareM",

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your stay at Boscolo New York Palace Budapest.
I am delighted that we could welcome you on such a nice event as your birthday.
I am glad to see that we could provide you an exceptional service that give a plus to a memorable stay. At Boscolo New York Palace nothing is trouble for us if we can provide the highest level of comfort for our guests. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the service our New York Cafe and Cigar Bar provided.