The first impression to the hotel is that it is a beautiful buiding. I stayed for the 2 nights. The suite is enormous. The bathroom is exceptionally big. But there is water leak behind the shower. I heard that the building was originally a domitory for the staff of New York Insurance, and not intended as a hotel room so the rooms were exceptionally big by today's standard.
The lobby is great a historically view, specially at night with lights on. The restaurant which offered another great view of the historical building provided some of the best food we ever tasted in Budapest. The reception, which doesn't look like a reception, are not always manned by someone.
The neighbourhood is just acceptable, a bit far away from the river Danube and from Andrassey Street and Varci Street. There is not any decent shopping available nearby. So you have to take a taxi to go anywhere. Comparing to Four Seasons, Sofitel and Inter- Continental which are by the river on room quality and that I also stayed, Boscolo is a better choice based on similar price. But then you have to travel by taxi every time you go out. And taking taxi in Budapest is tricky. We were told that hailing a taxi in the street could cost more than calling for one so we never hailed one. And that those taxi not operated by the few listed companies are like gangsters who would rip you off. Probably a legacy from the communist regime.
Breakfast is served on 1st floor. Though selection is limited it does offer hot fried eggs and omlette, however, the cook doesn't seem like a professional.
So depending on the purpose of your visit, if you are looking for everything within walking distance, you should look for those by the river. If you are taking a taxi wherever you go then Boscolo is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience 5-star luxury when staying in the gorgeous Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection. Our contemporary hotel is one of the most grand luxury hotels in Budapest, Hungary. It offers proximity to some of the Budapest area' best attractions, including Chain Bridge, Great Synagogue, and Vaci Utca. We invite you to stay with us and visit our serene indoor pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, full service spa, and impeccable restaurants during your visit to Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Marriott, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Boscolo New York Palace
- New York Palace Budapest