“Best hotel in Budapest”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #26 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Boscolo have done a wonderful job of restoring the New York Palace to its original grandeur. The architecture is stunning, with an impressive atrium and startlingly extravagant "period" decor in the New York Cafe and breakfast area.

Service throughout was excellent - friendly, professional and (particularly in the New York Salon and the bar) enthusiastic.

We spoiled ourselves and went for a Junior Suite, which was well worth it - loads of space, well-equipped and comfortable, wonderful bathroom.

Don't miss the special Budapest experience of conversing with other glitterati over an iced coffee in the New York Cafe. And for a superb dinner, we thought the New York Salon (although not well advertised) was outstanding - go for the 4-course (or, if you must, the 7-course) menu plus the accompanying selection of Hungarian wines. This was so good we did it again the next night, with a different selection.

Although the Boscolo may not have the best location, it's only a half-mile walk to Andrassy Avenue, with the Opera House, posh shops and Metro station. If you don't fancy walking, try the excellent trams, which stop just outside the hotel. And a short taxi ride (£6 to £8) gets you to the Danube, the old city, Hero's Square or any of the traditional bathing houses.

Room Tip: Spoil yuorselves - go for a Junior Suite
1  Thank johngrant13

Reviewed 12 September 2011

In my opinion one of the best choice in Budapest.
This hotel is one of my favourites - excellect staff especially LORANT who helped me a lot during my stay, gorgeous surroundings and a really cool spa/fitness centre. It is also right in the centre of the city.
I would highly recommend this hotel and next time in Budapest I will certainly stay in this hotel.
Gorgeous!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank VanMoe
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The hotel is lovely and the restaurant is beautiful--folks come to take pictures of it nightly. The staff was exceptionally helpful with arrangements. The do not stand behind a desk but rather around a round table so are always accessible. The doormen were very thoughtful, letting us leave packages in the luggage storage in the entry way. The breakfast buffet was lovely. The only downside was that the pool was out of commission.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cynthia s
Reviewed 10 September 2011

What a fantastic hotel, the setting was perfect, right in the middle of Pest, quite a walk to Bud but tram stop is across the road. The service was second to none, the staff very friendly and attentive, special thanks to Peter and Lorant and the very pretty young lady on duty when we arrived (5th Sept).
The interior of the hotel was amazing, just like a National Trust palace but with an ease about it. Food over the top.
Certainly I would go again and again.

Room Tip: We arranged a taxi to the hotel, I think it would have been better to have asked the hotel to arrang...
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The hotel is absolutely STUNNING! The rooms are huge and super comfy. I love the fact that they have both foam and down pillows. I like foam pillows and they are so hard to find at a hotel. The bed feels like a cloud. There is a tiny bit of traffic noise which is drowned out by the double windows and heavy drapes. With the drapes closed the room is very dark so I slept like a queen. The A/C works great in room 440. No ice machines but I'm sure they would have brought ice if I had asked.

The sign on the desk in the room says you need a wired connection for your laptop. The staff tells you that you can use wi fi in the lobby but I was able to get it to work very well in the room. Good signal and speed.

The staff is incredibly friendly and they speak fluent English. They arranged tours for me and even allowed me to pay a portion of my bill in Hungarian currency so that I wouldn't get stuck with it when I left. They could not have been any nicer.

The area doesn't have great scenery but the hotel is located within steps of a: metro stop, pharmacy and grocery store. The train station is about a 10=15 minute walk or 1 metro stop. I felt perfectly safe in the area, even when I was alone. Unfortunately, there's not much to do in that area, but the metro is super easy to use.

I used a hop on/off bus tour (including cruise) the first day to get oriented. LOVED the Danube cruise. Do not miss that!! The 2nd day I used the metro and covered so much more ground on my own because I didn't have to deal with traffic or wait for the bus to pick me up. I cannot over-emphasize how easy it is to use the metro and it takes you to within steps from virtually every major site, even the Schnezchy (sp?) spa (although I don't recommend that place due to the crazy crowds there).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank erinray8029
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This was really a hotel we'll never forget! Booked the same morning by telephone, we stayed three nights in cornerroom 331. We enjoyed every minut of our stay and got a lot of good information (Restaurants, shopping, musea etc) from the hotel staff. BALAZS and KATALIN were great help as it was our first time in Budapest. Its these people that make your holiday really comfortible...Thank you very much and hope to see you again! Paul and Mieke De Lange from Belgium

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My partner and I stayed at Boscolo New York Palace for 7 nights. The hotel is just beautiful and the rooms are absolutely lovely, and spotless! Location was also great. Easy access to transport and many wonderful cafes and restaurants close by. Of course if you're staying at Bosoclo you must dine at least once in the amazing New York Cafe! The staff were warm and friendly and incredibly helpful. Eva from 'Reservations' was exceptional. Katalani (I think she was the Manager) treated us like we were a family guest and made every effort to talk to us every time we saw her. If you are deliberating on where to stay in Budapest, look no further. Boscolo truly is a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Booking directly via the hotel is a little more expensive but may help you get an upgrade if rooms a...
2  Thank Vitsk