“beautiful hotel in central downtown setting”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The Boscolo is an oasis in the city center of Budapest. You walk in (in our case we biked in), go up a short flight of stairs, and bingo you're in another, much nicer world. A huge, wide open lobby, as beautiful as the pictures online. This and the New York Cafe are really spectacular. And the rooms...we got a standard room facing the street (which we advise, if possible) are wonderful, nicely appointed with lots of room and high ceilings. The staff is friendly, attentive and helpful though the housekeeping could be a little more 'professional'....this was primarily a language issue and not a big problem at all. The Boscolo is not situated right 'on' the Danube/Duna, but it is perfectly located to walk out the front door and explore all of central Budapest, which we did over five days. To come home every evening and take a wonderful shower, use the free wifi, and know our bikes were safely stored, was an absolute treat. If/when we go back to Budapest we will rush to stay at the Boscolo again.

Room Tip: There are no real views to choose from, so I'd ask for a quiet room, away from the elevators...
1  Thank Kevin C

Reviewed 20 July 2012

The hotel is in a distance of 20 minutes walk from city center (Vaci street).
Plus:
- free internet
- free spa: pool, sauna (massage is extra)
- outside of the building is a piece of art
- inside of the building is amazing (especially the cofee)
- the biggest room I have stayed in a hotel so far
- tasteful decorated

Minus:
- expensive breakfast - 25 Euro and it does not really worth it.
- the rooms have a slight touch of 'coldness' - maybe because of the high ceiling.

If I would come back? Probably, but for sure not next time, there are plenty of other excellent hotels that need to be visited.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank GlobetrotterRo
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We spent 6 nights at the Boscolo last week. What a wonderful hotel! My husband and I were traveling in Hungary for our 10 year anniversary. We used points through Marriott for our room since my husband is a platinum member, but they graciously upgraded us to a gorgeous 2 room suite. The room was beautiful with a large sitting room, 2 decks overlooking the street, a big bedroom, and a wonderful bath with separate shower and bathtub. The bed was comfortable and the room was pretty quiet with the exception of some street noise from the tram going by outside. The hotel itself was beautiful as well and very quiet inside. Everyone at the hotel was so friendly and helpful, from the woman who checked us in, to the doormen/bellboys, to the bartenders in the small hotel bar, Victoria and Norbert. We also loved the piano player, Attila, who played Music Box Dancer for my husband each night when we came in after hearing it was one of his favorites! With our package, we were able to eat breakfast for free each morning and that was very convenient. The breakfast had bread, yogurt, cheese, fruit, and cold meats, as well as eggs, sausage, pancakes, and potatoes each morning. Location of the hotel was good - we could walk to the Match supermarket down the block and the tram and metro stops were very close. We loved everything about our trip to Budapest - the friendly people, the many historic sites, and the good food. We hope to return some day and would definitely stay at the Boscolo Budapest again.

2  Thank Pinky2
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Old and recent legend of Budapest, that building must be seen, more specifically the cafe.

Front desk staff are really helpfull and provide an excellent service. Romm service is good despite that they once tried to clean the room at 07h30 in the morning while we were still asleep...they finally made the room at 16 h30 after we had to ask for.

For an hotel of that level, the breakfast is really a big deception, surely when you look to the prices they ask for ( 25€ per person). You can get a much better one for cheaper at Gerbeau? The most famous cafe in Budapest...

Room Tip: Do not take rooms with breafast included. Do not accept the breakfast offer from front desk. Take si...
2  Thank Marache
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have stayed there last week for a visit and it was excellent. The architecture and design of the hotel is simply beautiful and very detailed. I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HMSJ
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Boscolo Budapest on a business trip. As everyone else has said, the building itself is beautiful. Gorgeous marble and wood working everywhere. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. The location is very convenient as well with Metro and Tram stops within just a few meters walk. I found the food in the restaurant to be good...nothing extraordinary but certainly not bad. The prices were a tad high in the restaurant...I understand that you are paying somewhat for the convenience of eating on site but there are also many other restaurants within a short walk or metro ride. I had a few annoying issues in my room, for instance on the 2nd day of my stay I had no hot water for my morning shower. The issue resolved itself though as I did not experience this again the rest of the week. There was also a leak of some kind in the bathroom that created a wet spot on the carpet...I mostly just tried to avoid it...didn't think it was worth packing up all of my stuff and trying to move. All in all, I was pleased and I will be staying there again when I return to Budapest in a few weeks time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Travis C
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Beautiful building with a lot of history. Excellent staff who were very helpful getting us around Budapest. Rooms were very comfortable and clean.

1  Thank Josef1234