“Perfect stay”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We spent almost a week in the superior room of New York Boscolo on our honey moon. I just can say that it was probably the best hotel stay on my life, and I use hotels all the time because of my work. There is no single thing that I would not be happy with. Spacy beautiful room, good service, breakfast in the traditional Cafe New York, rather well located etc. Maybe the only negative words I could say is that the bed was a bit hard for my back and the wellness didn't correspond the 5 stars, but it is not a wellness hotel anyways.
On the top we have got a very good rate and got upgraded since being just married.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'Erkki A',

Thank you for sharing your experiences about Boscolo Budapest. It's my pleasure that we could accomodate you during your honeymoon in Budapest. It's nice to see that you had a memorable stay with us.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back, maybe on your next anniversary.

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,574)

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is a very well run hotel and beautifully decorated. Ask for a coffee machine or you will need to have access to the business center for coffee early in the morning. The location was ok. Next time I might stay somewhere closer to the Danube. Also note that, as you might expect, the restaurant (which is magnificently decorated) pushes the Buffet breakfast. We were successful in speaking to the front desk of the hotel to get them to allow us to order off the a la carte menu prior to 9 am.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'Barry G',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm delighted to see that overall you had a nice time with us. Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience with the breakfast, and I would kindly like to confirm that besides the buffet option we provide a'la carte selection as well.

I hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back upon your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

One of the best hotels i've ever been in. I did stay here for new years eve with 3 friends for a special price. This is a very stylish and classy hotel.
Everything looks great, from the lobby till the bedroom.

The spa and wellness are amazing and definitely worth a try.

It location is perfect since everything is in proper reach.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GuidoSanten

Dear Valued Guest 'GuidoSanten',

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I'm pleased to see that you had a nice time with us and that our unique Spa has charmed you. Your return to Boscolo Budapest would be appreciated at any time.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Beautiful hotel, beautiful location. Myself and my boyfriend stayed here in December 2012 for a long weekend. We were upgraded to the junior suite and the room was amazing! We had everything from a massive queen size bed, jacuzzi bath, coffee machine and walk in shower. It was lush! Staff were lovely, food was gorgeous! Especially the NY cafe... The coffees were lovely! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest 'Emily J',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your precious time spent on sharing your experience.
I'm glad to see that you had a great time with us and your kind recommending us is highly appreciated.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I'll start by saying this hotel is the nicest I have ever and quite possibly will ever stay in! The lobby area is just incredible and the rooms are beautiful. Likewise the bar/restaurant area is amazing and breakfast was excellent. The staff were very nice and helpful, talking us through where we should go and visit around the city and they quickly resolved a small fault we had with the shower.

There were a few downsides though, such as the location. It is possible to walk to both the City Park and to the riverside, castle etc. however I think I would have preferred to be closer to the river and got a taxi or bus to the City Park for a day. Also I asked for a bottle of water one evening and was charged almost £6, which was unexpected and very pricey! I am a Marriott Elite member, but even putting that to one side I would have expected them to have some free water available seeing as it was 40 degrees outside! I stayed in a number of hotels (some Marriott brands and some not) during our trip across Europe and each of the rest offered us water on arrival or put some in the room due to the fact it was so hot. I know it's a minor thing and it certainly wouldn't stop me from visiting the hotel again, but was slightly irritating.

Overall though I would highly recommend!

Dear Valued Guest 'Keith G',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your precious time spent on providing your kind feedback. I'm delighted to see that most of our services and facilities lived up to your expectations. I appreciate your feedback regarding the bottled water and I would kindly like to assure you that in our Business Center there is complimentary coffee, tea and mineral water all day long but we are revising our possibilities to provide it in the room as well.
I do hope we would have the chance to welcome you back to Boscolo Budapest and we go above and beyond to provide you a flawless experience.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Boscolo Appartments are just amazing. Superb. Great location, great appartments and great service.
Breakfast is limited when you stay at the appartments, but is fine for a light alternative.The appartments have their own kitchen / dining area, bedroom area, lonunge and seperate bathroom all very well equipped.
Just superb for a long business trip and just as great for a weeks holiday or long weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the terrace.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest 'Ceri M',

Thank you very much for your valued feedback regarding your stay in Boscolo Residence.
I'm delighted to see that overall you had a nice experience with us and our services and facilities lived up to your expectations.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I think the hotel is fine, but it seems most of the rooms have a partition wall outside the window, about 2/3 rd's of the way up the window, that blocks the view. And the location is a long walk from everything you'll want to see. Next time I'd stay closer to the river, or the Chain Bridge. But this worked out, we just spent more time in cabs than we wanted to. The people are very helpful, and they do try hard to make your stay enjoyable.

Dear Valued Guest 'BeachLiving1963',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for providing your feedback.
I'm delighted to see that our staff could make your stay enjoyable and I'm sorry that the room did not provide the experience you expected. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and we would be able to provide you a room with a nice view over the city.