“Outstanding”

Ranked #30 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel was one of the best things of our already amazing trip to Budapest. It is a little far from the river (where most attractions are) but the metro station is less than a block away and the system is very friendly.

The hotel itself is gorgeous. Very luxurious beautifully decorated and although they keep the classic look of the building itself, the ambiance is modern and trendy.

As a Marriott Platinum member we got upgraded to a suite and I must admit that it was one of the best rooms I have ever got. Elegant, huge, classy and quiet all at the same time. The bed was ridiculously comfortable and the rest room could fit a small apartment in it. We had the whole spa right in our bathroom the whole time.

The complimentary breakfast was incredible, lots of options and everything was delicious. The staff was incredibly helpful and really willing to go the extra mile for you. If you need to arrange anything, as for Peter the concierge, the guy is great and knows the city like the back of his hand. Definitely ask him for authentic restaurant options, can't go wrong.

The one thing they should work on is the car service they have. Budapest cab drivers are notorious for overcharging tourists, the hotel does a good job providing a car service that is available most of the time (at peak times we had to wait about 5 minutes), is a little pricey compared to what we got from other places and quite honestly most of the drivers as a whole were not helpful at all. Just take the metro and you should be fine.

Room Tip: Top floors are probably better
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J0jimb0
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'j0jimb0',

Thank you for your kind feedback. Your words are highly appreciated. I was delighted to read that our hotel has won over you and you made me proud of Peter that you mentioned he was a great asset for you to explore Budapest.
As you mentioned to use taxi service in the city can be pricey, but from the beginning of September new regulations came into force by the government to standardize the prices.

We are really looking forward to your next visit at Boscolo Budapest!

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This was my first visit in Budapest for business purposes. The hotel is very big with a characteristic atrium that allow natural light to reach in main lobby.
Main lobby is decorated with beautiful marble.
Dinning and breakfast area is luxurious.
Room that i have stayed was vary spacious and clean. The bathroom very big with a very big bathtub.
Hotel located close to central area of city but not close to river (pest side). However 15 min walking distance from hero's plaza and relatively close to Andrássy avenue (like Avenue des Champs-Élysées).
Great chioce to stay when visiting Budapest.
Breakfast was very good with one drawback , only one choice of marmalade (apricot at the time that i was visited)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SPT74
Dear Valued Guest 'SPT74',

Thank you for the time sharing your review with the travelling community on Tripadvisor! It's nice to see that our hotel met your expectations. Regarding to your breakfast experience I would like to assure you that we offer a selection of delicious jams. I hope when you return to our hotel next time, we can serve you with your favourite marmelade.

Biel, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Impressive!

probably one of the best hotel I have been, if you are in Budapest and you are looking for a quiet place, not right in the middle of the center, but close enough to reach the best part of town with a 10 minutes walk, the Boscolo Hotel is the best place for you.

Budapest offers a wide variety of luxury hotels: the kempisky, the next Corinthia Palace, the Opera, and of course the famous Four Season. Giving the fact that the Four Season is absolutely the best, in term of service, location, attention to the client and so on, but the Boscolo hotel has the same standard plus offering a nice SPA.

I spent 5 night in a suite (nice upgrade as boscolo reward program member) that was absolutely perfect in every aspect. the down side of this hotel is service! in the beginning the try to sell me a big room for disable people for a suite, i did not appreciate that, but once sorted this issue the real suite was gorgeous.

I will definitly stay at this hotel again once back in Budapest. for business of pleasure this is the best 5 stars hotel in town after the Four Season.

Room Tip: suite if you want to enjoy this hotel at its best
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simone p
Dear Valued Guest 'simone p',

First and foremost thank you for your kind feedback sending through Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at Boscolo Budapest. Me and my colleagues are always happy if we can serve with some extra care or service - like a nice upgrade - especially our valued "B Club" members.
I hope we can be your host again, upon your next visit in Budapest.

Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This trip to Budapest was a Christmas gift to me, so I was very impressed with the choice of hotel.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite with possibly the largest and most glamorous bathroom I will ever encounter.
Our actual bedroom was huge as was the bed, and the quality of furnishings was first class.
Whilst the hotel is not located very close to the river, it is still in a central location for exploring the city.
We went in late January and it wasn't very snowy and the weather was remarkably warm for the time of year, so exploring Budapest by foot was easy.
Whist we didn't have an evening meal at the Boscolo we did thoroughly enjoy the breakfast they served, complete with champaign if you wanted. The service during breakfast was very good, and all served on fine china with expensive cutlery.
Check in was easy, and plenty of staff on hand to help and advise. Rooms service also very good.
Opted to explore and eat out at local restaurants, this is well worth recommending, as is a day trip by train to Vienna if you have enough time

Room Tip: Request rooms on 3rd floor and above...better views over the streets below
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SARA S
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'SARA S',

Thank you for your kind feedback on your winter vacation in Budapest and Boscolo. I am happy to read that you really enjoyed the time you spent with us, and see that you were satisfied with our services and staff as well.
It's my pleasure that we were able to accomodate you in one of our luxurious suites on your surprise trip.
Your return to Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection is more than welcome anytime!

London
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Every time I travel to Budapest I stay here unless it's fully booked which happens as it is so popular, rightly so.

Absolutely beautiful lobby, light and airy, amazing marble and classy decor everywhere. One could spend a whole afternoon just relaxing on the comfy sofas and staring at the gorgeous marble floor and other decoration. Beautiful gigantic flower arrangements in the lobby area that are changed often. The main elevators are the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. (the other elevators in the back are also nice)

The whole hotel is immaculately clean and stylish. The staff is very pleasant, polite and a pleasure to be around. Every need is met in a very speedy manner.

The cafe is spectacularly beautiful. The most beautiful coffee house/cafe in the world. It also has a great history. It is very all the intellectual greats of Hungary met in 19th century. It's hard to focus on your coffee as you just want to stare at the beauty of the building.

Our room was 364 which is the biggest on the 3rd floor. My small dog was wellcomed with a waterbowl which was a nice touch. Dogs under 15 kgs can stay for free.

The spa area is also special as it is underground and the interior looks like an ice cave. The gym is also good.

The business centre is the nicest I've ever seen in any international hotel, very quiet, stylish and well-equiped.

Rooms are very comfy, quiet and the beds are amazing. Our room had 2 large plasma TVs, one was for the beds and one for the living room area which had the biggest sofa I have seen in my life. Superior room. Oh, and the rooms have amazing bathrooms, marble everywhere.

Best points of the hotel: quiet, stylish, very clean, great staff, location, bathrooms, breakfast AND the cafe.

I can't find any negatives what so ever.

Everything is am

Room Tip: perhaps I prefer the older wing but they are almost equally lovely
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emese B
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'Emese B',

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor travellers about your latest stay at Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection.
I was delighted to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you had been pleased with your hotel choice. It makes me also happy that you recognized the professionalism and service minded attitude of my colleagues.
Let me thank you again for your kind words and for your patronage. I am really looking forward to the next opportunity to hosting you in Boscolo Budapest.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Absolutely gorgeous Hotel, very clean, historical café on the ground floor. One small issue: we were witness of the luggage getting stolen at the reception area , while guest was getting info/room key. That guest happened to be very famous Formula 1 racer, I will not tell he's name.
The problem is that the city is full of pocked thefts (not ethnical Hungarians), and the luxury Hotel like this is could be the target. Hotel management, knowing situation in the city, should be taking more security precautions at the main entrance, were many people just come to take a pictures of the inside New York Café (World the most beautiful Café). I'm sure it was an isolated incident. Otherwise we had an amazing time in Budapest. If we come back to Budapest again I would stay again in Boscolo Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank VikaD155032
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'VikaD155032',

Thank you for your time writing this review. It is nice to see that you overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and Budapest as well.
I would like to assure you that our qualified loss prevention team is always working on our guests' safety and comfort. Boscolo's discreet but effective defence system is supported by the co-operation of various security systems.

We are really looking forward to your next stay at Boscolo Budapest.

Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

First time in Budapest but certainly not the last. The hotel was fantastic, amazing from the moment you arrive from the front door to the the lobby the hotel oozes class and charm. The staff were incredible polite and helpful and all the time it felt genuine and not forced. From the spa to the restaurant everything was immaculate and the restaurant in particular was jaw-dropping if slightly overpriced. This will not be my last time to Budapest and the Boscolo Hotel.

Room Tip: 4th floors have an excellent view Erzsebet road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank samrobinson01
Dear Valued Guest 'samrobinson01',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your kind feedback.
I'm delighted to see that you had a great time with us in a stunning surrounding. I'm glad that our service lived up to your expectations and your return to Boscolo Budapest would be welcome at all times.