“Absolutely stunning and a gorgeous hotel to stay in.”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My wife and I loved our stay at this hotel. From the moment we arrived we experienced outstanding service. I had requested them for an upgrade of the room since we were travelling for our honeymoon. On arrival, I was told that we had already been upgraded. So it was a great start after the long hours of travelling.
We were then taken to our room. The room itself was very large and spread across nicely, the bed was supremely comfortable and the bathroom was also very spacious.
The staff was friendly and very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay memorable. They also gave us some great recommendations of places and restaurants, cafes, bars to visit since it was the first time for us in Budapest.
The buffet breakfast served at the New York Cafe is one of the most beautiful cafes one will come across the globe. Its opulence is what really stands out. The hop on - hop off buses also stop at the hotel to show the tourists this absolutely magnificient cafe. It also offers outstanding choice and is the perfect way to start your day. We loved this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank jalotatushar
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'jalotatushar',

thank you for staying with us in Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection. I am delighted to see that you really enjoyed your time spent in our hotel. I am pleased to read that our team has lived up to your expectations and you saved nice memories about your trip to Budapest.
Your kind return to Boscolo is always welcome!

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,574)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Realised we should have stayed at the Boscolo as we spent three or four days visiting the hotel where relatives had flown into Budapest for a wedding...the reception was actually held in the New York Cafe. This was a truly splendid location for the reception and we had chance to sample the food on other occasions as well.
Hotel has a great atmosphere and the ambience and decor in the NY Cafe is probably one of the best in Budapest. Feedback from our relatives regarding the rooms was also positive so without doubt we will stay here at the Boscolo next time in Budapest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ExpatKL88

Dear Valued Guest 'ExpatKL88',

thank you for your time writing this review about your experiences. I am happy to read that you had a nice time in Boscolo Budapest and you decided to stay with us upon your return to Budapest.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Boscolo Hotel is definitely a 5 star hotel. The lobby and atrium lobby open up to the sky and are constructed of marble. The rooms are equally large with bathrooms fit for a large family . The hotel accepts pets with a very friendly and helpful staff. The bar and cafe makes this a great place to stay while touring the Christmas markets located nearby.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dingdang7
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'Dingdang7',

thank you for staying with us in Boscolo Budapest. It is nice to read that our hotel has won over you and you saved great memories about your Christmas vacation. I hope if you plan a next trip to Budapest - maybe during the summer - you will visit us again.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were invited to a wedding reception at the Boscolo wow what a fantastic night we had!!! The reception was held on the lower level of the restaurant the room layout and attention to detail was superb!!!!fantastic surroundings and the table settings were beautiful.....the food was excellent even for me a vegetarian.... I was served a very tasty meal well thought through and very appetising.....the service was excellent and our newlyweds were delighted with their choice of venue which exceeded their expectations.....would highly recommend the Boscolo for your special celebrations as it's an experience we will never forget...our only regret was we didn't book into the hotel as our family who stayed there said it was excellent...never mind the next time we visit Budapest it's top of our list to book in and enjoy the full service...well done the Boscolo!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest 'Kate S',

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to read that you really enjoyed your relatives' wedding reception in Boscolo Budapest. It is my pleasure to read that the wedding menu selection and our service lived up to your expectations. I hope next time we will have the opportuniuty to welcoming you back as a hotel guest.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Visited Hungary for my wifes 50th birthday. Lovely touch was the cake awaiting us in our upgraded room.
I cannot find fault with one aspect of the Boscolo. We did not eat in the hotel except for breakfast which was excellent, the champagne being a great treat. Ask the staff are great and are always on hand to help. I have never eaten in a more ornate dining area which is stunning.
Budapest is a great city and the people really nice and friendly. The hotel is well placed but if you don't like the walking the transport network is easy and close to hand.
I really cannot praise the city or its people enough.i would love to return in the summer to enjoy the cafe culture even more.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'penrhynbayred',

Thank you for selecting Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection to celebrate your wife's birthday anniversary. It was my pleasure to have you here in our hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in Budapest and you would like to return to our capital. Let me recommend to visit Budapest in May or September those are the most beautiful months here.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here for a winter break and we were certainly not disappointed!
We both agreed that this was one of the most beautiful hotels we have ever stayed in. Staff were extremely attentive and our room was lovely.
The Christmas decorations were fantastic, brilliant attention to detail.
The concierge team were really helpful and had a wealth of knowledge about the area. The breakfast buffet was very good which lots to choose from, all tastes catered for.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'Annahollie K',

thank you for staying with us in Boscolo Budapest. You made me so happy while I was reading your pretty kind review. I am delighted to see that our hotel has charmed you.
I hope that we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband And I stayed here for 3 nights, on 1st arrival everything looks very impressive, the building itself is beautiful but the bedrooms even though a very good size just lacked any luxury or character and to be honest even though the shower from the ceiling looks great it actually sprayed everywhere apart from on you, it is also placed over a huge bath that you have to clamber into to use, also it is impossible not to get your hair wet. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. Service in the hotel was really good and the food was delicious. The hotel is not in the best location but if you walk 25 mins or use local transport it is not a problem.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest 'Tony K',

first of all, let me thank you to sharing your thoughts about Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection. It was my pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our staff's attitude and you enjoyed the comfort of your bed. On the other hand I am bit sad because our decor and bathroom design did not meet up to your standards.
I hope next time in another room you will find your taste in Boscolo.