“Budapest experience”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #27 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have recently returned from a 4night mini break in this wonderful city,we stayed in what can only be described as the best hotel we have ever visited,the staff are fantastic,the hotel is out of this world,the breakfast is unbelievable.I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting this beautiful city.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and it was so quite we never heard any traffic noise whatsoever
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'Barrowboyblue',

Thank you for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your really kind comment. I am glad that you had a really enjoyable stay and it is our pleasure to see that our services lived up to your expectations. Your kind recommending us is highly appreciated.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,624)

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Recently stayed 3 nights at the Boscolo Budapest, and what a lovely hotel it is too.
The staff, the decor, the ambiance and in particular the food at the New York Cafe was outstanding.
I would however request a room on a higher floor as we were situated on the 2nd floor at the front of the hotel and we did experience a lot of vibrations from the trams and also it is en route to a major hospital which did result in more than expected emergency vehicles during the night hours which did disrupt us.

All in all though a great location and would definitely recommend a Boscolo experience.

Room Tip: High floor or not at the front of the hotel is recommended
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest 'scips',

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to see that overall you had a great experience with us but I am sorry that it was not a flawless stay. We do appreciate your valued comment and hope that next time we can deliver an excellent hotel experience.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

There is nothing I can think of with this hotel that wasn´t perfect. The rooms, the service, the breakfast.. Location is also good and the staff very helpful with getting cheaper tickets to the Tour-buses passing by outside. But the best thing was the restaurant. Oh. My. God. It deserves a review of it´s own (New York Café restaurant) The hotel is a bit pricy but it was certainly worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here late December 2013 for the New Year period. This hotel is absolutely stunning. The building is beautiful and the interior is luxurious. The lobby will take your breath away. All the staff were very helpful and the hotel is very clean. Good choice of food for breakfast including champagne . . . . be rude not to have one! Our room was on the third floor at the front of the hotel and slightly noisy from the passing traffic but a nice touch was the fact that the curtains were attached to the wall at the outside edges to prevent the lights at the front of the building from illuminating the room. Lovely furniture, comfortable bed and robes and slippers provided. The walls of the room were slightly padded and covered with fabric rather than wall paper which made it feel and look very sumptuous. There is live piano music in the New York cafe which is very decadent and utterly breathtaking. You will feel like royalty in here, however, it is very busy and quite noisy from the amount of people it gets through its doors. The only negative point I would like to make is that our room brochure stated that English afternoon tea would be available on New Years Day, this was to include finger sandwiches, scones and pastries along with a selection of tea and coffee. We booked a table stating it was for the afternoon tea but on arrival there was some confusion over the table and then we were looked at blankly when we stated we had booked English afternoon tea! The staff checked and then stated that this was not available because they were busy. My husband showed them the brochure and the fact that this was advertised in there and they still had no idea! We just got a very bemused 'sorry.' This really spoiled the afternoon as we had planned this before going and had not then got time to find somewhere else before a concert which we had tickets for. All in all it is a beautiful hotel in a fairly good location, a little back from the river but transport links are good and the river is easily within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I thought Budapest was so beautiful. Architecture was great. This hotel is a perfect example of what the city has to offer. Staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough. It was clear we weren't the usual clientele as we had really splashed out on this place and some people there acted like this was just the everyday norm. We had breakfast, looked stunning in the restaurant. Food was better than average but I have had better breakfasts. Other than that we didn't eat here but other food looked great. There are just too many great restaurants in Budapest. The hotel is stunning. The lobby are is such a delight. We stayed in the design wing. It was lovely. The room was very clean and the bed was huge. The bathroom was great although the bath needed a bit of tlc. It wasn't bad but compared to the standard of everywhere else I felt I looked out of place. I felt really proud staying here it was such a delight. I felt like it was such a treat. The spa area is free to guests. I used the pool and steam room thing. Lovely but not the best I have ever used. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Had such a lovely stay. We went in February and found a great deal. Weather was fair considering it was winter. You are only a stones throw from the metro, which is so easy to use. Especially if u have used the London underground, it is a doddle. It gets you to town in about 3 mins. You can walk but it takes 10/15 mins and isn't that nice a walk depending on which was you go. Access to the whole town via the metro is so easy. We got a Budapest card which we used a lot.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I'm writing this review in reference to my stay at the Boscolo Budapest in late May of 2013. Since this was my first visit to Hungary, I wasn't sure what to expect. The "first impression" of this hotel was outstanding as I was greeted at the door and given assistance with my baggage to the reception in the lobby area. Check-in was a breeze, and the host/associate was very helpful with the questions I had about dining, transportation, museums, and entertainment. I had a high-floor room, and the room (standard) was spacious, always kept clean and very quiet with a comfortable bed. I had a good nights sleep every night of my stay. I had breakfast every morning (was not included in the rate), and it was worth what I paid. There was only one occasion where I had a small problem, and that was when I attempted to place an order for In-Room-Dining. I wanted a bowl of Goulash Soup, but when I called, it appears that the person who answered my call didn't speak English. In short, I ended up going down to the reception to make the request in person. The soup was delivered to my room about 25 minutes later. No worries. It was really good! Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and I'll definitely book here again on a future visit to Budapest Hungary. I've recommended this place to all my friends who have planned or are planning on visiting this city.

On a side note, not related to the hotel, but please be aware of taxi cab scams if you are coming from the airport. I was approached by a cabbie within minutes after I cleared customs and picked up my bags. He persuaded me to take his taxi instead of me having to go to and wait at the curbside Taxi queue. After doing the I realized later on that I ended up paying twice as much for the ride into Pest for the distance covered from the airport to the hotel. I believe the meter was rigged, unfortunately. Also, watch out for those gipsies on the streets with rip-offs or iPhone deals. They can smell "foreigners" for miles.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NCOpower
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'NCOpower',

First and foremost thank you for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your precious time spent on providing your valued feedback.
It is our pleasure to see that your stay with us was an enjoyable and please accept my apologies for the dis-service your experienced but I am glad that the solution we could provide in return was satisfactory.
Thank you for mentioning your concerns regarding taxi issues. I would kindly like to inform you that since last September there is a new regulation about this service hopefully resulting in higher customer satisfaction. To avoid any inconvenience in the future please feel free to contact our Concierge Team before your arrival and we would go out of our way to provide you not just an excellent hotel experience but enjoyable time in Budapest as well.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel is the best I have ever stayed in.The building itself is stunning,the rooms are fantastic,large and spacious as are the ensuite bathrooms.The staff amazing,extremely polite,helpful and nothing is too much trouble.The buffet breakfast has everything you could possibly want in beautiful surroundings.the location is perfect,very central location.This is a superb 5 star hotel.Will definitely return.The only thing I missed was tea/coffee facilities in the room but with everything else so wonderful I can overlook this

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends