Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
3,724 results
All reviewsnew york cafebeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suitesteam roomthe riverfive star hotelbreakfast is servedbeautiful roomspa facilitieshop on hopreception areabreakfast roomlong weekendjewish quartermetro stationyogurtconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel was very nice though the view from the balcony was not worth opening the curtains for. The food and service was good. We stayed here 2 nights as our Viking cruise ship was unable to get to Budapest because of low water levels. The outside of the hotel is visually quite stunning.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Nice location, close to the center of the city and to the river Danúbio by walk. The breakfast finishes too soon (11 a.m) having in mind the time difference from Portugal. The service was good. The system of elevators a bit confusing, as well as the indication to the pool (I only realize there was a pool in the end of the stay). Indications in general.
Nice entrance hall. Nice service, I arrived at 3.30 a.m. and had a person waiting for me. Very well organized. Good breakfast.
It is a positive for me. Wi-fi also worked perfectly.
Now that I have seen it, I prefer the previous name of the hotel 'Boscolo New York Palace Hotel', it is more catchy, and photos of the hotel make it seem bigger than it is (actually I prefer the real size, more modest, and integrated with the city).
Great city by the way!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlota_Days
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'Carlota_Days',

Thank you for your valued feedback about your stay at Boscolo Budapest. I am glad to see that overall you had a nice experience with us and I do appreciate your suggestions; we are continously seeking for the options to make our guests' stay even more enjoyable and your feedback gives a great lead.

With kind regards,
Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at a previous Boscolo and were keen to try the Boscolo in Budapest. The downside of the hotel is the location. Budapest is still recovering from economic hardship and does not look prosperous. The hotel is located in an area that is a little down market, and not as close to the river as would be ideal, but the building is unique in Budapest, being the site of an American insurance company building, transformed into a hotel. The New York Cafe which is iconic in Budapest was built with the intention of being the most beautiful cafe in the world, and is on the ground floor of this building. At this time the American company wanted to increase its prestige in Hungary. The building, lobby and cafe are astonishing in scale and design, with the most exquisite ceilings imaginable- imagine Versailles! The rooms are pleasant. We were mistakenly given a room in the 'new wing' which was small and modern, not what I had booked, but an alternative room was offered, a 'classic' room which was much more spacious. There was a small empty room for the suitcases and an entrance area which was generous, but unfurnished- a dressor or table would have made it more elegant and useful. Budapest is not Vienna and not Prague in terms of service, and this was reflected in the service at the hotel. The concierges were also not as knowledgeable as concierges in other hotels ( for example Boscolo in Prague) but were pleasant. This was our first stay in Budapest and the flaws we detected at the Boscolo may simply reflect the gap between this city, emerging from dark financial times, and other more affluent cities.

Room Tip: The classic rooms are much more spacious
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My friend and I took the train from Prague to Budapest. From the train station this hotel is just 10 minutes away and you don't need to take a taxi.

The hotel has stunning decor as you enter. The architecture is superb and the fact that the cafe has been there for more than 100 years just adds to the effects. The rooms are of decent size but the views were disappointing and nothing major to write about. The service was stellar and the concierge and the front desk staff were always able to help us with our requests.

We walked to the city centre from there and also did the Red Bus Tour; the hotel is a stop in the bus tour, which shows you how centric its location is.

If I were to return to Budapest, Boscolo will be our preferred hotel for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Pretty from outside, even prettier from inside (see the photos uploaded)! Room was clean and tidy, with a great bed. Staff was always helpful. They offered to take a photo for us along the corridor (yes! The corridor was so nice it was worth a photo), and refused to take tips even when I voluntarily offered. The hotel restaurant “New York Café” is itself a tourist spot, and hotel guests have priority treatment (e.g. we were seated next to the pianist). Best hotel I have been in Europe for a price of less than £100 per night. Tram and metro stations within accessible reach. There was a foreign exchange shop right next to it, so do your foreign exchange there to take advantage of a better rate.

Having just watched the movie “Grand Budapest Hotel” in recent months, this hotel certainly reminded me of the movie!

Room Tip: Higher floors will have a better view of the hotel from the atrium.
1  Thank JC-relax

Dear Valued Guest 'JC-relax',

Thank you for you kind feedback. I am delighted that Boscolo Budapest has charmed you and our services lived up to your expectations. Please be assured that your return would be appreciated anytime.

With kind regards,