“Absolutely beautiful hotel”

Ranked #30 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
New York City, New York
“Absolutely beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We drove through a very seedy part of Budapest to get to the hotel, but once at the there, the hotel is absolutely GORGEOUS. I did not want to leave. It was like being in a Palace. Staff were exceptional, knowledgeable, and accommodating. House keeping was impeccable. We stayed in a Jr Suite on the 7th floor, highly recommended. The restaurant was breath taking, Baroque architecture, stunning. Food was excellent as was the service. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eric and I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in March with friends and everything from the rooms to the service was excellent. During our stay it was my wife's birthday and they even made up a special happy birthday platter for our room on the day. Would definately recommend and would stay again

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The hotel is elegant and beautiful. The rooms are spacious and modern and the breakfast buffet is delicious. We stayed there for three nights and enjoyed every minute. Our room was a nice suite with a terrace overlooking the city. The bed was very comfortable and they even gave you a pillow menu to choose the pillow that would be best for you! They had a pianist playing wonderful music in the bar at night and another pianist during your breakfast. Although the location is not next to the river, the Hop On/Hop Off bus stops in front of the hotel. Very convenient and affordable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Budapest is offering a variety of new luxury hotels in great prices, cheaper than any other European capital, and many of them are really great. Boscolo is definitely one of the best, the rooms are perfect, the atmosphere is a combination of a luxury palace, with a sexy trendy new decor. The location is not the best. And the service was slow, it felt like they built a 5 star amazing hotel, but couldn't charge enough so they needed to work understaffed and with a team that is not well trained to fix problems. And there were many problems with the wifi, they didn't know how to solve it.
And as for Budapest: I love this city! It is not as touristic (and artificial) as Prague and in my personal taste it is not less interesting and beautiful. It has so much to offer and it just keeps on improving all the time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I will start off by saying that everything from the outside to the inside of this hotel is gorgeous. The rooms are spacious and the breakfast buffet at the New York Cafe is wonderful.

However, I also stayed at another Boscolo hotel in Prague during this trip and the customer service was much better. I am Marriott Gold, almost platinum, and was treated as such at the Prague Boscolo. Not expecting a red carpet here, just some appreciation for being a loyal Marriott customer, especially if something is wrong.

About the service....We asked a couple of times about not being able to turn on the tub in our room and they basically told us we were stupid Americans that couldn't figure it out (not that blunt, but they kept telling us it was easy and they were going to send someone up to help us). Then, I called down to the front desk because someone was supposed to come and help us and they never did. Then, finally the front desk fessed up the the tub happened to be broken in our room. Not a super big deal because our shower worked, but still poor service than what I would expect at a 5 star.

Also, while I'm on the shower, it was a rain shower, which was fine, but had very low water pressure. It also was always on the hottest setting and I was shivering as I got out of the shower every time because it was just lukewarm.

Other little things happened that made the service less than 5 star in my opinion, but overall was a nice stay.

The red metro stop is a lifesaver as it got us to all the attractions around town as the hotel is not too close to a lot of the main tourist stops. The metro was perfectly fine for me and was no different than the tube in London or the metros in other parts of Europe. That worked out well.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joy B
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Try as I might, I can't come up with a single thing not to love about this beautifully restored and remodeled Italian-run hotel. Because it was our anniversary, we were upgraded to a suite, which is the nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in - or probably ever will. The service is professional and friendly without being intrusive or obsequious. The breakfast buffet is in a beautiful room with a choice of pretty much anything you might want to eat. Both the metro and the tram are located steps away. My husband loved the chance to eat Italian pasta in the cafe, having grown sick of Eastern European fare. When we had to leave for a horrifyingly early plane, not only did they organize the hotel's car to take us to the airport, they packed little bags of breakfast. Honestly, I would return to Budapest just to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cheshire England
Reviewed 17 August 2014

On arrival we were efficiently and politely greeted, our bags taken from us and shown to check in –all this whilst enjoying a cool blast from very effective and much needed air con – the temperature outside was 33oC!

We were checked in by an extremely polite and well presented front desk who spoke English impeccably and we rapidly made our way to our room.

Opening the door of the room the vastness was jaw dropping!

Our room – 364 - and was hands down the largest room I've ever had anywhere on my travels.

Our bags arrived within 5 minutes and we settled in for our one night stay- the only dilemma we then had was which of the 2 wide screen TVs we should watch!

All the amenities were as expected of 5 star and the condition of the facilities and decoration to high standard
The hotels location is perfectly acceptable and the area busy and seemed safe and we went for a walk enjoying a few drinks at a local bar or three. Chilled local Hungarian beer is perfect for hot humid nights!

We decided to eat in the attached New York Cafe whose architecture was indeed extremely pleasant to the eye.

The café of course allows non-guests to dine and there was a real buzz to the place, the younger staff did however seem far less trained and as interested in their customers than the main hotel staff which was a shame as it very slightly lessened the overall “grand” experience.

We chose the simple local options for food in the New York and I have to say it was of high quality and sensible pricing and I highly recommend it!

We didn’t use the spa due to time constraints but we did have a look around and I have to say the pool was a letdown – certainly when compared to the Corinthias facilities just down the road.

We secured an inclusive with breakfast option which I highly recommend.
High quality produce, huge selection and extremely well cooked- sets you up for the day perfectly!

Check out was painless and they arranged a taxi for us to go to the Budapest Deli station securing a price less than half of that we had paid arriving!

They were in the process of completing works on a roof garden which was of no problem to us and it should completely revitalize what is currently a very bland internal courtyard which will be an asset to the hotel.

So what were the negatives? Thankfully minor and few in number.

No free bottled water in the room – yes it’s picky but this is 5 star remember and a in my opinion a silly policy as it annoys many people.

Great rain shower in bath but no hand held option for the body parts that cannot be reached with a vertical option only – if you get my drift!

Bath towels too small for those of us with a wide girth!

All in all 4.75 stars and yes – we would stay there again