Stayed two nights at the New York Palace over a Winter weekend. Had seen a lot of the hotel before we arrived, which in retrospect was a mistake as there wasn't much left to surprise us. But still a great hotel and a wonderful experience.
The building is as beautiful as the pictures suggest. The decor generally tasteful and even restrained (with the exception of the New York Cafe and the restaurant, which seem original). Very Italian, actually. As Italophiles we found the familiarity of the hotel's style one of its best features.
The service was excellent, fine mannered and well-spoken all round. Professional and attitude free. No hidden surprises on the bill, no pressure to pay for expensive extras or services (and of course they are expensive). Staff helpful and discreet.
Breakfast was good, mainly Italian style with a few concessions to English and German (and American) tastes. Chilled champagne, freshly squeezed juices, wide selection of cheeses, cold cuts, breads, meusli, eggs, bacon, omelettes cooked to order, etc. Best hotel breakfast I've had.
Didn't eat in the restaurant -- I'm sure it's good but also expensive. Also didn't make it to the cigar bar. Pity.
We had the indoor pool and spa mainly to ourselves, being Winter. Very nice. Nothing extreme, but all clean, modern and faultlessly presented. Room and fabulous marble bathroom both large and tasteful. Proper duvet on the bed.
Only small negative was the coffee: cappuccino at breakfast and espresso in the New York Cafe (within the hotel). Not up to the standards of Budapest (or indeed Italy, considering it's an Italian hotel!), and not considering what a focal point the cafe is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience 5-star luxury when staying in the gorgeous Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection. Our contemporary hotel is one of the most grand luxury hotels in Budapest, Hungary. It offers proximity to some of the Budapest area' best attractions, including Chain Bridge, Great Synagogue, and Vaci Utca. We invite you to stay with us and visit our serene indoor pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, full service spa, and impeccable restaurants during your visit to Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Agoda, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Boscolo New York Palace
- New York Palace Budapest