“Good value for money”
Review of Atlantic Hotel

Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #246 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Its important to relaize that the Atlantic hotel is a budget hotel. The breakfast is not fancy but plentifull and satisfying, the rooms are not elegant or luxurious, but clean and comfortable. And cheap!
If you book a hotel at these rates, you should not expect roomservice or caviar. I certainly don't, as I like to spend my holiday money on other things. I found the Atlantic hotel to be well worth the money, the staff to be helpfull and the location to be conveniantly close to the public transport.
The only doubt one might have is to the street the hotel is on. Plenty of drunks on the sidewalk and a few low-level 'wise guys' around. While no issue for adults, I would not recommend it for children, especiallly in the evening.

Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear „Bert-Jan v”,

First and foremost let me thank you for having chosen our Atlantic Hotel, and for taking the time to share your experiences with the travel community of Tripadvisor.
Your are totally right, as Atlantic is a normal 3-star, downtown hotel, so we do not offer luxurious services. The satisfaction of our guests is our greatest pleasure, and it is really appreciated to hear back the positive opinions.
I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us, and many thanks for your kind words regarding our staff!
Unfortunatelly it is not the best area, but now are showing sings of improvement, because the district’s council is working a lot to make it better.
I would like to thank you again for staying with us, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Atlantic Hotel

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Location is poor, you have to walk 1 km to the nearest metro.
Rooms are shabby, beds uncomfortable and hard.
At first staff seemed polite, but during our first trip to the city centre our room was so well cleaned that even our money disappeared. This caused quite a ruckus. Later when we asked that there would be no more cleaning in our room, the request was not followed.
Overall definitely not a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank finnturtle
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear „finnturtle”,

Hereby I would like to reply to your feedback point by point, because I think the travel community of Tripadvisor have the right to know the whole story. On the 5th of September you, and your partner said to our receptionist, that a part of your money (20 000 HUF) were stolen from the room. The receptionist informed the Sales Director about the problem, who immediately started investigate this situation. Firstly she requested you to count the money, which were spend on the same day. You were so kind to write all of your outgoing money, and based your said, 17 000 HUF were missed.
You got the information of our receptionist during the check-in that we, as well as other hotels all around the world, could take the responsibility for only the things put in the safety box, which is free of charge in our hotel. This information there is on the information's paper put in the room too. Despite of you knew this important information, because you said to the Sales Director that our receptionist told it you, you did not put your money in the safety box! We have smaller safety box in the guest’s rooms, and a bigger one in the reception as well. So our guests have the opportunity to put their value in safety places, but unfortunately you did not do it!
In our hotel there is key-card system, therefore the Sales Director could check, how many times, and by who was your room opened. This system could demonstrate that only you and our Housekeepers opened your room’s door. Our house keeping staff has worked here for five years, and in our hotel there hasn’t been similar problem, which is proved by the other reviews here on Tripadvisor, and other feedback’s homepages.
Our main problem was that your money was not put in the safety box, and therefore we could not take the responsibility. The other problem was, and you agreed with our Sales Director regarding this, that you could not prove, that you had had as much money as you said on the abovementioned day. Therefore we could not be sure, that you had remembered well your exact money.

We could say the same information to the Finnish Embassy, and they agreed with us, and said, that next time you should put your value in the safety box. They said to you the same, that without proof unfortunately we and they could not do nothing.

Regarding your request, so that you would not like Housekeeping, it was an accidentally misunderstood, made by our receptionist. Hereby I would like to apologize again for this again.

I would like to refute your contention, that the nearest metro station is 1 km by walk. It takes only 10 minutes walking, and you are on the Blaha Lujza square, where is located the nearest metro station.

Besides these I was so sad that our hotel was not able to meet your expectations. And I would like to apologize again on behalf of the entire staff for the inconveniences.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel was very pleasant. I know people say do not turn right out of the hotel but I found no problem. One would liken the area to around a major station in the UK. Clean, safe but with certain types who are no problem.

The hotel was clean, the staff I found exceptional and very helpful. the rooms were fine and cleaned well daily. The breakfast had more than enough choice for all our party.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daverat4
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear „Daverat4”,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay in our Atlantic Hotel. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with our rooms, and the work of our Housekeeping staff. Your kind words regarding our breakfast were really appreciated.
It is fantastic to know that our staff’s work was able to meet or even exceed your expectations. I have passed your kind comment on our team, who were equally thrilled to hear them. It is always wonderful to hear such a positive feedback, which serves as a great motivation to our team.
On behalf of the entire staff of Atlantic Hotel I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Good location, near the metro and tram . I spent two nights there as a member of a group. The breakfast was good but there could be more choice. The waiters and reception staff were very kind. The room was spacious, clean and the temperature was perfect. It wasn't cold and it was not hot. The bed are big and comfortable and the bedlinen is clean. We got soft towels which were changed every day but I missed the bathrobe.
My requests were fully satisfied, I requested a quiet room and I got a room with a view to the garden not the street.
All in all it's a good cheap, centrally located hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank diego g
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear „diego g”,

First of all I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing our Atlantic Hotel for your recent stay in Budapest and for your all in all positive feedback.

It makes me really happy that the service provided by our staff met your expectations, and thank you so much for highlighting the friendliness of my colleagues. I was truly delighted to see that you had been pleased with the guestroom and the location of our hotel.

I would like to thank you again for your kind review and I hope, that we will have the chance to welcome you again to our hotel in the not so distant future!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Clean and comfortable this hotel is well located. A great economical choice for travellers, the rooms are clean and nice without the luxury of a better grade hotel. Why have hotels done away with tea and coffee making facilities though?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cadici
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear „cadici”,

I am greatful for your review posted on Tripadvisor about your stay at our Atantic Hotel.
I was delighted to read that your were satisfied with our hotel’s location and room. I would like to kindly draw your attention that Atlantic is a 3-star hotel, and the tea and coffee making facilities are not ruled, therefore our rooms are not equipped with these. I hope despite of this we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again, hopefully very soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I booked this hotel when going to the world dog show as it was cheap. I had read the reviews after i had booked it and was a bit worried by some of them as to were it was.

The hotel was easy to get to from the airport by bus tran metro and a short walk.

The hotel is clean and we had a good size room with tv although no English channels but when on hols do you really want to watch tv ?

Th staff have great information about tours events etc in the city and will book them for you so easy and they all speak good English.

The area around the hotel is a bit run down and some people may be put of with some drunk people and homeless people but at any time of the day and night i was never in any danager at all and iam easy going about homeless people as most cities have them and if you look down on them they are not nice people.

they dont allow dogs which is a down side for me as we travel with our dogs alot but this time someone else which was in a dog freindly hotel looked after our dogs.

Breakfast was good for European hotels not as good as getting an Ulster fry in Ireland but the world would be a strange place if we dideverything the same

over all i will stay here again and it is a great city to go to for a few days loved it so much

Room Tip: one at the front of the hotel although dont keep windows open as trams pass in front of the hotel a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Northernirishman
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear „Northernirishman”,

I would like you truly thank you for your time and effort to share your detailed feedback with other readers. I am pleased to read your all-embracing positive comment. Your kind words regarding our always helpful reception staff are really appreciated. As you mentioned we try to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible, for this reason we have a lot of brouchers about programs in Budapest, and our receptionists of course also sell tickets for them.
Unfortunately we could not allow dog in our hotel due its structural design, but it is a great pleasure to hear that you have found an excellent place to your dogs.
Regarding the breakfast I was glad to read that you were satisfied with it, but you mentioned that you have got better in Ireland. Please be ensured that we take your review serius, therefore at the same time I would like to kindly request you to contact me directly on this e-mail adress: sales@atlantichotel.hu and send me your kind suggestions regarding our breakfast, because we think our offer (two type of bread, roll, sweet confectioneries, two types of hot breakfast meals, cereal, corn flakes, yogurt, vegetables (cucumber, tomato), two types of jam, honey, two kind of cheese, bacon, two kind of salami, paté, two types of salad with mayonnaise, juice, ten types of tea, and coffee) is enough wide.
Many thanks for your kind review again, and the entire staff of our Atlantic Hotel is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us again!

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We had a great stay here. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and gave us plenty of tips on the best places to go. The hotel was clean and bright, and the breakfasts were just enough to get us started for the day.
There have been reviews that say this hotel is in a dodgy area, it is on the outskirts of the main part of Budapest and there are a lot of homeless people around but we didnt feel uncomfortable walking back to the hotel in the early hours of the morning and had no trouble at all.
The location is brilliant as there is a tram stop right outside the hotel and its only a 10 minute walk from one of the main metro stations.
Would stay here again, and would recommend definitely.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back of the hotel as the trams can be a little noisy in the morning!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TeamSpanner
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear TeamSpanner,

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the travel community of Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read, that we were able to meet your expectations and you enjoyed your stay in our Atlantic Hotel. I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our helpful staff.
It is nice to hear that you were satisfied with the location of our hotel, and you didn’t feel the hotel's area dangerous.
I would like to thank you once again for staying with us, we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards,