Atlantic Hotel
Agoda.com
US$135
US$120
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdodgy areabudget hotelsimple hotelelectric kettlehotel is situatedmetro stationminute walklate at nightclean hotellidlhop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel does not have it. Walking at night was uncomfortable, not one of the better neighborhoods of Pest. You can find hotel for 10€ more near district V.. Well worth the additional money.
Close to tram line stop with short walk to Metro line connection.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mickspring1
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear „mickspring1”,

I was really sad that our hotel was not able to meet your expectations, but I think you did not have any problem with our services, as you did not mention any, only with the neighborhood. Unfortunately the area is not the best in Budapest. Herewith I would like to kindly draw your attention that the district council work a lot for develope and make it better. For example the houses in the sreet are renovated, so now show signs of improvement.
But thank you for your feedback, and hope you will change your mind, and we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Its important to relaize that the Atlantic hotel is a budget hotel. The breakfast is not fancy but plentifull and satisfying, the rooms are not elegant or luxurious, but clean and comfortable. And cheap!
If you book a hotel at these rates, you should not expect roomservice or caviar. I certainly don't, as I like to spend my holiday money on other things. I found the Atlantic hotel to be well worth the money, the staff to be helpfull and the location to be conveniantly close to the public transport.
The only doubt one might have is to the street the hotel is on. Plenty of drunks on the sidewalk and a few low-level 'wise guys' around. While no issue for adults, I would not recommend it for children, especiallly in the evening.

Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear „Bert-Jan v”,

First and foremost let me thank you for having chosen our Atlantic Hotel, and for taking the time to share your experiences with the travel community of Tripadvisor.
Your are totally right, as Atlantic is a normal 3-star, downtown hotel, so we do not offer luxurious services. The satisfaction of our guests is our greatest pleasure, and it is really appreciated to hear back the positive opinions.
I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us, and many thanks for your kind words regarding our staff!
Unfortunatelly it is not the best area, but now are showing sings of improvement, because the district’s council is working a lot to make it better.
I would like to thank you again for staying with us, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Location is poor, you have to walk 1 km to the nearest metro.
Rooms are shabby, beds uncomfortable and hard.
At first staff seemed polite, but during our first trip to the city centre our room was so well cleaned that even our money disappeared. This caused quite a ruckus. Later when we asked that there would be no more cleaning in our room, the request was not followed.
Overall definitely not a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank finnturtle
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear „finnturtle”,

Hereby I would like to reply to your feedback point by point, because I think the travel community of Tripadvisor have the right to know the whole story. On the 5th of September you, and your partner said to our receptionist, that a part of your money (20 000 HUF) were stolen from the room. The receptionist informed the Sales Director about the problem, who immediately started investigate this situation. Firstly she requested you to count the money, which were spend on the same day. You were so kind to write all of your outgoing money, and based your said, 17 000 HUF were missed.
You got the information of our receptionist during the check-in that we, as well as other hotels all around the world, could take the responsibility for only the things put in the safety box, which is free of charge in our hotel. This information there is on the information's paper put in the room too. Despite of you knew this important information, because you said to the Sales Director that our receptionist told it you, you did not put your money in the safety box! We have smaller safety box in the guest’s rooms, and a bigger one in the reception as well. So our guests have the opportunity to put their value in safety places, but unfortunately you did not do it!
In our hotel there is key-card system, therefore the Sales Director could check, how many times, and by who was your room opened. This system could demonstrate that only you and our Housekeepers opened your room’s door. Our house keeping staff has worked here for five years, and in our hotel there hasn’t been similar problem, which is proved by the other reviews here on Tripadvisor, and other feedback’s homepages.
Our main problem was that your money was not put in the safety box, and therefore we could not take the responsibility. The other problem was, and you agreed with our Sales Director regarding this, that you could not prove, that you had had as much money as you said on the abovementioned day. Therefore we could not be sure, that you had remembered well your exact money.

We could say the same information to the Finnish Embassy, and they agreed with us, and said, that next time you should put your value in the safety box. They said to you the same, that without proof unfortunately we and they could not do nothing.

Regarding your request, so that you would not like Housekeeping, it was an accidentally misunderstood, made by our receptionist. Hereby I would like to apologize again for this again.

I would like to refute your contention, that the nearest metro station is 1 km by walk. It takes only 10 minutes walking, and you are on the Blaha Lujza square, where is located the nearest metro station.

Besides these I was so sad that our hotel was not able to meet your expectations. And I would like to apologize again on behalf of the entire staff for the inconveniences.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel was very pleasant. I know people say do not turn right out of the hotel but I found no problem. One would liken the area to around a major station in the UK. Clean, safe but with certain types who are no problem.

The hotel was clean, the staff I found exceptional and very helpful. the rooms were fine and cleaned well daily. The breakfast had more than enough choice for all our party.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daverat4
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear „Daverat4”,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay in our Atlantic Hotel. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with our rooms, and the work of our Housekeeping staff. Your kind words regarding our breakfast were really appreciated.
It is fantastic to know that our staff’s work was able to meet or even exceed your expectations. I have passed your kind comment on our team, who were equally thrilled to hear them. It is always wonderful to hear such a positive feedback, which serves as a great motivation to our team.
On behalf of the entire staff of Atlantic Hotel I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Good location, near the metro and tram . I spent two nights there as a member of a group. The breakfast was good but there could be more choice. The waiters and reception staff were very kind. The room was spacious, clean and the temperature was perfect. It wasn't cold and it was not hot. The bed are big and comfortable and the bedlinen is clean. We got soft towels which were changed every day but I missed the bathrobe.
My requests were fully satisfied, I requested a quiet room and I got a room with a view to the garden not the street.
All in all it's a good cheap, centrally located hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank diego g
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear „diego g”,

First of all I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing our Atlantic Hotel for your recent stay in Budapest and for your all in all positive feedback.

It makes me really happy that the service provided by our staff met your expectations, and thank you so much for highlighting the friendliness of my colleagues. I was truly delighted to see that you had been pleased with the guestroom and the location of our hotel.

I would like to thank you again for your kind review and I hope, that we will have the chance to welcome you again to our hotel in the not so distant future!