Queen's Court Hotel & Residence
King's Hotel(Budapest)
Ambra Hotel(Budapest)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Bo33 Hotel Family & Suites(Budapest)
  • Room Service
1,094 results
All reviewschess restaurantdob utcaseparate bedroomsmall kitchenswimming poolwashing machine in the bathroomkitchen areastar hotelsitting roomcoffee makerself cateringjewish quarterlovely hotelside streetfull kitchenminute walkruin bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This was our first visit to Budapest and the Queen's Court hotel but we will definitely be returning. Our room was well equipped having a microwave, kettle & fridge but most of all it was spotlessly clean. During our stay the weather hit over 30 but the air con kept the room lovely and cool. It was a tiny bit noisy but not enough to disturb one's sleep. All the staff we met were friendly and very helpful, indeed on the day of my wife's birthday we returned to find a lovely note and gift had been left in our room. The location is good being in the Old Jewish quarter where there are lots of bars and good value restaurants but at night we were sheltered from any noise as our room faced a pretty courtyard. We found the Danube and the Chain Bridge to be within easy walking distance as were most of the tourist attractions. We would also recommend the Free Walking Tours which are a great way of finding your way around and if you like anything
quirky check out the 'ruin' bars. Can't wait to return to this beautiful city!

1  Thank TheDudleyDuo
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed here from 13th to 17 June 2012, having booked it as a part of a Thomas Cook holiday through an internet agent called WWTE. From the description we assumed there would be a fully equipped kitchenette so we could cook our own meals. I am a coeliac, which means I get an autoimmune reaction to even small amounts of wheat or barley gluten, so no bread, flour, pastry, beer; in fact most foods in Budapest are wheat based. We thought we might be able to heat food up in the room. There was a microwave with a grill inside it but it took us ages to figure how it worked and even then we could only cook scrambled eggs (took ages) and my special gluten free bread that I took with me. We bought salad, cheese and ham from the local Spar and had that for lunches. It was difficult putting anything in the fridge because it was also the minibar, and was packed with overpriced bottles of beer that I couldn't drink, tiny expensive bottles of wine and spirit, and some overpriced snacks that I couldn't eat.
For evening meals, the restaurant was very good. Nice polite English speaking staff who, once I had showed them my gluten free information card, were able to offer many of the meals on the menu without gluten. A typical meal for two with wine cost around 10000HUF ( £30). Not huge portions but very well prepared. The room was nice and clean with a tiny balcony that the armchairs in the room just fitted onto. The large bed had two seperate quilts, which was good. The only english TV channel I could find was the BBC news channel. The 'spa' downstairs was a nice touch, with a small pool with a jet at one end that I turned on accidentally and couldn't find how to turn off ( button in middle at top, under water). The jaccuzzi was nice. The sauna was hot (90 C) and I couldn't figure how to control it, but I still tried it. The small lift was very slow to respond. Did I like it? Yes. Would I return? Definitely, but I would know what to expect. It is only a short walk to the 4 and 6 trams outside, and the Metro 2 and 3 are at each end of the road. Great for getting around. We found a real quirky bar complex down a back street, packed with people and wine at 400 HUF a glass.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. Room 306.
Pleasant room, clean and with a kitchen. However, definitely not 5 star quality. Shower was poor, and not really adjustable.
Staff were ok.....generally a bit grumpy. We did not feel particularly welcomed to the hotel.
Area was nicely placed in central budapest.
All in all.....this place was ok, but I cannot see how it has been given a 5 star rating. 4 star at best.
Would probably visit again if the price was right.

1  Thank aliqmul
Reviewed 15 June 2012

From arrival to departure this hotel is exceptional.The staff approachable & so helpful.The room tastefully decorated, spacious,comfortable & clean. Easy access to city centre, & good transport links.We loved our stay here, & highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank NOEL K
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

It's dry difficult to explain why this isn't a 5* hotel, but it just isnt!!! The service is very good, and the hotel is very clean and well laid out, but it lacks 5* amenities and total quality. The price I paid through a third party website means there is absolutely nothing to complain about. The location is great for Andrassy St and close to both the trams and metro. The swimming pool is very small, and the gym also. The rooms are great, although the beds are a little disappointing. The balcony is very small, with no seats or table and none of the balconies appeared to be in the sun after 5pm. This review is certainly not designed to put people off staying, but if it's a 5* hotel you really want then there are others I would try.

• Stayed: June 2012