“Great place, view and standard”

Novotel Budapest Danube
Ranked #57 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very nice rooms, clean and high standard. Great breakfast. I did not unfortunately have time to enjoy all the facilities, but I think they would be good too.
Great view over the Parliament right over the river. Best for those who does not want to live right in the center. Christmas market just some blocks away, and Buda Castle is also very close.

Room Tip: Visit a dentist. A lot of dentists nearby, cheaper than in Norway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Danube in Budapest. Kind regards, Gergely Kollin

Reviewed 18 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Reviewed 16 November 2013

First time to Budapest and it was recommended to stay on this side of the river. The hotel was a good price. Room was clean and the location was perfect. Quick walk to the metro to get into the city. The downstairs bar was a bit expensive but it was ok for a night cap. The money we saved with this hotel made it all worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your review and it was great to read you had had a good stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back, Kind regards, Gergely Kollin.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

we had a nice stay. the hotel staff were vary helpful in organizing a baby carriage (pram) for us to rent at short notice. nice location for what we needed. everything was good. until we figured out the hotel taxis were charging 2 or 3 times the going rate for taxis in the city. this annoyed me more than my wife.... if it weren't for that i would give 5 out of 5 as everything met my expectations and the staff were helpful.

Room Tip: book your taxis elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review. I am glad you had been happy with our services. I will look into the taxi issue you mentioned personally as from 1st of September 2013, by law all taxis have to charge the same and fixed fares and our taxi provider is no exception to that. I m sorry if this was not the case and I guarantee you this will be sorted straight away. Kind regards, Gergely Kollin

Reviewed 11 November 2013

From the moment we arrived till we checked out one week later, the staff was friendly and helpful, answered all our questions and gave us top service. I am a hard to please guest, I know, but the staff at Novotel Danube met all my expectations. I will most definately book here when I go back i June.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with river view som you can enjoy the beauty of the Pest-side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest, my Team will be delighted to read your comments - Thank You!. Great to hear you are planing to come back to us so see you next year, Gergely Kollin

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Can't say nothing bad about this place, very clean and cosy rooms, modern not tired looking and very comfortable. The views were brilliant especially of the parliment buildings. Will definately recommend this hotel to visitors to this beautiful country. We spent 3 nights here and they were fantastic!! we walked everywhere even up to the castle and the fishermans bastion, hospital in the hill and the museum and art gallery. We also found that the little Margaret Island beautifull and so peaceful, a great water feature playing alongside to music which was awesome. So much to see in the Buda side but only a short walk over the chain bridge to takes you into the pest side. We ate out at the small belgium restaraunt ( amazing variety of beers and great food) and also at carne di hall which got a seperate trip advisor report while we were there because it was so good, ask for Thomas!! He'll remember us!! Breakfast at the hotel was great and plentiful and kept us going for most of the day.only wish was that we had booked longer, we will be going again and this is the hotel we will be staying at.Just to mention too that the WIFI was incredibly reliable and useful throughout the hotel. And the staff really couldn't have done any more to make this a special place to visit. We never got to use the other facilities i.e the sauna and steam room.We didn't have the time with so much more going on.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavieboyScotland
gergely_kollin, General Manager at Novotel Budapest Danube, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Danube in Budapest and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Gergely Kollin

Reviewed 5 November 2013

It's my second time at this hotel, and it's a pleasure every time. Rooms are nice, staff is helpful and the restaurant is very good! Breakfast is also amazing. The view from the restaurant to the palace is indescribable!
A reasonable and lovely hotel that I will recommend to anyone going to Budapest.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Danube in Budapest. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Gergely Kollin